Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: This is my boy Ashes. On Ash Wednesday in 1994 on my way to church to receive my ashes, I wa...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

This is my boy Ashes. On Ash Wednesday in 1994 on my way to church to receive my ashes, I walked into a convenience store and found the man behind the counter yelling and kicking this tiny (and I mean tiny) kitten around (too young to be weened). I argued and begged the man for the tiny, scrawny kitten. Refusing to leave until I rescued that poor kitten, I stayed and argued so long I missed the service and didn't receive my ahses. But I came home with the kitty. When I took him to the vet, it turned out Ashes was malnourished and had crushed ribs. The vet said someone stepped on him. The vet also said there was a chance his ribs would not heal properly and might not expand enough to accomodate full grown lungs so he might not live to his first birthday. That was 19 years ago. I can't think of what would have happened to him if I didn't walk into that store. I've had 19 years of unconditional love from this poor and once abused creature. Do you think I can give him up if a man gave me an ultimatum.

My boy Ashes.  His name is Ashes because he found me on Ash Wednesday of 1994.

"My boy Ashes. His name is Ashes because he found ..."

--hide--

Ashes is simply PurrrrrrrrrrrrFect!! Was the guys wife still alive? That's the sort of low life that beat up on women!! I won't use the term MAN because he aint'. I used to see a lot of animal abuse when I worked in a Vet clinic. He looks a little Siamese/Burmese in his picture.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Good point, Roystan!! When local police give crime prevention lectures, they frequently mention the...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Good point, Roystan!! When local police give crime prevention lectures, they frequently mention the best type of alarm system available -- a barking dog.

Maybe Mike can persuade his lady friend that having a dog is for her protection.

--hide--
I would say a safer bet would be to put her on a long chain and take the dog inside. The type she is the intruder would be dead before clearing the fence. It would go like this, "Do you have to wear a mask that color? Couldn't you just simply open the gate? Wipe your shoes before robbing us! Does your mother know you're doing this? Do you realize how high the insurance premiums are going to be???? Burglar calls 911 to come and get him. When the pick him up he's totally deaf and jibbering like a monkey. (This bit's for Frank, my soul brother, Woop! Woop! Woop! Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Scram! Spread out! Fang is coming!!! Amscray! Women and children first!!!!!! Woop! Woop! Woop! We'd say keep the dog Curly! Soitanly Moe!!!! Woop! Woop! Woop! Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Humility and willingness to treat women with respect no matter the circumstance are the ...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Humility and willingness to treat women with respect no matter the circumstance are the priceless traits of a man of God, a gentleman, a good husband and a leader. Not all men are able to accomplish both but, with grace, some do and they are a pearl beyond price.

Ahhh to to be back in the days when the "To all the men" thread was the focus and guys thought it was a a valued trait to speak without insult to women. The days when asking people to speak to each other with respect was not seen as a desire to control. The good old days. *sighs*

--hide--

There is an awful lot of them in the morgue as well. I think a quite discussion about the error of her ways, would be a Christian thing to do. Then throw her out an open window with instructions for flying, "FLAP woman Flap!!!!!! (I am so wicked) Followed by Reconcilliation Saturday morning!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: I can't entirely relate to this situation as I assume based on the facts you gave that...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

I can't entirely relate to this situation as I assume based on the facts you gave that this man has already been married before. Personally a human has more value than any animal no matter how beloved, so in my book 10/10 times I'm going to say her and without having to think about it. She has a soul and can relate to me and be a much better companion than ANY dog ever.

--hide--
Her soul may have been sold years ago to a little company by the name Little Lucifer Firelighters Pty Ltd. Soot-is-faction gauranteed. So for as little as $4.99 and a set of steak Knives! Stop! Send no money now!! Just deposit your soul in the fire place I'll be around later! Hot date guaranteed!! laughing laughing laughing flamed crazy

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It's interesting. I can see where Frank and Josephine are coming from about not becoming a total push ...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: It's interesting. I can see where Frank and Josephine are coming from about not becoming a total push over. But I didn't see John's answer at all that way.

