Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 13th 2013 new
I am an animal lover (my first degree is in Animal Science). My pets are family, my only kid so to speak. I will never give up my family for someone. Also, you said she had a dog. Ask her to give up her dog too and see how she feels. It's like someone else said, she knew you had the dog when she started dating you. That's really rude on her part.
Apr 13th 2013 new

The dog.............keep the dog. the dog will be your best friend for life.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I enjoy animals and love my 2 dogs...they have been a blessing to our marriage and now to me with Ernie gone. I would prefer to be in a relationship with someone who accepts me and my likes/interests...these include my dogs.

Conclusion...dogs stay...person goes. I think someone who cares about me would not ask this of me, unless it was a health issue and then we could work something out.

In your story...I would have an issue with dishonesty and then trust, since the person accepted the animal initially and then a change...not sure what is going on?

Hope this is not a true story and only for conversion purposes.

I didn't take the time to read through all the responses, therefore, don't know if you have given more info....need to get off the net and start house cleaning.

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Ok All of you: I THANK YOU! ALL FOR YOUR POSTING! OK THE BREED IS A (MALE) YELLOW LAB; FACT WE ...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Ok All of you: I THANK YOU! ALL FOR YOUR POSTING! OK THE BREED IS A (MALE) YELLOW LAB; FACT WE WENT TOGETHER; TO GIT THE DOG SHOTS ETC. AND ALSO WE TOOK IT TO (DOGGIE) OBINDENT SCHOOL; (HEY) HE DIDN'T COME IN FIRST PLACE FACT HE CAME IN 5TH PLACE LOL LOL OUT OF ABOUT 18 IN HIS CLASS; SO NOW ITS JUST ME AND THE (YELLOW LAB) HES NOT A FIGHTER HE'S A LOVER. AND I THANK EVERYBODY FOR YOUR REPLIES I DO APPRECIATE THE MIKE PEACE!!

--hide--

Mike, having never grown up with dogs and having been bitten by a german shepherd, I'm not a fan. But I like labs they are friendly dogs my neighbor had one named Elmo. I loved elmo, she didn't put up with crap. If your lady friend didn't like dogs she should have told you in the beginning. Keep looking Mike you'll find someone who has similar interests. biggrin
Apr 13th 2013 new

It's not about the dog. In a month, it will be your guy friends. In a year, it will be you new car. In three, it will be your mother..... I think you get my point. Best of luck who is going through this.

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Maire-854510 said: It's not about the dog. In a month, it will be your guy friends. In a year, it will be you new car. In th...
(Quote) Maire-854510 said:

It's not about the dog. In a month, it will be your guy friends. In a year, it will be you new car. In three, it will be your mother..... I think you get my point. Best of luck who is going through this.

--hide--

Yes, I think we can agree that she's an evil deadbeat. Lol
Apr 13th 2013 new

Mike,

Please be careful. Sometimes it's best to hold off on strong opinions like this prior to knowing all of the facts. Generally, people who ask for ultimatums are folks who are hurting because of some legitimate concern; they don't know how to ask for help, to be loved, or to love. I'm speaking...generally. If you're were going through this, and your response would be, she's an "evel deadbeat," I would understand because of your standards.

Mike, best wishes to you.

Apr 14th 2013 new
I didn't know this post could only receive weak opinions.
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Maire-854510 said: Mike, Please be careful. Sometimes it's best to hold off on strong opinions like this prior to kno...
(Quote) Maire-854510 said:

Mike,

Please be careful. Sometimes it's best to hold off on strong opinions like this prior to knowing all of the facts. Generally, people who ask for ultimatums are folks who are hurting because of some legitimate concern; they don't know how to ask for help, to be loved, or to love. I'm speaking...generally. If you're were going through this, and your response would be, she's an "evel deadbeat," I would understand because of your standards.

Mike, best wishes to you.

--hide--

Hi Maire,

So you'd like me to back up my comments? Have you asked the other people who agree with me to back up theirs? Actually the people who have agreed that this woman is a controlling and demanding unfair person who's selfish and gives ultimatums I think backs them up enough. Or did you not read this whole thread. Hope that helps. Take care now.
Apr 14th 2013 new
I believe that owning a pet is part of who you are, the total package! I think she may have been looking for a way to get out of the relationship?
Posts 141 - 150 of 166