Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think we were born ready for love. It's why we were created. Heck, it's HOW we were created!
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: I think we were born ready for love. It's why we were created. Heck, it's HOW we were created!

If we all wait around until we are perfected for love, well... you know...
--hide--

Dawn, I have to disagree with the your statement that we were born ready for love. As children we're born to accept love, but children take without really giving back. That's not to say that parenting is fulfilling, it's just that the children don't know any differntly.

For love to be authentic true love it has to image that of the Father, and it has to be given and received. It can't go one way. Likewise there are times in peoples life where they are not ready or able to return love before various reasons (loosing a spouse, divorce, etc.). Love is a "process" and it takes a LOT of work, and sometimes people don't have the energy it takes to love. I appreciate that this isn't the fairytale rose garden view of "love" but real love take a lot of work, and a lot of sacrafice. We need look no further then a Crucifix to truly understand the pain that true love can bring.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Never in my life will I be caught dead doing SKype -- for just that reason! The mirror is sca...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Never in my life will I be caught dead doing SKype -- for just that reason!
The mirror is scary enough.

--hide--

Skype is great! If it weren't for Skype my little niece wouldn't know who I am! (she lives across country) She also wouldn't have as many oppertunities to practice her scamming. shhh laughing

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Pat-5351 said: So tonight a new TV dating show starts on NBC: "Ready for Love." www.nbc.com.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

So tonight a new TV dating show starts on NBC: "Ready for Love."

www.nbc.com

This one is not your typical "Bachelor" format. These three guys (and the girls they will be dating) are going to have help from 3 matchmaker/dating coaches.

I am thinking there might be something to be learned form these folks. All the previews suggest that there will be.

One of the experts is a guy who is going to tell the girls what the guys are actually thinking.

Another one's tactic seems to be telling them "what is wrong with you" --the stuff that everyone else is afraid to say because they don't want to hurt your feelings.

I think it is going to be interesting and will take some notes myself.

Too bad we don't all have people like this in our own lives who could tell us the hard truth and explain others' behavior to us!

If you had a dating coach/matchmaker working with you, what would they say to you?

Can we be that objective so as to see ourselves as others see us and take the critique to heart?

--hide--
Yes
Posts 71 - 73 of 73