Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think we were born ready for love. It's why we were created. Heck, ...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: I think we were born ready for love. It's why we were created. Heck, it's HOW we were created!

Remember that many sexual acts likely have nothing to do w/ Love.

I know a divorced woman who suffered verbal abuse from her husband and then he would "order" her to intercourse.

Heard another woman say "a woman always knows when she's being used."

Our goal as Catholic Christians is to seek True Love in all things including sexuality... be very wise discerning that.

--hide--
Bob, you totally missed my point. God created all of us, regardless of the circumstances of our conception or our current life or anything in between, to love. HOW He created us is an act of love on His part. Every life is a miracle from God made by love for love. The purpose of life is love. To put love off until we are "ready" is akin to saying I'll find love when I become human. Now is an acceptable time!
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Bob, you totally missed my point. God created all of us, regardless of the circumstances of our conception...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Bob, you totally missed my point. God created all of us, regardless of the circumstances of our conception or our current life or anything in between, to love. HOW He created us is an act of love on His part. Every life is a miracle from God made by love for love. The purpose of life is love. To put love off until we are "ready" is akin to saying I'll find love when I become human. Now is an acceptable time!
--hide--

Well Dawn I guess I can understand your explanation.

Looking around nature at even flying, very small insects (and realizing how small their design is..they have internal organs just like we do, and where did they go to Flight School?) has to reveal the Creator, Was out walking in the drizzle last nite after a very intense elliptical workout and said to myself "this is Living" and thanked God for the drizzle and cooler air soaking me as I walked back to my place.

I also remember Mother Teresa's words about the "lack of Love" being the greatest problem in the world. I am aware of people in my circle of friends/ acquaintances who "make love" (have sex) where there's NO Love at all.

This Topic is about "ready for love". Wonder how the TV show explanation for "love" will evolve?

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That's one of the things I admire about you, Ray -- you've got your priorities straight!<...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That's one of the things I admire about you, Ray -- you've got your priorities straight!

--hide--

I hope the toenails are! If not there is always a Toe-Truck on duty Toe-Day, Toe-Morrow or even Toe-Night!! I feal a heel making those jokes!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: It takes you an hour to clip them? Poor Ray...may I ask why it takes the whole hour? ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

It takes you an hour to clip them? Poor Ray...may I ask why it takes the whole hour?

--hide--

Starting the chain saw!!!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Don't kill me for saying this but...Do you have a home health nurse that come...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Don't kill me for saying this but...

Do you have a home health nurse that comes in once a year?
(I am sorry..) or is this what you have to do when you hate the new dating show that is on once a year.....

--hide--
The nurse isn't strong enough to kick start the chainsaw!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: What if, you two got together once a year and clipped each others together? Lol.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

What if, you two got together once a year and clipped each others together? Lol.
--hide--

How romantic dualling chainsaws!!! It just get any better Frank!! Toenails locked in the dance of Torvil and Dean!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Does it pay?(I don't mean just money.... I wonder, would people resent it? Unless you...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Does it pay?

(I don't mean just money.... I wonder, would people resent it? Unless you're already known as a yenta....?

--hide--

A yenta on a broom stick already!! Oi! you wouldn't believe already!! Such much! Too much!! Such a big deal!! They should get a hobby! Jack O Lantern stir the pot! Its getting cold!

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Well Dawn I guess I can understand your explanation. Looking around nature at even ...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Well Dawn I guess I can understand your explanation.

Looking around nature at even flying, very small insects (and realizing how small their design is..they have internal organs just like we do, and where did they go to Flight School?) has to reveal the Creator, Was out walking in the drizzle last nite after a very intense elliptical workout and said to myself "this is Living" and thanked God for the drizzle and cooler air soaking me as I walked back to my place.

I also remember Mother Teresa's words about the "lack of Love" being the greatest problem in the world. I am aware of people in my circle of friends/ acquaintances who "make love" (have sex) where there's NO Love at all.

This Topic is about "ready for love". Wonder how the TV show explanation for "love" will evolve?

--hide--

Exactly. As for me, I won't date any woman who actually watches these ridiculous bachelor / matchmaking shows.
Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Exactly. As for me, I won't date any woman who actually watches these ridiculous bachelor / matchmakin...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Exactly. As for me, I won't date any woman who actually watches these ridiculous bachelor / matchmaking shows.
--hide--

Primarily because they're not Catholic centered. They're secular.
Apr 12th 2013 new

We love you for your soul. wink

Posts 61 - 70 of 73