Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/11/2013 new

1. Marriage is ALL ABOUT "putting up with" another person and his quirks.

2. Marriage is ALL ABOUT having respect...for the other person, and putting your own ego on the back burner.

04/11/2013 new
She's probably a demon or something. Who would turn on someone like that?
04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Mike -- I posted comments to Pat's list. One thing I would ask is if you are paying more...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Mike -- I posted comments to Pat's list.

One thing I would ask is if you are paying more attention to the dog than you are to your lady friend? Doubt that is the case, but it does happen. Also, is your dog a Rottweiler, pit bull, or German Shepherd or one who snarls and growls when she's around? Dogs that are regarded as inherently viscious can be scary. Or....it could be that your dog is a keen judge of character and is trying to tell you something.

She's put you in an awkward spot, and it sounds as if she isn't willing to sit down and see what compromises can be made. You might be seeing a red flag over this.

Hopefully you two can work this out. The dog might be traumatized if it goes to a different home -- another thing to consider.

--hide--

If the dog is unhappy in her presence one should pay attention. Our big lug Saxon - a rottweiler mastif mix never ever barked, he talked all the time, but in his entire fourteen years he barked maybe three times and growled only about three times. All for very good reason. Of course with a little barker it might be difficult to tell . . .

04/11/2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

Getting rid of a dog would be a major change in my life. I would discern if she's the one, but if she's asking me to make a decisions NOW, then the answer is no. It will always be no if someone is asking me to rush my discernment.

04/11/2013 new
Mike This raises so many issues, but it seems to me that if dogs are a "deal breaker" to her then it should have been known up front. If its allergies shots are available. If there was a bad experience with the dog, then as with anyone else, the dog needs to be looked into. Seems like a lest then upfront way to back out. I agree with so much of the earlier posts
04/11/2013 new

If the person is "the one" they wouldn't dare think to ask such a question.

If someone gave me an ultimatium, them or my cat. Cat wins. Dont' let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

04/11/2013 new
[quote]Jon-810848 said:

Getting rid of a dog would be a major change in my life. I would discern if she's the one, but if she's asking me to make a decisions NOW, then the answer is no. It will always be no if someone is asking me to rush my discernment.

04/11/2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: (Quote) Jon-810848 said: Getting rid of a dog would be a major change in my life....
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: [quote]Jon-810848 said:

--hide--

But she knew he had a dog. What's there to discern? To the curb with her!
04/11/2013 new
Or maybe the woman just want to have a break from you by bringing this issue?? I assume she is totally understands that you cares for your dog.. She might just want to leave you by giving impression that you choose your dog over her.. It's really sad.. She puts the blame on you and use your dog to make the rational.. Mm
04/11/2013 new

If they asked that specific question me or the dog than they go to the curb and the dog stays.

If they approach it differently than we can have a discussion but the dog has unconditional love so it is going to be a tough discussion.

Posts 51 - 60 of 166