Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I did not if you are not on the site everday. If you do not renew your membership and when it expi...
(Quote) Fred-907946 said:

I did not if you are not on the site everday. If you do not renew your membership and when it expires it should be removed that day it does make sense to be sending out messages to somebody that cannot receive them. The computer could be programed easily to do this. As long as you are a paid up member you stay on the site regardless rather you use it or not. But if you do not renew you should be removed.

--hide--

Fred different people use the site differently. Some check the site multiple times a day and others a few times per year. Other times people simply take a break but they still would like to keep their account. Each user can remove their profile anytime they like and if they do not log-into the site within 18 months we remove their profile. Check out the member stories and you will find lots of couples who were not active or subscribers at the time they recieved a message and it was that message that made them interested and ultimately led to them meeting and marrying their spouse. I can also tell you that we have a pretty strict standard compared to ther sites many of which never remove profiles include some Catholic sites.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I may be old, my membership number may be old but I keep my pictures and profiles current. Sadly that's ...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I may be old, my membership number may be old but I keep my pictures and profiles current. Sadly that's not always the case with some 'older' members who have been here a very long time and still have the same pictures, seriously, we ALL change, be it hair color/syle, no hair, facial hair (of course I'm speaking of men) so why some folks don't update their pictures or maybe their profiles is a puzzle all around.

--hide--

Chica, I love you. hug I follow in your footsteps here. My number is older, but I keep all things current. Except for a stint of about six months, I've been an active member for about ten years now. Some people may be dismayed by that, but CM has blessed me much! As CM has blessed you. Our days are here and coming, chicababe!
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I have talked to some people at church and they do not renew because of this. They charge enough f...

I have talked to some people at church and they do not renew because of this. They charge enough for the service so they should keep it updated.

--hide--

I agree. Its fraudulant to pretend people are active when they are not. I also believe that CM and all sites should not allow profiles that have no picture. It's like being stalked to be visited by a "ghost". I read a post by one person complaining that no one answered their emotigrams. They had no picture. Well, duh.

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I agree. Its fraudulant to pretend people are active when they are not. I also believe that CM and all sites...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

I agree. Its fraudulant to pretend people are active when they are not. I also believe that CM and all sites should not allow profiles that have no picture. It's like being stalked to be visited by a "ghost". I read a post by one person complaining that no one answered their emotigrams. They had no picture. Well, duh.

--hide--

Well in the persons profile it indicates whether or not they've been active "this week" etc If it says "invite Joe Blow back to Catholic Match" then you have your answer. They're not a current subscriber most likely.
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I agree. Its fraudulant to pretend people are active when they are not. I also believe that CM...

--hide--

There are very legitimate reasons not to put pictures on line, so it would be unfair to ban the practice.

And if you did ban it, that would simply result in people using fake pictures.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I think CM should keep the site updated on a daily basis, it would not be that hard to program the...

I think CM should keep the site updated on a daily basis, it would not be that hard to program their computer to do this, by not updating it gives them the appearance of having a lot more members on the rolls than they actually have. I have talked to some people at church and they do not renew because of this. They charge enough for the service so they should keep it updated.

--hide--
There is a reason for keeping profiles that you would regard as "outdated". Many people come and go. They leave for a period of time, then decide to return. Having all of their information kept makes it easier to rejoin. Some of their info might have to be tweaked a bit for an update, but outside of that, they're ready to go.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I agree. Its fraudulant to pretend people are active when they are not. I also believe that CM...

--hide--
Joan -- no one is pretending they are active.

No picture? There are legitimate reasons for some people NOT to post a picture. Certainly we who are looking would like to see one, but we should respect the wishes and needs of people who aren't inclined to post a photo.

There are plenty of members with photos who don't answer messages or emotes either. (A little guilty -- I'm about 2 months behind.....)

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: WELCOME! There's no easy way to tell how "old" a profile is. T...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

WELCOME!

There's no easy way to tell how "old" a profile is. There are a number of active members with member numbers of 4 digits...or less!
All you can really do is send out emote and hope for the best...and participate in the forums, because everyone here is alive. Or, at least faking it well.

--hide--

I think we should each pinch ourselves to make sure we are alive...then report back. Ouch. wide eyed

I am.
Apr 13th 2013 new

What Ray and Brian said x2.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I would suggest that you may want to create custom search based on activity (e.g. within the past 14 days). That way you do not spend your time emoting an inactive profile that is potentially 18 months old.

Posts 11 - 20 of 40