Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: (Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Quote:
Dawn-58330 said: Honestly, if a man really wants to get my attention he should bypass the emotes and go directly to email. A properly crafted email (not a long one) catches my attention. It says that he is interested enough in me to invest some effort and time in real communication. It is also confident and bold. Sometimes we dance around with emotes and it is all too timid for this often cruel world, right?

Are you talking about messages? I'm not sure how to email on CM. Thank you for the wisdom shared, purveyor of posititivity.

--hide--
Glad to share, Dan. By email, I mean sending a CM message. I don't advise gentlemen to take communication offline until there has been established contact over a bit of time. Women find security in keeping things on CM for a time, and CM encourages that. There is a need to be prudent about it. In fact, a man who pushes too quickly to the phone or offsite email sends up red flags.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Dan, you cutie you - learn the message feature. I'm so tired of "emoting." I'...
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

Dan, you cutie you - learn the message feature. I'm so tired of "emoting." I'm emoted out. I want a real message. I want to know that you - someone - anyone read something in my profile that was worth asking one question about. I don't chat - no patience to chat - when from 8:00 to 11:00 most days I'm working, and even if I am on here, it is to take a little break and check out forums, messages, etc.

I wouldn't even be offended at a "Hey, babee (cajun form of baby). Just something more than, "how are you." "fine, thank you." "how are you."

--hide--

clap
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said: Hi, I agree with the longer note that reflects he read my posting. I attended be Camp Widow -sponsored by s...
(Quote) MaryBeth-902916 said:

Hi, I agree with the longer note that reflects he read my posting. I attended be Camp Widow -sponsored by soaring spirits loss foundation (SSLF.ORG) and the biggest comment on online dating was to ask a question! A smile is nice but what do you talk about- the weather??

The guy I met on CM and am dating now, started off just this way. He mentioned involvement in local organization, I commenred and then he commented on my interest in college backetball and continued on from there !! And I am so new to this dating world as just joined in Nov and widowed 3 years ago.

--hide--

wave Hi MaryBeth. Welcome to this wacky world. hug

What to talk about? That's part of the beauty of being on CM, as opposed to a generic site; we have so much in common! We know the other person is Catholic! We can talk about the Church season, the new pope, our favorite charities, the saints, the call to evangelization, etc. And of course we can make small talk about sports, music, hobbies. But mostly in an email we can cover details and converse.

I prefer emails over chat and emotes. I'm a writer and I look forward to communicating with my man in written form throughout our life together (once he finds me and writes!) The art of letter writing is in danger of being lost. It's up to us online daters to save the love letter!! heartbeat
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: Dan, you cutie you - learn the message feature. I'm so tired of "emoting.&...

Dan, you cutie you - learn the message feature. I'm so tired of "emoting." I'm emoted out. I want a real message. I want to know that you - someone - anyone read something in my profile that was worth asking one question about. I don't chat - no patience to chat - when from 8:00 to 11:00 most days I'm working, and even if I am on here, it is to take a little break and check out forums, messages, etc.

I wouldn't even be offended at a "Hey, babee (cajun form of baby). Just something more than, "how are you." "fine, thank you." "how are you."

--hide--

Ooooh, I'm a cutie. wink Thank you. Yeah, I've thought about messaging but it seems like the emotes have more pazazz, but I'm quickly learning that emotes are not always where it's at and that I should take better care to ask questions and show that I read her profile more than just saying, "I found your profile interesting".

Oh, by the way, you shouldn't encourage me when it comes to doling out the "hey, babees" *l* I know of a woman from cajun country that I'm now going to have to drop a "hey, babee" on her. *l* I do understand though that I should be sincere in my efforts. biggrin Thank you!

Apr 11th 2013 new

You should take every opportunity you get to go after those cajun gals, cher. Trust me on this one.

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Glad to share, Dan. By email, I mean sending a CM message. I don't advise gentlemen to take communicat...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: Glad to share, Dan. By email, I mean sending a CM message. I don't advise gentlemen to take communication offline until there has been established contact over a bit of time. Women find security in keeping things on CM for a time, and CM encourages that. There is a need to be prudent about it. In fact, a man who pushes too quickly to the phone or offsite email sends up red flags.
--hide--

OK, that's what I thought, but wanted to make sure. I would agree that messages are a good way to go and definitely something I will now add to my repartee when contacting women on CM. Thank you for the great advice. Hopefully this will increase responses. smile So far just tumbleweeds (copyright, Alice).

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: You should take every opportunity you get to go after those cajun gals, cher. Trust me on this ...

You should take every opportunity you get to go after those cajun gals, cher. Trust me on this one.

--hide--

It might be more than I can handle. *l* I would love to meet a cajun lady up here in Minnesota, but I thinks they're far and few b/n up here. *l*

Apr 11th 2013 new

Their heritage is built upon being displaced. They travel well.

Apr 11th 2013 new

Dan, I agree with the ladies here. While an emote can be nice, a girl's not quite sure what it was sent for, especially if it wasn't accompanied with any kind of personal message. I've gotten some like that before, sent an emoticon back and then nothing! I also like to receive well-thought out messages that show you liked what you know of me...and not just my picture. Sending a "Yeah baby!" message (as I've seen from the fora is your version of the 10th Doctor's "Allons-y!" [I apologize if you don't get the Doctor Who reference]), would be best suited after the lady has been sending messages back and forth with you for a while. I can imagine it will become quite endearing to a specific lady one day. wink

Just a side note, maybe you should send Tara a "yeah baby!" It seemed like you two were getting close in one past fora convo. laughing

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: he's a stalker! *l*OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are there emotes t...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

he's a stalker! *l*

OK, so, I'm wondering, and in particular, from you ladies, are there emotes that catch your attention more than others? For example, if I "beam a smile" would it be better to say, "say hello"? Or even better yet, would sending a "wink" be seen as too agressive? If I sent a "wink" with the comment, "you're hot.......yeah, baby!" would that be too agressive? *lol* OK, scratch the last question, I was keeding. *l*

The second part is wondering about following up on emotes sent out. So, if I send one out and she looks at my profile and I don't hear anything back, I'm thinking it means she's not interested and leave it alone. Now is it the case that I should send a second in case she's say bashful? I'm thinking not, but then again, I'm open to me being wrong. Just looking for thoughts. Thank you.

--hide--

Hi Dan,

I am with the population that something has to go along with the emote and if you get a return emote, switch to CM message and write something catchy. You seem like you have an imagination so go with it.

Even your "hey baby" is your signature alone. We know it is you!

Eileen
Posts 11 - 20 of 52