Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Apr 27th 2013 new

I think a lot of you are missing the point, I am not refering to people that are active paid up members who choose not to use the site daily or even monthly. But saying not active for three months does nothing. It would be more honorable to say membership not renewed at this time, this way you are not wasting your time waiting for a response. I understand you have a bussiness and want to operate as profitable as possible but shady actions cost you bussiness in the long run. People I talk to are telling every body to stay from the site because of these practices of having people on the site that are unavailable.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: shady actions cost you bussiness in the long run. People I talk to are telling every body to stay ...
(Quote) Fred-907946 said:

shady actions cost you bussiness in the long run. People I talk to are telling every body to stay from the site because of these practices of having people on the site that are unavailable.

--hide--

I just have to speak up for CM here. I don't think they are being shady, at all.

Out of curiosity, do you know of other dating sites that list when someone is not a member, yet still have a profile up, so you don't waste your time? Is this a common practice on all other dating sites, (except here on CM)? I am asking because of the people you are talking about who are telling everybody to stay away from this site because of these practices of having people that are unavailable.

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) James-413805 said: I would suggest that you may want to create custom search based on activity (e.g. within the past...
(Quote) James-413805 said:

I would suggest that you may want to create custom search based on activity (e.g. within the past 14 days). That way you do not spend your time emoting an inactive profile that is potentially 18 months old.

--hide--

I totally agree to this... quite furstrating when men do not respond.

Apr 28th 2013 new

Just a few rambling thoughts on the subject .... I can appreciate that is frustrating when someone does not respond. But good golly, they are not obligated to respond. It is like people are expecting their future spouse to be handed to them on a silver platter for a low monthly fee.

If people are of the view that what takes place on this site is somehow odious to their morality, spend some time on the secular sites. If you don't vomit after 3 minutes because of the crass vulgarity on some of those sites you must have a pretty strong stomach. On a few other religious-based sites, the membership is so inactive that the message boards take one minute to read, and you are lucky to get one person to correspond with you in a year.

I respectfully disagree that the practices on this site are "shady". That is an awful thing to say because some members have set up their profile and made the decision not to renew for a few months, then may decide to renew a few months later. It would be unfair to require someone to re-register and set up their profile all over again after deciding to step away from the site for a few months. People do that when they get a new job or move all the time - they have to adjust their priorities. My profile is a few years old (I have refreshed it since I joined), but if I decide not to renew in a few months then renew again later, am I committing some grievous error? You expect only brand new members actively searching at this time to be allowed to use the site?

Adults usually don't look very good when they are grumpy, impatient and don't demonstrate any perspective. Just my two cents

Apr 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Just a few rambling thoughts on the subject .... I can appreciate that is frustrating when someo...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Just a few rambling thoughts on the subject .... I can appreciate that is frustrating when someone does not respond. But good golly, they are not obligated to respond. It is like people are expecting their future spouse to be handed to them on a silver platter for a low monthly fee.

If people are of the view that what takes place on this site is somehow odious to their morality, spend some time on the secular sites. If you don't vomit after 3 minutes because of the crass vulgarity on some of those sites you must have a pretty strong stomach. On a few other religious-based sites, the membership is so inactive that the message boards take one minute to read, and you are lucky to get one person to correspond with you in a year.

I respectfully disagree that the practices on this site are "shady". That is an awful thing to say because some members have set up their profile and made the decision not to renew for a few months, then may decide to renew a few months later. It would be unfair to require someone to re-register and set up their profile all over again after deciding to step away from the site for a few months. People do that when they get a new job or move all the time - they have to adjust their priorities. My profile is a few years old (I have refreshed it since I joined), but if I decide not to renew in a few months then renew again later, am I committing some grievous error? You expect only brand new members actively searching at this time to be allowed to use the site?

Adults usually don't look very good when they are grumpy, impatient and don't demonstrate any perspective. Just my

--hide--

Oh my goodness, Angela! I think you've been reading my mind! wink Thanks for saying what I would have! biggrin

Apr 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Angela-374523 said: Just a few rambling thoughts on the subject .... I can appreciate that is frustrating when someo...
(Quote) Angela-374523 said:

Adults usually don't look very good when they are grumpy, impatient and don't demonstrate any perspective. Just my

--hide--

Good thoughts to share, Angela! clap Bow

Patience is a virtue!

May 1st 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I did not if you are not on the site everday. If you do not renew your membership and when it expires it should...

I did not if you are not on the site everday. If you do not renew your membership and when it expires it should be removed that day it does make sense to be sending out messages to somebody that cannot receive them. The computer could be programed easily to do this. As long as you are a paid up member you stay on the site regardless rather you use it or not. But if you do not renew you should be removed.

--hide--
Well said! I completely agree!
May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I think a lot of you are missing the point, I am not refering to people that are active paid up me...

I think a lot of you are missing the point, I am not refering to people that are active paid up members who choose not to use the site daily or even monthly. But saying not active for three months does nothing. It would be more honorable to say membership not renewed at this time, this way you are not wasting your time waiting for a response. I understand you have a bussiness and want to operate as profitable as possible but shady actions cost you bussiness in the long run. People I talk to are telling every body to stay from the site because of these practices of having people on the site that are unavailable.

--hide--

Speaking as somebody who is sufficiently disgruntled with site managment that I will not be renewing my membership, I will still have to say that "shady" is probably too strong.

I think the overwhelming vast majority of all pay dating sites allow free memberships in order to let people test the waters and peek around before comitting to paying. It's more of a test drive. To the extent that there is some kind of hook here, it is directed at the people with the free accounts, not the paying ones. They need to pony up cash to talk to anyone.

It might be nice if the paying folks could see who wasn't paying, but I don't think they are being shady.

May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I think a lot of you are missing the point, I am not refering to people that are active paid up me...

--hide--

Have you ever tried any of the secular sites? There is nothing 'shady' going on here. To say that is grossly unfair.

Even paid members are not likely to write you back. Does it make you feel better to know that someone is a paid member and doesn't write you back because they don't like your looks or what they see in your profile?

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-907946 said: I think a lot of you are missing the point, I am not refering to people that are active paid up members who choo...

--hide--
I understand your point Fred. Unfortunately, if you use one wrong word, unintentionally, while attempting to make a point, people only see the one word and not your overall message. I'm sorry. It's human nature. Try again, maybe they will get it. Providing an option to search for paid and/or active members only was a suggestion made.
Posts 31 - 40 of 40