Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Apr 10th 2013 new

Hi Lisa------May Mother Mary be with you----May Our Mother help you to trust the Great Physician------------hope the best for youtheheart rosary

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying hug

Apr 10th 2013 new

Praying theheart Dove Lisa, you came to the right place for help and prayer. God Bless you in your struggle. God has a plan for all of us and if yours is GF, then so be it. Trust in the Lord. You are not alone in this time. Jesus is walking right beside you.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Hi Lisa,

My Mother was diagnosed with Celiac Disease about 5 years ago. It was very difficult for her at first. It's amazing what products out there include some form of Wheat/Barley, etc. Twizzlers have wheat as a 1st ingredient!! Seriously crazy! It took her a while to get acclimated and find bread items she could enjoy. The one good thing on a celiac diet is that you can eat very healthy. Lots of fresh foods. The one thing Mom misses the most though is Pizza.

Mom & I share an apartment together, so I do the shopping with her and I do most of the cooking also. I do not have Celiac, but because Mom is I have started eating better. I don't deprive myself of the items I enjoy such as the Italian bread with dinner if I want it & Mom wouldn't want me to. I say this because whomever God has in store for you as a spouse will accept you for who you are and will not "feel" affected by this diagnosis; and who knows, maybe your "spouse to be" has Celiac himself and this is God's way of preparing you for him.

Praying hug for you that God gives you the strength to endure what he has in store for you in the future.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Yay, I'm glad you're able to find GF foods in Canada!! Also good to know in case I ever move out of the US for whatever reason - that's the hardest part of travelling for me... Yeah, bread and bakery products are pretty expensive; I used to get rice bread, but it just wasn't very good. I tried spelt bread for a little bit, but found out that the gluten content is too high in spelt (for me anyway...). So now I make all of my muffins, danish, cookies, what have you. I have a bread recipe, but I haven't tried it out yet...

Posts 21 - 25 of 25