Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 12th 2013 new

Mike did the right thing. Perhaps not as eloquently as Frank but the right thing nevertheless. For me it would have been a quick decision. Milliseconds, maybe less.

Apr 12th 2013 new

they are important to me!

Apr 12th 2013 new
I love animals but I believe that people come before animals. BUT, having said that I can understand why u would choose the dog in that scenario. The "me or the dog" demand seems to have come out of left field. She said she loved the dog at first and unless something happened with the dog then it's a little deceitful.
Apr 12th 2013 new

Well did she know you had a dog when you met? Is she allergic to dogs, did she have a terrible experience with dogs? If she knew and waited 6 months to give you a choice that is unfair. I think you have to be honest and one of you was not honest. Not good.

Apr 12th 2013 new

Oh...this is easy. It's my dog :) I rescued my dog many years ago and she has been more honest, faithful and good to me in all moods, conditions and circumstances. I cannot say the same for all my friends and even family at times. My dog is my greatest comfort and friend. If someone cared or loved me enough they would make room for the both of us...it's a package deal. What would come next anyway..."I don't like your Mother or this friend....they have to go"...? Just my 2 cents:)

Apr 12th 2013 new

Mike I am sorry you had this experience.

She sounds controlling and maybe a bit of a man hater?

Keep the dog. It shouldve been talked about from the beginning, she was deceiving you. Not Christian or Catholic. rose bulldog Dove

Apr 12th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

Say Goodbye and Volunteer at www.cci.org<
Apr 12th 2013 new
Say Goodbye and Volunteer at www.cci.org< [/quote]
Apr 13th 2013 new

go with the dog... Dog will always love you regardless. It's like the old joke, if you where to throw your wife and your dog in the trunk of a car, leave them in there for a few hours, then open the trunk... guess which one will be happy to see you?

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: (Quote) Beth-896139 said: Hi Beth!!! Good to see you, Friend! Hey, can you/ wil...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: [quote]Beth-896139 said:

Hi Beth!!! Good to see you, Friend! Hey, can you/ will you sing "How Much Is That Doggie In The Window?"

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing

That's a good one, Dawn! I would have to find the words first. The only line I think I know is "How Much is That Doggie in the Window"!! Maybe I will practice a bit before our next get together. Can't promise it will be added to the soundtrack.

Posts 131 - 140 of 166