Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

04/12/2013 new
(Quote) Michael-76823 said: Rocky Mountain National Park is beautiful. As Allen above mentioned, we've had a couple of CM get togethe...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

Rocky Mountain National Park is beautiful. As Allen above mentioned, we've had a couple of CM get togethers out there... we stayed at the YMCA of the Rockies. We met people from all over the world when we stayed there, both volunteering at the YMCA, and travelers. What was nice for the overseas folk is that they could take a shuttle from the airport to Estes Park and/or the YMCA, and from there shuttle buses up into the mountains.

Rocky Mt National Park, Colorado, Rocky Mt Adventure II, Sept 2012

"Rocky Mt National Park, Colorado, Rocky Mt Adventu..."

--hide--
Wonderful pict!
04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Les-150018 said: Thanks Michael! I'm sorry to have missed it. One question, I assume there is accommodation to suit all...
(Quote) Les-150018 said: Thanks Michael! I'm sorry to have missed it. One question, I assume there is accommodation to suit all pockets? The YMCA sounds like a reasonable place to stay, although somewhere mentioned a ranch and I've always wanted to visit one.
--hide--

Hi, Les,
there are two options with the YMCA of the Rockies. One is the main YMCA of the Rockies Estes Park Center, which is where our group has stayed twice. It is in an area that is better suited for hiking, closer to a lot of the better trails. As we were hiking we met some hikers from the Netherlands, who took our group picture, and when I was solo hiking one day I met up with a couple from the U.K. Besides hiking, there are a lot of other activities for all ages right at the place where we stayed, including horseback riding. Prices were a bit over $100 US per night to stay in one of the lodges, which sleep up to 6 people. This was at the end of August; mid-summer would be pricier. Here is a link to there:
www.ymcarockies.org

The YMCA of the Rockies also operates what they call the Snow Mountain Ranch. I haven't visited it, or looked a lot at it. I'm attaching a link to their website as well. It looks to be more geared towards youth, but I would imagine they have activities for all ages.
www.ymcarockies.org

As for an actual, true Western Ranch experience, hopefully someone else can come up with suggestions for that cowboy CowGirl

04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Les-150018 said: Hi all, this is just a feeler. I downloaded an app about Colorado and it seemed a great place to visit. Do...
(Quote) Les-150018 said: Hi all, this is just a feeler. I downloaded an app about Colorado and it seemed a great place to visit. Does anyone out there have any advice/information/comments for a visitor from abroad? Nothing too expensive please! If I can I'd love to visit over the summer, and I'm more interested in the outdoors than say a city stay focused on shopping. Would also like to explore the State rather than stay in one place. Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks!
--hide--

I am the one who warned you about those low down, snake-in-the-grass Texans (we really like them, its just too fun to tease them!)

One of my sons and his family live in CO. They showed me around a few years ago. Like everybody else said, what a beautiful state!

Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge, Estes Park.....you picked a great state to visit. Bring a good camera. Like most states in America, the rural people are conservative and the big city people are liberals. Stay away from the big cities if possible.

Posts 21 - 23 of 23