Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:A man who offers no insult to the lady, whether or not he thinks she was at fault is a true gentleman and s...
(Quote) Bernadette-874299 said:

A man who offers no insult to the lady, whether or not he thinks she was at fault is a true gentleman and soldier of Christ, and his actions will be rewarded in the future. We need more gents like that in this world.

--hide--

This is true, Bernadette. A gentleman behaves as he does not because of how others have behaved toward him, but because of who he wants to be. We do need more men like this!Praying
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hello Everybody: Ok What wpuld you do If? Lets say your in a Nice (beautiful) Relationship (oh say 6 months or more) And everything is goin just Dandy; (everything is clicking) Then all of a sudden! Lets say he has a Dog (lovess the Dog) and she does too; oh yeah his kids are all grown; But its just him and the Dog; And durin a conversation she says (to him) you know "i love your dog" But however i'am not quite comfortable with the dog; (around) so he say's what are you saying? She say's to him "its either ME or the DOG"? What would you do; Ok my answer would be to her is: Ok Let me think about this; let me sleep on it and we will talk about it tomorrow; then the next day; She asks the same question? Well what did you decide? its either ME or the DOG? I would say you know what? (sorry) But i choose the dog! So how aboutit? What would you do/ choose? (think about it)!! Mike "Peace"!!

--hide--

How about loving someone unconditionally and accepting their pet if you love them?

IMHO It's easy for non pet lovers to say they would give up their pet for someone else. But how about not putting the one you supposedly love in such a position. I've always had pets and am also allergic to pretty much all animals. There are remedies for allergies. Pets are part of the family and it's heartbreaking to expect someone else to give up a pet unless their is an extreme circumstance (such as giving up a vicious dog if you're expecting a baby). Don't you think that ultimatum will cause a wedge and resentment in the relationship? Ultimatums are not really the way to go, unless there is an exceptional reason.

If a pet is there at the beginning of the relationship, the pet should stay until it lives out it's life. It's not that much of a sacrifice if you love a person who owns a pet. Future pets would have to be negotiated or not.

I find it very telling of a person's personality if they need to have their partner "prove" their love by giving up their beloved pet. What else will they ask for in a relationship or marriage to prove their love. I actually would rethink a relationship with anyone who gave me that ultimatum for fear it would be a lifetime of giving in to them.

IMHO
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Uh oh people I'm getting stopped by the harsh comment police! Lol. You're controlling de...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Uh oh people I'm getting stopped by the harsh comment police! Lol. You're controlling demeanor in how people respond on here is much like the controlling displayed by Mike's girlfriend. Good day harsh comment police officer and lighten up! Lol. Geez!
--hide--

Humility and willingness to treat women with respect no matter the circumstance are the priceless traits of a man of God, a gentleman, a good husband and a leader. Not all men are able to accomplish both but, with grace, some do and they are a pearl beyond price.

Ahhh to to be back in the days when the "To all the men" thread was the focus and guys thought it was a a valued trait to speak without insult to women. The days when asking people to speak to each other with respect was not seen as a desire to control. The good old days. *sighs*

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: How about loving someone unconditionally and accepting their pet if you love them? IMH...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

How about loving someone unconditionally and accepting their pet if you love them?

IMHO It's easy for non pet lovers to say they would give up their pet for someone else. But how about not putting the one you supposedly love in such a position. I've always had pets and am also allergic to pretty much all animals. There are remedies for allergies. Pets are part of the family and it's heartbreaking to expect someone else to give up a pet unless their is an extreme circumstance (such as giving up a vicious dog if you're expecting a baby). Don't you think that ultimatum will cause a wedge and resentment in the relationship? Ultimatums are not really the way to go, unless there is an exceptional reason.

If a pet is there at the beginning of the relationship, the pet should stay until it lives out it's life. It's not that much of a sacrifice if you love a person who owns a pet. Future pets would have to be negotiated or not.

I find it very telling of a person's personality if they need to have their partner "prove" their love by giving up their beloved pet. What else will they ask for in a relationship or marriage to prove their love. I actually would rethink a relationship with anyone who gave me that ultimatum for fear it would be a lifetime of giving in to them.

IMHO
--hide--

Now that's a thumbs up. Totally consistent with my original thoughts.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Humility and willingness to treat women with respect no matter the circumstance are the pricele...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Humility and willingness to treat women with respect no matter the circumstance are the priceless traits of a man of God, a gentleman, a good husband and a leader. Not all men are able to accomplish both but, with grace, some do and they are a pearl beyond price.

Ahhh to to be back in the days when the "To all the men" thread was the focus and guys thought it was a a valued trait to speak without insult to women. The days when asking people to speak to each other with respect was not seen as a desire to control. The good old days. *sighs*

--hide--

Oh for crying out loud.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Pat, She shouldn't have dated him to begin with. She should've thought about that ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Pat,

She shouldn't have dated him to begin with. She should've thought about that before they started dating UNLESS she's developed some sort of pet allergy as of recent that's coincidental. But I'm not reading that in Mike's post.
--hide--

There are both mediactions and natural safe remedies to fight pet allergies. I take natural remedies.
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: If a pet is there at the beginning of the relationship, the pet should stay until it lives o...

--hide--

It also states a lot about their responsibility. An animal is a committement for their life. Too many people get pets when they're cute puppies/kitties whatever, and then as soon as things start getting tough, or they want to travel or get a relationship Fluffy and Fido get flicked to the pound. Is this what being "responsible stewarts" of the earth means? Getting an animal to suit our life and stroke some selfish ego-centric desire until we decide they fit in anymore?

Its a disgusting character flaw.

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) John-324285 said: I can't entirely relate to this situation as I assume based on the facts you gave that this man has ...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

I can't entirely relate to this situation as I assume based on the facts you gave that this man has already been married before. Personally a human has more value than any animal no matter how beloved, so in my book 10/10 times I'm going to say her and without having to think about it. She has a soul and can relate to me and be a much better companion than ANY dog ever.

--hide--

John, if a woman demands you prove your love for her by giving up your beloved pet, be prepared to give in to her for the rest of your life.

Thank you Mike. You just gave me the idea for my newest interview question.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: John, if a woman demands you prove your love for her by giving up your beloved pet, be prepared to giv...

John, if a woman demands you prove your love for her by giving up your beloved pet, be prepared to give in to her for the rest of your life.

Thank you Mike. You just gave me the idea for my newest interview question.
--hide--

Precisely. Don't be a doormat John. Come on, love yourself more than that.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Been there, done that. Sort of. My late husband was the kind of man that animals go crazy over, and he had a
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Been there, done that. Sort of. My late husband was the kind of man that animals go crazy over, and he had a [vicious] dog he adored. I'm not big on animals to begin with, but being the loving wife, I accepted the situation. The dog was allowed everywhere except our bedroom (that was the only line I drew).

Living with this dog for eight years was dreadful. When it died, he was very broken up. I wondered whether he would cry as much if I died.

Consequently, if I met a man today who was a real animal lover...I'd have to think it over very carefully, and there would have to be some accommodation on his part.

--hide--

Sounds more than fair Marge. "Accomodations" is the operative word. I see you were a good wife to accept your husband's dog even though you were not happy about it. Think of the resentment he would have felt if you didn't.
Posts 71 - 80 of 166