Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

This drives me crazy

Apr 9th 2013 new

On Catholic radio, I keep hearing the statement made that Pope Pius XII introduced the washing of the feet in 1955. faint faint laughing laughing laughing

In reality the ceremony has been part of the Holy Thursday servces for hundreds of years prior to 1955.

As an altar boy in the 40's it was part of the Holy Thursday Services that I participated in. It was part of the services in the seminary prior to 1955.

My parents always talked aouit it being part of the Service when they were children in the late 1800s and early 1900 in Italy.

Where does this nonsense about Pius "introducing" it come from?

Apr 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: On Catholic radio, I keep hearing the statement made that Pope Pius XII introduced the washing of ...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

On Catholic radio, I keep hearing the statement made that Pope Pius XII introduced the washing of the feet in 1955.

In reality the ceremony has been part of the Holy Thursday servces for hundreds of years prior to 1955.

As an altar boy in the 40's it was part of the Holy Thursday Services that I participated in. It was part of the services in the seminary prior to 1955.

My parents always talked aouit it being part of the Service when they were children in the late 1800s and early 1900 in Italy.

Where does this nonsense about Pius "introducing" it come from?

--hide--
I believe that Pope Pius inserted it into the Mass in 1955 it was separated before

Posts 1 - 2 of 2