Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Apr 11th 2013 new
Everything that is being done by the federal government has been going on for years - perhaps more than 100 years these things have been in the making. It has only been accelerated by Obama as evidenced by increasing the debt by $ 5 trillion, the takeover of 1/6 of the US economy in healthcare, and soon, the confiscation of guns, and the persecution of all those who do not submit.

Everything that is being done by the federal government is for the purpose of destroying these things:

Morality, Christianity, Family, the Economy, education - in spite of the rhetoric to the contrary.

Everything that the federal government is doing is for the purpose of creating a new world order to control all the people of the earth, that is, those that are left after a 90 to 95% reduction in population. Don't believe that? Study United Nations Agenda 21. It is 40 chapters of the blueprint for the new world order. Everything that is happening today in America has been in the works for decades. If you can control the earth (environment), you can control all wealth. If you can control all wealth, you can control all people. This is the origin of the environmental movement.

Everything that the federal government is doing is to promote Islam and persecute Christians around the world, including in the United States. The last thing the government wants is for Americans to have faith in a higher God, unless it is alla (the contrariwise other). The government wants the government to be the peoples' god, and all of the new people (12 million on welfare?) dependent on the government is reflective of that. The government is letting out all of the rope that these people need to hang themselves, since once there are sufficient people all dependent on the government, the government can stop supporting them.... that's right! The government will stop supporting them under some fallacious pretenses, and many millions will die. The middle class is being squeezed out, and there will once again be only poor fiefs and a small elite ruling class who are vain and aspiring lords who own and control all property and assets. I understand that people fall on hard times and need help at times, but as soon as you can get back on your feet, you should do so, because the last place you want to be is dependent on the government, when, like the last person standing in a game of musical chairs, you have no place to go to get food for your family when the government cuts you off.

What does all of this have to do with soda and chips? Obama (and all who support the globalist take over) would just as soon see these EBT purchases made on any illicit vice because it weakens the American people, further destroys the US economy, destroys families, destroys peoples' faith and makes them easier to control and/or take over.

You will never hear a politician say any of these things, but look at their actions, and study their play books, like UN Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius.

We must keep our faith strong and fight with prayer, fasting and acts of charity and mercy.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-624621 said: Everything that is being done by the federal government has been going on for years - perhaps more than 10...
(Quote) Jim-624621 said: Everything that is being done by the federal government has been going on for years - perhaps more than 100 years these things have been in the making. It has only been accelerated by Obama as evidenced by increasing the debt by $ 5 trillion, the takeover of 1/6 of the US economy in healthcare, and soon, the confiscation of guns, and the persecution of all those who do not submit.

Everything that is being done by the federal government is for the purpose of destroying these things:

Morality, Christianity, Family, the Economy, education - in spite of the rhetoric to the contrary.

Everything that the federal government is doing is for the purpose of creating a new world order to control all the people of the earth, that is, those that are left after a 90 to 95% reduction in population. Don't believe that? Study United Nations Agenda 21. It is 40 chapters of the blueprint for the new world order. Everything that is happening today in America has been in the works for decades. If you can control the earth (environment), you can control all wealth. If you can control all wealth, you can control all people. This is the origin of the environmental movement.

Everything that the federal government is doing is to promote Islam and persecute Christians around the world, including in the United States. The last thing the government wants is for Americans to have faith in a higher God, unless it is alla (the contrariwise other). The government wants the government to be the peoples' god, and all of the new people (12 million on welfare?) dependent on the government is reflective of that. The government is letting out all of the rope that these people need to hang themselves, since once there are sufficient people all dependent on the government, the government can stop supporting them.... that's right! The government will stop supporting them under some fallacious pretenses, and many millions will die. The middle class is being squeezed out, and there will once again be only poor fiefs and a small elite ruling class who are vain and aspiring lords who own and control all property and assets. I understand that people fall on hard times and need help at times, but as soon as you can get back on your feet, you should do so, because the last place you want to be is dependent on the government, when, like the last person standing in a game of musical chairs, you have no place to go to get food for your family when the government cuts you off.

What does all of this have to do with soda and chips? Obama (and all who support the globalist take over) would just as soon see these EBT purchases made on any illicit vice because it weakens the American people, further destroys the US economy, destroys families, destroys peoples' faith and makes them easier to control and/or take over.

You will never hear a politician say any of these things, but look at their actions, and study their play books, like UN Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius.

We must keep our faith strong and fight with prayer, fasting and acts of charity and mercy.
--hide--

Jim, all I can say is I have to look up UN Agenda 21 and Codex Alimentarius.

