Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 10th 2013 new
I'm picky. I know I am. I want a man with a great heart and tons of love of God and openness/obedience to His will. I also want him to be a happy guy who is a lot of fun.
Apr 10th 2013 new

I think that for many of us with children, our "pickiness" revolves around them.

Apr 10th 2013 new

That's not picky, kiddo.
Picky is, you don't accept a second date ONLY because his table manners weren't up to snuff.

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: That's not picky, kiddo.Picky is, you don't accept a second date ONLY because his table manners wer...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

That's not picky, kiddo.
Picky is, you don't accept a second date ONLY because his table manners weren't up to snuff.

--hide--

Hi Marge,

I would think table manners is actually normal to be picky about. I wouldn't expect a woman to want to see me again if I ate like a caveman of burped out loud on a first dinner date. Lol. In my professional opinion, picky is not dating someone because they're too tall or too short or they're ten or even 15 years older or younger. Or because they grew up in an upper class family or middle class family. That's picky.
Apr 10th 2013 new

I have to disagree. Disqualifying someone over something they can change (I taught my husband proper table manners) is very different from trying to overlook important cultural or class distinctions -- or generational differences -- which influence a person's entire mindset.

I'm not saying we can't get past most of these things. But I am saying there are an awful lot of petty things that don't matter as much as people seem to think.

Apr 10th 2013 new

"Orthopraxy"?? scratchchin

What do dat mean? boggled

Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I'm picky. I know I am. I want a man with a great heart and tons of love of God and openness/obedience...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I'm picky. I know I am. I want a man with a great heart and tons of love of God and openness/obedience to His will. I also want him to be a happy guy who is a lot of fun.
--hide--

I want the same meg! wave cloudnine Superman fluffy angel heart rose

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I have to disagree. Disqualifying someone over something they can change (I taught my husband proper table man...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I have to disagree. Disqualifying someone over something they can change (I taught my husband proper table manners) is very different from trying to overlook important cultural or class distinctions -- or generational differences -- which influence a person's entire mindset.

I'm not saying we can't get past most of these things. But I am saying there are an awful lot of petty things that don't matter as much as people seem to think.

--hide--

Oh ok, well you're very nice to overlook those types of things I would say. I was merely just saying on a first dinner date type of thing because this is when we should still be on our utmost best behavior. That's all I really meant. : )
Apr 10th 2013 new

I honestly was talking with a guy friend about this on Monday. I honestly don't think I'm picky. It's just for many of us, we don't want to waste our time. I know people tell me I'm young but I don't feel like I have time to "see if something works out" when I look at some one and they have distinct qualities with which I do not feel I can live. Plus, those qualities that I do not find attractive might be just what attracts someone else to that person.

Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Helen-881220 said: I want the same meg!
(Quote) Helen-881220 said:

I want the same meg!

--hide--

Thanks, Helen. Ha, ha. though!eyepopping Reading it now, it almost looks like I am asking for love of God and obedience/openness to ME. laughing Meant to God of course. embarassed
Posts 21 - 30 of 61