Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Apr 14th 2013 new

I agree that it is fustrating when you emote many men in month and only two respond. At least when I was not active I posted as part of my profile that I was not active member.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I think we should each pinch ourselves to make sure we are alive...then report back. Ouch.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I think we should each pinch ourselves to make sure we are alive...then report back. Ouch.

I am.
--hide--
Guess again, Meg. That was me pinching you... shhh hug

Apr 14th 2013 new

I agree with Brian. We are all individuals. Some people do not want to post their picture for their own reasons. That is their choice. Just because someone does not have a picture or has a picture does not guarantee they will respond to a message. Just the same as someone checking their messages often or not very often. There is no perfect solution. Just accept that we are all individuals and we are all not the same. Send emotigrams and messages to those you would like to make contact with and if they respond great and if they do not then do not take it personally. Keep active on the site yourself and take part in the forums, read the blogs, chat in the chat rooms and message and send out emotigrams. Enjoy this wonderful site for what it is. Pray to find the one for you and what will be will be. Be positive and hopeful always. God bless.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) James-413805 said: I would suggest that you may want to create custom search based on activity (e.g. within the past...
(Quote) James-413805 said:

I would suggest that you may want to create custom search based on activity (e.g. within the past 14 days). That way you do not spend your time emoting an inactive profile that is potentially 18 months old.

--hide--

Just to be clear James, we have had many (don't have an exact number) couples meet when one of the two had not be ver "active" at the time but because of a message that was sent they came back to the site responded and it led to them getting married. Everyone is free to use the site as they wish but to rule someone out simply because they have not logged in the site in the last 14 days is probably not using the site to its fullest potential and possibly being counter productive.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Brian, I understood your point perfectly. As you stated, everyone may use they site as they see fit - those were my recommendations that others may choose to follow (or not).

Apr 15th 2013 new

I don't have a problem with someone not posting their photo as long as if we begin to communicate and I ask to see a picture they have one to send me. I'm not comfortable talking to someone who's face I've never seen. Granted, I know that even if the person shows me a picture I will not know if it is really them until we have a video chat, but if I ask & they comply right away, more than not they are being truthful. If they hedge and come up with a reason not to send me one, then I will probably move on.

Apr 25th 2013 new

Have found more outdated persons. that is to say over 3 weeks, on line than active members. Money is paid for this site and I will never use this site again. It leads one to believe or consider that Catholics are credible and genuine people because of our faith. Questions are asked about our religious beliefs but yet this site is not sponsored by a corporation that is connected to the Catholic Church. A business is a business and money talks but with no action on this site. Thumbs down on Catholic Match. Does not offer what it professes to do....

Apr 25th 2013 new

JoAnne: You are making several accusations that are simply not true. Further more we are much more open about site statistics and how we operate than most dating sites including other Catholic and Christian operated ones. I suggest submitting a support ticket if you truly have questions you would like answer and not simply throw around basless and false accusations.

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) JoAnne-960625 said: Have found more outdated persons. that is to say over 3 weeks, on line than active members. Mone...
(Quote) JoAnne-960625 said:

Have found more outdated persons. that is to say over 3 weeks, on line than active members. Money is paid for this site and I will never use this site again. It leads one to believe or consider that Catholics are credible and genuine people because of our faith. Questions are asked about our religious beliefs but yet this site is not sponsored by a corporation that is connected to the Catholic Church. A business is a business and money talks but with no action on this site. Thumbs down on Catholic Match. Does not offer what it professes to do....

--hide--

Disclaimer: The moderators are not CM employees and we speak only for ourselves, not for Catholic Match.

There are a variety of reasons a member might not use CM for more than 3 weeks yet still consider themselves active and fully intend to resume using it (work assignments, significant illness or other personal issues, travel, etc.). Personally, there have been several times I have been inactive for more than 3 weeks, and I know the same to be true of a number of other members.

I don't know of any dating site that removes profiles after 3 weeks -- or even 3 months -- of inactivity. Years ago I signed up for several as an unpaid member and even though I never signed on after initially evaluating them, I received email from them informing me of matches for years afterward.

As Brian has noted a number of times, including in a response in this topic, it is not uncommon for inactive members to return to the site, and even pay for a one month membership, when contacted by someone who interests them (most members receive emails off-site when someone sends them an emote or a message). In fact, quite a few of the CM success stories started off in just this manner.

If you personally aren't interested in contacting someone who hasn't been on the site for more than 3 weeks (or whatever your threshold may be), you are free not to do so -- that is why CM displays how long it has been since a member was last on the site. However, is it fair or reasonable to prevent those members who are more open to attempting to contact those who have not been active recently from doing so by removing profiles that don't meet your personal expectations?

Apr 26th 2013 new
I would like to add that having lived in multiple states during the time I have been on CM, I have noticed that depending on the area I am in, if I only search within a certain radius I have much fewer show up in my search than other places I have lived. With that being said, I think it's unfair to blame CM for false advertising or giving out false statistics. In opening up your search, you will find many more people fall into your search. Literally in choosing within 150 miles in CT I got over 1000 results whereas where I lived on the rez in AZ I got maybe 20. I have also been a paid member for many years but on occasion have stopped paying until I find someone I would like to respond to or contact.
Posts 21 - 30 of 40