Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Visiting Colorado

Apr 10th 2013 new
Hi all, this is just a feeler. I downloaded an app about Colorado and it seemed a great place to visit. Does anyone out there have any advice/information/comments for a visitor from abroad? Nothing too expensive please! If I can I'd love to visit over the summer, and I'm more interested in the outdoors than say a city stay focused on shopping. Would also like to explore the State rather than stay in one place. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
Apr 10th 2013 new

Hi Les! Great choice. I am a Colorado girl, and only recently moved away. It is a wonderful state and you will have a great time. Boulder is a great place to stay if you want both outdoors and easy access to city stuff and the airport. There are lots of trails you can hike, Pearl street can be fun for dinner and there are usually free events like concerts and festivals on the weekends. If you have a car, the Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs is also a nice, free place to hike or have a picnic.

Two things to keep in mind 1) DRINK LOTS OF WATER - it can get hot and you'll be at a high altitude (even if you stay around Denver) so drink a lot more water than you think you might need. and 2) Be good to yourself - it is a high altitude, especially if you go into the mountains, and if you've never been up around 12,000 to 14,000 feet you can feel sick. So take your time, don't try to do too much hiking or climbing all at once and drink lots of water.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Dinosaur National Monument.

The view from Lookout Mountain (over Denver).

Garden of the Gods. Pikes Peak, if you are a brave driver. Eat bison/buffalo meat.

Colorado Gators Reptile Park.

Great Sand Dunes National Park -- just like being at Dune du Pilat, near Arachon, in France -- except there's no ocean!

Be aware that Colorado is about 1-1/3 as large as all of Great Britain, so the distances may be surprising -- but then, so are the elevations and the sights!

Apr 10th 2013 new
Hi Brianna, lucky you, it seems a great place to come from, thanks for that great advice! I might not have thought about the altitude so that's a really good point.!
Apr 10th 2013 new
(Quote) br>Be aware that Colorado is about 1-1/3 as large as all of Great Brita...
(Quote) br>Be aware that Colorado is about 1-1/3 as large as all of Great Britain, so the distances may be surprising -- but then, so are the elevations and the sights!

--hide--
Oh I know! I love the space you have over there in the US. Sometimes living in the burbs of London you can feel claustrophobic, especially when you love space as I do! Thanks for the ideas on places to visit, sound like fun. And I'm too much of a chicken to drive over peaks!
Apr 10th 2013 new
I understand the southern half has more of a Mexican feel to it?
Apr 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Les-150018 said: And I'm too much of a chicken to drive over peaks!
(Quote) Les-150018 said: And I'm too much of a chicken to drive over peaks!
--hide--
Heaven forbid you should drive "over" Pike's Peak -- it's a dead end road, ending at the summit. wink

Apr 10th 2013 new

Check out the Royal Gorge Bridge.

www.royalgorgebridge.com

Apr 10th 2013 new

Only as regards terrain, perhaps. The desert begins at Colorado Springs, and the land gets bleaker as you travel south. But the Mexican cultural influence doesn't really kick in until you hit Santa Fe, so far as I know. Colorado is more cowboy than Mexican.

Apr 10th 2013 new

Glenwood Springs would be fun to visit plus lots of scenery along the way

Posts 1 - 10 of 23