America is on a fast decline and it is being attacked from every angle. Attacked and weakened is what is going on,
and it is a systematic, unrelenting attack. I consider America under attack, based on the following anomalies: the huge
National debt, imposition of the new Obamacare without voters having a chance to read it, new Gay Marriage laws, the loss
of the Church's morality in healthcare choices and now perhaps the Sacrament of Marriage having to include gays, the out
of control immigration problem, no border security, the 50 million people on food stamps, the low interest rates keeping
investors in the stock market (a new bubble, of course), and the use of a person's monetary assets without paying a
substantial amount of interest for that use, loss of jobs in our country, high underemployment rate, 10 year wars involving
our military men and women overseas causing severe breakup of family life and severe physical and mental disabilities,
a Government who is barely taken care of its war wounded when they return home, skyrocketing costs of college education,
government pushing concept of college to new immigrants and poor families as though it is going to change their life
without explaining the 20-60 thousand dollar student loans they will rack up and then be underemployed
like the rest of Americans with college degrees, liberals who say we are crying wolf when someone tries to point out
how bad things have gotten, the bullying and manipulativeness of liberals when it comes to political correctness, and on and on.

Because the American society has become saturated with so many new immigrants so fast, and since they think they have
gotten on the bandwagon to Eureka when they come here, they are not cognizant of how fast this country is and has changed
for the worse. Anyone not worried about America and its future is either living in la-la land or does not have enough
understanding of what weakens society and the economy.

Even if we have Americans who realize what is going on, and there are plenty of us, they don't seem to be able to make a
difference to turn things around. Why? Something is rotten in Denmark--that is all I can say. You are right, we need to
pray and fast and hope!

Thank you for pointing out those two sources, Jim.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-650539 said: I read an interesting article yesterday about how restaurants are planning on gettin...
(Quote) Steve-650539 said:

I read an interesting article yesterday about how restaurants are planning on getting around the large soft drink ban by offering "bundles" of soft drinks. So, for instance, instead of paying $1.99 for a 32 oz. drink, you can pay $1.99 for two 16 oz. drinks.

My personal feeling is that the best way to attack the soft drink problem would be to end subsidies on corn.

--hide--

Steve, you do know that they got rid of the soft drink mandate of 16 ounces? They got rid of it because it was too
hard to police. A bodega could sell 20-ounce bottles of coke, but a pizza store could not sell the same bottle. They
had other descriptions of descrepancies, like a 16-ounce milkshake is way more calories than a 16-ounce soda.

I think the law will come up again in a few years but Bloomberg will be out of office to fight it. So I would say it
has gone away--at least in NYC.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: In defense of Mayor Bloomberg: I believe NYC was the FIRST to have the clean indoor air act....ie...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

In defense of Mayor Bloomberg: I believe NYC was the FIRST to have the clean indoor air act....ie no smoking indoors. That was met with LOTS of backlash, especially by bar and restaurant owners. Yet here we are over 10 years later all breathing much better (I have low level asthma and am severely allergic to cigarette smoke). His purpose with the soda limit is to try to do SOMETHING. about the awful obesity epidemic in this country which is costing all of us....thru lost productivity, increased insurance costs and eventually higher taxes to pay for Medicare. I believe one's "freedoms" and "rights" end where mine begin. Laws are made because unfortunately people can't be left always to do the "right " thing. Judgement? Maybe.

Answer: No....people using taxpayer money do not have the "right" to buy junk food. And I'm pretty moderate in my thinking!

--hide--

Susan, taxes don't pay for Medicare. It is only payroll deductions so far.

If you really think about it, mandating how a person eats is far beyond the concept of what the founders of
this country had for the Government. The Government should take care of things like building national
roads and maintaining a national military and chartering national banks and maintaining the national forests
and park lands, collecting taxes, dealing with other Governments, etc.

Giving food to people is not what a Government should be responsible for.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-940526 said: In defense of Mayor Bloomberg: I believe NYC was the FIRST to have the clean indoor air act....ie...
(Quote) Susan-940526 said:

In defense of Mayor Bloomberg: I believe NYC was the FIRST to have the clean indoor air act....ie no smoking indoors. That was met with LOTS of backlash, especially by bar and restaurant owners. Yet here we are over 10 years later all breathing much better (I have low level asthma and am severely allergic to cigarette smoke). His purpose with the soda limit is to try to do SOMETHING. about the awful obesity epidemic in this country which is costing all of us....thru lost productivity, increased insurance costs and eventually higher taxes to pay for Medicare. I believe one's "freedoms" and "rights" end where mine begin. Laws are made because unfortunately people can't be left always to do the "right " thing. Judgement? Maybe.

Answer: No....people using taxpayer money do not have the "right" to buy junk food. And I'm pretty moderate in my thinking!

