Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Profile Pictures

Apr 7th 2013 new

Do the moderators/owners of this site have authority to change profile pictures of members? Today, for the second time in a couple weeks, I noticed my profile picture was changed without my having changed it. It's very odd, and I'm quite confused as to how it got changed.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: Do the moderators/owners of this site have authority to change profile pictures of members? Tod...
(Quote) Jessica-951024 said:

Do the moderators/owners of this site have authority to change profile pictures of members? Today, for the second time in a couple weeks, I noticed my profile picture was changed without my having changed it. It's very odd, and I'm quite confused as to how it got changed.

--hide--

The moderators do not have the ability to change profile phtos. I suggest submitting a Help ticket to obtain more information from Customer Service.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-951024 said: Do the moderators/owners of this site have authority to change profile pictures of members? Tod...

--hide--

I've noticed the same thing and its VERY IRRITATING. If an edit is needed, could the powers that be have the common courtesy to send a message why the change was made.

Apr 8th 2013 new

If a photo is not cropped properly then customer service will crop the photo in order to bring it to the stardards of the site. Also if you attempt to change a profile photo and it does not conform to the site standards then customer service will revert back to the last approved profile photo.

Apr 8th 2013 new

--hide--

All profile pictures have to get approval, so it might show up initially, but then it might not meet the standards for profile pictures and gets reverted to your previous one. irked

Here is the main criteria for a profile photo.

Will be cropped to show your face and shoulders in a 200 x 200 pixel square. Must be a recent clear, color photo of yourself facing the camera, without anything obstructing the view of your face Your profile photo must be a photo of yourself without other people included.

So if it was a blurry picture or you were not facing the camera, it most likely was not approved in about a day and changed back to you old one. boggled
Hopefully this helps. smile
Apr 8th 2013 new

Thanks so much y'all! I had no idea about that, so that definitely explains a lot of things. Thanks again!

Apr 8th 2013 new

Jessica, for whatever it's worth - that is a lovely profile pic of you - not matter how it got put there.

Apr 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Jessica, for whatever it's worth - that is a lovely profile pic of you - not matter how it ...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Jessica, for whatever it's worth - that is a lovely profile pic of you - not matter how it got put there.

--hide--

Aww Beverly, that was so sweet of you to say. Thank you so much!! hug

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: If a photo is not cropped properly then customer service will crop the photo in order to bring it...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

If a photo is not cropped properly then customer service will crop the photo in order to bring it to the stardards of the site. Also if you attempt to change a profile photo and it does not conform to the site standards then customer service will revert back to the last approved profile photo.

--hide--

Just wondering, sunglassses do obstruct and I thought they were NOT allowed! I see them a lot, report them and nothing is done?
HELP! ( and No shirts on the men?)

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Barbara-740721 said: Just wondering, sunglassses do obstruct and I thought they were NOT allowed! I see ...
(Quote) Barbara-740721 said:

Just wondering, sunglassses do obstruct and I thought they were NOT allowed! I see them a lot, report them and nothing is done?
HELP! ( and No shirts on the men?)

--hide--

We have never allowed no shirts on men. Each account comes with a trust score if the trust score is high enough we allow profile updates and photo update to be live until they are reviewed. Although rare, occasionally a photo that may not be approriate will get through until it is reviewed by our customer service staff. Profile photos with sun glasses do not conform to our guidlines however we in these cases we do permit customer service staff some leeway in making a judgment especially if the user does not have any other photos. However we can replace or remove any photo that does not conform to our guidelines at anytime.

Posts 1 - 10 of 10