Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

04/11/2013 new

How horrible , i pray that God sends his Guardian Angels (as many as can be spared at this time) to watch over you day and night and bring you the calm that you so desperately need right now

04/11/2013 new

Prayers offered for safety of self and possessions.

04/11/2013 new

What an experience! I'm sorry that you have to undergo these nervebreaking incident. My prayers go with you and your safety.

Be blessed.

04/11/2013 new

Praying theheart

04/11/2013 new

Hey Richard, I read your post and as a police officer, I can totally relate and perhaps offer you some things to do? Your local police may have already made sugestions but here goes: How is your lighting around the place you live? Do you have a dead-bolt lock system on the doors? And there's always getting a rather large dog, if you can. All of these are deterrents and of course if someone is determined to gain entry, they will. So, you can always go to a hardware store and pick up those small but loud door alarms, that once the door is breached, it makes a loud chirping sound. You also may want to request extra patrol from your precint, never hurts to have a police cruiser just drive into the area from time to time.- of course, I only serve a city of about 100k, and we are able to do those things more frequently. I will pray for your peace of mind, and also for St. Michael to protect you!

04/11/2013 new

Sending you a legion of angels ! Praying

04/11/2013 new

Hi Everyone

A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions .. Just a quick update for now .. Stayed at a friend's last nite ... Came back home at 7am today and everything was OK ... It's funny, when these 2 incidents happened, I wasn't scared or anything .. was determined to keep the guy out on the first day ... and get the guy out on the second day ... (BTW, I don't think they are one and the same) ...Anyway, since it's been over I, well, don't know if I'm a wimp or what, but now I feel on edge a lot and don't really want to go back home ... I had the door secured that he broke but still this whole thing has done a number on my head .. In some ways I am very fortunate (God was watching) to have awoken just in time on 2 occasions ... the guy who got in could have easily done me in a variety of ways while I was sleeping (wasn't that a movie?) ... Anyway, I keep seeing this guy in my mind's eye and it is tough for me to get a handle on it mentally .. Ok,we'll see ...

Again, God bless you all for all your kindness ... Thsi is what CM is all about in the best sense!

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Everyone A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Hi Everyone

A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions .. Just a quick update for now .. Stayed at a friend's last nite ... Came back home at 7am today and everything was OK ... It's funny, when these 2 incidents happened, I wasn't scared or anything .. was determined to keep the guy out on the first day ... and get the guy out on the second day ... (BTW, I don't think they are one and the same) ...Anyway, since it's been over I, well, don't know if I'm a wimp or what, but now I feel on edge a lot and don't really want to go back home ... I had the door secured that he broke but still this whole thing has done a number on my head .. In some ways I am very fortunate (God was watching) to have awoken just in time on 2 occasions ... the guy who got in could have easily done me in a variety of ways while I was sleeping (wasn't that a movie?) ... Anyway, I keep seeing this guy in my mind's eye and it is tough for me to get a handle on it mentally .. Ok,we'll see ...

Again, God bless you all for all your kindness ... Thsi is what CM is all about in the best sense!

--hide--

Hugs Richard. It was a scary thing and once its over is when you actually have time to sit down and think about the what ifs. That is perfectly normal. We always joke that I am rock solid in a crisis then totally fall apart afterwards complete with shaking and anxiety. Know this is normal and it will take a bit to get your bearings back. But, you can and will be okay. Lauren

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that po...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

How frightening and terrible, prayers for your safety going out to St. Michael.
04/11/2013 new

I grew up in Phila, and maybe its time to leave phila.Can t survive in phila.

Posts 81 - 90 of 130