Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

04/11/2013 new

Pray to St. Michael, he's quite a helpful sort.

Suggestion wise, do you know your neighbours? What's the community spirit like there? Neighbours are often a great assist if they see something dodgey.

Sleep with all doors in teh house shut, not only will it give you some protection against smoke in a fire, if you have a few squeaky one you're more likely to wake if someone is trying to get one open.

I find threats, spoken in a firm, non-chalant kinda way scares most off. Like the "you want a knife in the spleen?" comment I said to some idiot trying to get in my window a few weeks back. I had lights on and was sitting right near the window. These people are generally cowards or drunk, so they dont' really want to pick a fight.

I don't have the luxry of easy access to gun ownership in this country, so I can't comment about shotgun effiacy.

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Everyone A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions...
(Quote) Richard-15378 said:

Hi Everyone

A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions .. Just a quick update for now .. Stayed at a friend's last nite ... Came back home at 7am today and everything was OK ... It's funny, when these 2 incidents happened, I wasn't scared or anything .. was determined to keep the guy out on the first day ... and get the guy out on the second day ... (BTW, I don't think they are one and the same) ...Anyway, since it's been over I, well, don't know if I'm a wimp or what, but now I feel on edge a lot and don't really want to go back home ... I had the door secured that he broke but still this whole thing has done a number on my head .. In some ways I am very fortunate (God was watching) to have awoken just in time on 2 occasions ... the guy who got in could have easily done me in a variety of ways while I was sleeping (wasn't that a movie?) ... Anyway, I keep seeing this guy in my mind's eye and it is tough for me to get a handle on it mentally .. Ok,we'll see ...

Again, God bless you all for all your kindness ... Thsi is what CM is all about in the best sense!

--hide--
I would put up some motion sensor lights and solid doors

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

St. Michael prayer for you, Richard. Keep a bible open in your home to Psalm 92 - Security Under God's Protection Praying

04/12/2013 new

Take care Richard. Read Psalm 23. God bless you. Praying Praying Praying

04/12/2013 new

It worked Frank

Just imagining a naked man running after a burglar and yelling!!! I’m still laughing laughing

God Bless You

04/12/2013 new

Lord has already protected you 2 times! angel It’s so scary, if I were you I would have fainted!

But what’s the use of knife, gun or any other weapon, or sleeping close by the door or in friends' houses, while your house's windows and doors are not safe enough? A man who is asleep is not even able to use knife or gun to protect himself.

Install grills on the windows and safety metal doors and strong locks on the doors, and then sleep without any fear in your bedroom. crossfingers

04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I ...

At 5:25 this morning I woke up to find an intruder/burglar in one of my adjacent bedrooms ... I yelled that police were on the way and he ran down the steps and out the basement door that he had broken down to get in the house ,,, The nite before I had a guy trying to break down my front door at 3:15 am ,,, Don't think it was the same guy ... So, this was 2 nites in a row ... Needless to say I have spent all day at the police station and getting my door temporarily secured ,,, But tonite I am tired and on edge ,,,Can this happen 3 nites in a row? I live alone and am almost thinking of sleeping in the basement to guard the doors ... So, just asking for some prayers for calm and also wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with home break-ins?... It was so weird to see this guy 10-15 feet away, ,,, plusc not to be dramatut ic, bthinking he could have done whatever he wanted to me when I was asleep ... So, just hoping you all can send some prayers my way that this is all over...

Thanks & God bless ..

--hide--

Richard,

go to your local butchers and get what resemble leg bones. Then to a Halloween store or gothic store or ebay and get to artificial skulls. Get to decent size plastic tubs and 3 bottles of tomato source. Hook a trip wire on the door connected to extremely loud chainsaw noises combined with a few shrieks. A sound edit grab from Texas chainsaw masacre would do it and if the back door was tried again, I gaurantee it wouldn't happen again. If you have a talented friend that could do a sound edit to includen the words, "I think that's another burglar, quick get him! I'm in the mood for a little fun. A chainsaw revving up at the end of the comment. I think that would do it. The word would spread and where you live would be off limits. Sick but effective!

04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-15378 said: Hi Everyone A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions...

Hi Everyone

A milion thanks to you all for all your comments and support and suggestions .. Just a quick update for now .. Stayed at a friend's last nite ... Came back home at 7am today and everything was OK ... It's funny, when these 2 incidents happened, I wasn't scared or anything .. was determined to keep the guy out on the first day ... and get the guy out on the second day ... (BTW, I don't think they are one and the same) ...Anyway, since it's been over I, well, don't know if I'm a wimp or what, but now I feel on edge a lot and don't really want to go back home ... I had the door secured that he broke but still this whole thing has done a number on my head .. In some ways I am very fortunate (God was watching) to have awoken just in time on 2 occasions ... the guy who got in could have easily done me in a variety of ways while I was sleeping (wasn't that a movie?) ... Anyway, I keep seeing this guy in my mind's eye and it is tough for me to get a handle on it mentally .. Ok,we'll see ...

Again, God bless you all for all your kindness ... Thsi is what CM is all about in the best sense!

--hide--
Richard you may need trauma councilling, this is a common reaction to violation of security. These things are better dealt with before they manifest into major anxiety. God Bless. I have another post with a sinister but non violent response to put your house on a black list with the local cash and carry entities.

04/12/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Or just sleep in the nude and run towards them buck naked. Or better yet, yell out to them that you'...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Or just sleep in the nude and run towards them buck naked. Or better yet, yell out to them that you're GETTING naked and coming after them. They'll be so thrown off they'll bolt. Think about it from there perspective. You're rummaging through some persons things and you see the naked owner running towards you. You're just going to run just because they're naked.
--hide--

Frank! Frank! dis is da modern world. De intruder would think it was a proposal and would carry him off for a gay marriage ceremony!!! I have submitted a creative suggestion on the end area of this thread. I worry about you Frank! I think you might be a relative!!

04/12/2013 new

Prayers for calm of heart and mind. I see lots of advice in the many replies. Holy water is essential, specifically blessed in the extraordinary form. Find a priest to do it for you. St Joseph, protector of the home, pray for us.

Posts 91 - 100 of 130