--hide--

Susan, taxes don't pay for Medicare, payroll deductions do. At least so far.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Helen-881220 said: Should food-stamp recipients be able to buy soda and those ever-addictive chips with their ...
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

Should food-stamp recipients be able to buy soda and those ever-addictive chips with their minimal
food stamp allowance?

This is the question i answered. I just don't think anyone answered your question except for Peter.

Many people did not answer your question, but went on a spree about welfare fraud.

Everyone knows what has happened in the system under Obama.

It is not right, but what can one do about it?

Again, my answer to your question, is, "yes, I believe they should be able to buy some sweets for their children".

--hide--

You seem more compassionate to the recipients than other responders.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I thought those interested in the topic might find the following links helpful. ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I thought those interested in the topic might find the following links helpful.

SNAP (food stamp)

www.fns.usda.gov

Federal Minimum wage (note some states do have a higher minimum wage, where this is so, employees are entitled to the higher of the two)

jobsearch.about.com

40hrs X $7.25 = $290 per work week gross.

Rates for FICA and medicare -- these are deducted from every person's pay period, no exceptions.

www.osyb.com

7.65% the other half is paid by the employer

$290- $22.19= 267.81 Please note no federal or state income taxes have been deducted but these will also be deducted.

Chart for the Federal Poverty Rate and associated income levels used to determine eligibility for certain programs

www.familiesusa.org

A livable wage is much different than the minimum wage, below are links to the livable wage calculator. I did an example for Oklahoma County, OK because Oklahoma has some of the lowest cost of living rates in the country. The main link is also listed and you may want to check this out for your county.

livingwage.mit.edu

livingwage.mit.edu

Information for the Oklahoma Sooner Care program which provides health benefits. Please note adults do not actually qualify except in certain circumstances, this is primarily for the medical care of children.

www.okhca.org

www.okhca.org

--hide--

Lauren: It is my understanding that persons who make very little money, or are close to the poverty level, and have many
dependents, will get much more money back on their Federal and State tax returns in the form of refunds. The number of
dependends increases the amount of money that will be distributed to the head of household as a refund when they file
returns.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A BILLION DOLLARS IN OBAMAPHONE FRAUD?
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A BILLION DOLLARS IN OBAMAPHONE FRAUD? "Forty-one percent. If that percentage holds up across the TracFone and Nexus subscriber bases, were talking about nearly a billion dollars in ObamaPhone fraud." www.humanevents.com

FCC Review Uncovers Abuse of Cell Phone Subsidies "The review showed that 41% of their more than six million Lifeline subscribers either couldn't prove their eligibility or didn't respond to confirmation requests."www.foxbusiness.com

Woman Hoards 30 Obama Phones www.youtube.com

Investigation finds more than 26,000 Ohioans abusing free cell phone planwww.toledoblade.com
--hide--

Mary: You sure are on top of this fraud. Thank goodness you have so many resources.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Lauren: It is my understanding that persons who make very little money, or are close t...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Lauren: It is my understanding that persons who make very little money, or are close to the poverty level, and have many
dependents, will get much more money back on their Federal and State tax returns in the form of refunds. The number of
dependends increases the amount of money that will be distributed to the head of household as a refund when they file
returns.

--hide--

In income taxes it is possible if they are US citizens that they may qualify for additional earned income credit, they also get the same standrd deductions as everyone else. The Child Tax credit is limited to two children so it doesn't matter how many you have only two count for that extra thousand dollars. I have known people who received fairly nice refunds, which were promptly returned to the economy through the purchase of things they couldn't normally receive. The FICA and Medicare taxes are withdrawn from everyone who works checks except sometimes grad students. I had four children and I think we qualified only once in all those years for the earned income credit, most years we had to pay additional taxes. Of course at the end Pete also had them take out thirty dollars extra for both federal and state taxes which generally resulted in refunds for us.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: In income taxes it is possible if they are US citizens that they may qualify for additi...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

In income taxes it is possible if they are US citizens that they may qualify for additional earned income credit, they also get the same standrd deductions as everyone else. The Child Tax credit is limited to two children so it doesn't matter how many you have only two count for that extra thousand dollars. I have known people who received fairly nice refunds, which were promptly returned to the economy through the purchase of things they couldn't normally receive. The FICA and Medicare taxes are withdrawn from everyone who works checks except sometimes grad students. I had four children and I think we qualified only once in all those years for the earned income credit, most years we had to pay additional taxes. Of course at the end Pete also had them take out thirty dollars extra for both federal and state taxes which generally resulted in refunds for us.

--hide--

Say if you had seven or eight children, wouldn't the deduction for each dependent result in a refund over and above what you
paid in withholding taxes?

Posts 61 - 70 of 121