Of course each of us need to love ourselves and our life more than we often do. We ought not become doormats. But our Christian faith demands that if we want to truly experience love we have to put others before ourselves. And the others that we put first are other human beings.

In some ways Mike's question is a question about the sacredness of life of humans. We assign value to others when we put them first, before our own comfort, desires, wants.

Josephine is right, if someone demands that we give up something we love to prove our love, we ought to expect that to be the MO. But like I said, I didn't see the situation that way. Rather, I saw John's willingness to sacrifice for the woman in his life. She's that important to him! (This is Christlike.) The right woman is willing to do the same. We don't see evidence of the woman in Mike's scenario imitating Christ in the same manner.
--hide--

Disagree, Christ would turn to the woman and admonish her for her deceit in the beginning. You have missed one point Fang has her own dog. No mention of Igor receiving her size 16 boot. Next operation would be Little Mikey going to the doctors for neutering!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: It also states a lot about their responsibility. An animal is a committement for their l...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

It also states a lot about their responsibility. An animal is a committement for their life. Too many people get pets when they're cute puppies/kitties whatever, and then as soon as things start getting tough, or they want to travel or get a relationship Fluffy and Fido get flicked to the pound. Is this what being "responsible stewarts" of the earth means? Getting an animal to suit our life and stroke some selfish ego-centric desire until we decide they fit in anymore?

Its a disgusting character flaw.

--hide--
Yay, Naomi! I wonder if there is a place where the pets can dump their owners!!!!

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Con-888377 said: Ashes is simply PurrrrrrrrrrrrFect!! Was the guys wife still alive? That's the sort of low li...
(Quote) Con-888377 said:

Ashes is simply PurrrrrrrrrrrrFect!! Was the guys wife still alive? That's the sort of low life that beat up on women!! I won't use the term MAN because he aint'. I used to see a lot of animal abuse when I worked in a Vet clinic. He looks a little Siamese/Burmese in his picture.

--hide--

Thank you. He is very cute, affectionate and sweet.

That's a good question about his wife. I don't know if she's still alive. He was Muslim so ya never know laughing laughing laughing

Just kidding. Really. That was a BAD joke. Don't want to disparage any group. I live across the street from a Mosque and I can tell you Muslims are kind and compasionate towards animals. Something about believing animal are reincarnated spirits of their dead ancestors- or something like that. I don't think they're big pet people though. So I don't know what got into that man. I did have a difficult time litter box training him though. I think that had something to do with that man's frustration.

Anyway, I don't really know what breed Ashes is. I never asked the vet. He is long, leggy and slender though, unlike his owner . laughing
Apr 12th 2013 new
I say, if they love you, they'll love your animals. I wouldn't expect a man to get rid of his pet for me..but I'm an animal lover. I say it's cover for something else. At least it would be for me. If they are willing to say 'me or the dog' the dog is way too important, you know? If you're going to make someone get rid of their animal to be with you..there's something wrong with that situation. In my opinion.
Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

So yeah, I'd say "Auf Wiedersehn"...not meant to be. But I would never ask a guy to get rid of his pet. That's like saying, "i don't like your kid, could you get rid of him?" I don't know, my pets are like my kids. I don't dress them up..they'd hate me lol but I love them and they are a part of me and look to me for food and shelter. Telling me I have to let them go to be with you..I'd say adios, amigo. lol

Apr 12th 2013 new

Hello,

No brainer if you had the dog before and she want's you to get rid of the dog. Amen pick the dog, find a new girl.

I have a dog would never get rid of her for no man, might be why I am single rolling eyes .
Anyone who does not like my dog probably is not a match for me.

My dog was a little gift from God and Las Vegas.

So, just hang in the God has someone for you that will like you and your dog. wave

Posts 121 - 130 of 166