Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

I would break up with her and give her the dog as a going away present. She will come to love the dog and you'll get them both back.
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Monica-730858 said: I would break up with her and give her the dog as a going away present. She will come to love the dog and...
(Quote) Monica-730858 said:

I would break up with her and give her the dog as a going away present. She will come to love the dog and you'll get them both back.
--hide--

The only gift she gets is the door not hitting her on the way out. clap
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: The only gift she gets is the door not hitting her on the way out.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

The only gift she gets is the door not hitting her on the way out.
--hide--

I can't believe this but I think I'm going to agree with you on that one. I find it really sad that someone would pretend to be someone they are not and then do a complete 180. Super deceitful. I'd run screaming into the night because I would bet it wouldn't stop there
Apr 14th 2013 new
[quote]Monica-730858 said:

I can't believe this but I think I'm going to agree with you on that one. I find it really sad that someone would pretend to be someone they are not and then do a complete 180. Super deceitful. I'd run screaming into the night because I would bet it wouldn't stop there [/quot

Anyone who's not a doormat will agree. End of story.
Apr 14th 2013 new

Keep the dog, say good bye to the woman.

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Joan-529855 said: Keep the dog, say good bye to the woman.
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

Keep the dog, say good bye to the woman.

--hide--

Let's all join the fight against the incredibly selfish and deceitful. bulldog knight-errant
Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Hi Maire, So you'd like me to back up my comments? Have you asked the other people w...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Hi Maire,

So you'd like me to back up my comments? Have you asked the other people who agree with me to back up theirs? Actually the people who have agreed that this woman is a controlling and demanding unfair person who's selfish and gives ultimatums I think backs them up enough. Or did you not read this whole thread. Hope that helps. Take care now.
--hide--

Frank,
This is what I am hearing from you.

1) When person A gives ultimatums to his or her significant other, person A is controlling, selfish, evil, a waste of time, and a good-for-nothing...

2) When person A is confronted with an ultimatum by significant other, person A feels disrespected, dishonored, and the recipient of unhealthy behavior by significant other.

I would add the following five points to our conversation.

1) People who are controlling most likely learned this type of behavior from an overbearing family member (parent/older sibling).

2) Communication skills are learned.

3) The manners in which people handle their frustrations are learned from parents and from childhood settings.

4) We live in a "throw away" society -abortion, euthanize humans, and "don't want the dog/cat anymore because something better is in my life."

5) A conscience is developed from life experiences, education, parenting, personal choices, free will.

Frank, I will reiterate my earlier points and offer some solutions.

1) Your name calling (She's a You-know-what", "evil deadbeat"...) is not Christ-like. Don't do it.

2) Some of your words are self-tarnishing. Don't do it.

3) Your approach on this thread is counterproductive to what you're trying to achieve. Don't do it.

4) I invite you to rethink. Gather all of the facts prior to your opinions. Do it!

5) Pray for those who are involved. Do it! Prayer is far more powerful than a punch, a bite, or a loud bark. Pray -just do it!

6) When the Holy Eucharist touches your tongue, think of Mike's thread, and let silence be your offertory speech, not a harsh word. Do it!

7) Once again, be careful with your word choice. :) Do it!

8) I still think you're a funny, young lad. Some times you make me laugh. Keep doing it!

In regards to Mike's questions, we know what you would do. :)

Frank, if you wish to continue with this topic, we can talk over a beer (my treat). I'll be in the Chicago area in three weeks. I extend an olive branch to you. If you except -great. If not, add it to your fire. I'll bring marshmallows! :)

Best wishes,

Maire -playground supervisor ;)

Apr 15th 2013 new

Ok! So I was put in a similar position a couple of years ago, only with me it was my 2 kitties. The person I was "dating" at the time WAS from here on CatholicMatch, but was not what he professed to be. Apparently he was "tolerant" of my feline companions until the relationship got to a certain point. Then he basically gave me an ultimatum...if we were to be together I had to let the cats go. Umm...ya...I don't THINK so!! They are my family members as much as my own children and grandchildren! They helped me through a very rough time when my husband passed away. They are my companions for life. If anyone needs to go, it is YOU! And so it was! I will NEVER let anyone dictate to me that My animal companions need to "go". Not happening. If the person who dictates this to you or anyone, they are NOT God's choice for you! Trust in Him and He will provide the correct person...who will love all aspects of you, including your 4-legged family members!

Blessings!! Kim

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

Yep, I'd chose the dog, Mike ... I did one time ... the guy was a real jerk, and Katie, the dog, would growl at him when he'd come to pick me up to take me out ... Katie was very perceptive of that jerk's temperament and characteristics! I listened to her and dumped him!

heart

Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Yep, I'd chose the dog, Mike ... I did one time ... the guy was a real jerk, and Katie, the dog,...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Yep, I'd chose the dog, Mike ... I did one time ... the guy was a real jerk, and Katie, the dog, would growl at him when he'd come to pick me up to take me out ... Katie was very perceptive of that jerk's temperament and characteristics! I listened to her and dumped him!

--hide--

The jerk store called. They were running out of MaryAlice's ex-boyfriend.
Posts 151 - 160 of 166