Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:
(Quote) Sherrill-anne-13557 said:

--hide--

These dry spells sometimes happen. It's a test. You're on Heavens training grounds. Praying
Apr 9th 2013 new

A crisis of Faith is something we have from time to time. Yes, priests struggle with this too. Turn off your intectual side fot a while. Go to Mass and do not say a thing...just experience it. Disicpline yourself to go to Mass every Sunday, whether you like it or not. Try to domething new in your parish. Can you serve someone in a new way. The trick is stop worrying about having a lack of faith. You are human. Youe will experience it from time to time. Maybe you might go to another parish and experince their Mass. If you do not have faith, act as if you do. It will come back in new and beautiful ways. Read about Mother Theresa to learn more. She lost her faith many times, and suffered mental agony. But she acting as if she faith, and she changed the world.

John

Apr 9th 2013 new
(Quote) John-177773 said: A crisis of Faith is something we have from time to time. Yes, priests struggle with this too. Turn off your int...
(Quote) John-177773 said:

A crisis of Faith is something we have from time to time. Yes, priests struggle with this too. Turn off your intectual side fot a while. Go to Mass and do not say a thing...just experience it. Disicpline yourself to go to Mass every Sunday, whether you like it or not. Try to domething new in your parish. Can you serve someone in a new way. The trick is stop worrying about having a lack of faith. You are human. Youe will experience it from time to time. Maybe you might go to another parish and experince their Mass. If you do not have faith, act as if you do. It will come back in new and beautiful ways. Read about Mother Theresa to learn more. She lost her faith many times, and suffered mental agony. But she acting as if she faith, and she changed the world.

John

--hide--

Nicely said John.
Apr 9th 2013 new

Praying theheart Hi Joshua! Thanks for being open w/ your CM community about your struggles. We all have our ups & downs at times. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this...I didn't have time to read thru all the postings...but does your church or a nearby one have an adoration chapel you can visit? I thought right away of the scripture, "Be still & know that I am God". Sometimes, when we can just surrender to our Lord & God the Father & just sit in His presence, you can see/hear how the Holy Spirit & our Lord will speak to you. I know I've heard that small, little voice many times in my life when I was uncertain what to do. Keep praying & believing & surrendering! Many are praying for you hear, too! wave

Apr 9th 2013 new
Joshua, The first thing I want to say is that you are not alone. You have the prayers of all who read this. Second, do not be concerned with the negativity of others. This should not be a part of your faith life. Most importantly, do not rush the Holy Spirit! Give Him a chance to act in your life and He will. But one thing I have learned is that the Spirit acts in His time, not ours. Be patient and you will be rewarded. Finally, I urge you to join a ministry at your parish. This will introduce you to like minded people who will walk with you in your faith journey. Rich
Apr 10th 2013 new
Hi Joshua, I love that you are so open to share your pain. That takes alot of courage. God loves you so much and is always with you and never leaves you.You have alot of support here. This is a wonderful place to express how you feel.I will be among many that will be praying for you and you will receive the grace and blessings from God because you asked and so you shall receive. Bless you.
Posts 71 - 76 of 76