Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Apr 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Dear Rehunda Thanks for your kind and helpful answer I was not looking for a smoker...
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said:

Dear Rehunda

Thanks for your kind and helpful answer

I was not looking for a smoker or former smoker to answer! But “people with smoking experiences”, it means smokers, former smokers and people whose friends and family members were smokers and stopped smoking. How did they stop?

A non-smoker like you, who had that experience with her mother and grandmother, is able to help.

I’m curious to know what prayer your mother used to say to quit smoking.

Would you please share it with others?

--hide--

I haven't read through all the replies, but I know a co-worker that quit smoking after several sessions with a hypnotist.

I didn't think that it would be possible since I always believed that smoking was physically addictive...but it turned out that it was a mental problem.

Apr 23rd 2013 new

biggrinsmile Hi Bahar:

That is great...just believe and trust in God's help...you have done it and can continue to. rose Will keep you in my prayers. rosary

Apr 23rd 2013 new
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Update Second day smoke free. And I don't have any temptation. I don't t...

Update

Second day smoke free.

And I don't have any temptation. I don't think about Cigarettes. I have got E-Cigs, but I don't like them too.

But I feel sad and tense.Don't know why!

I say prayers you taught me and I think of you and your stories and the way you stopped it. Thanks my dearest friends, pray for me

--hide--

You go girl, yes you can do this. Keep praying and keep us updated. You have the right mindset you'll do well. We'll keep you in our prayers, stay strong and positive. smile
Apr 24th 2013 new
I was gonna ask you how things were going girl! Good for you! I will keep you n my prayers, as I have been. I am going to try myself. I am in the proper mindset. I will feel sad like you, I love to smoke. It's a part of my routine. And a good friend...that's killin me! Tense..... I just hope I don't bite someone head off! Haha. We can do it together, with God. & the support of our CM friends, Amen! Talk soon. Don't be hard on yourself! Xo
Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Judy-954598 said: I've smoked casually for over 20 years (1 pack a week). Now I tell myself I'm in control, ...
(Quote) Judy-954598 said:

I've smoked casually for over 20 years (1 pack a week). Now I tell myself I'm in control, I'm making a choice but more importantly- I'm worth it. I realised I smoked to punish myself and because I didn't feel worthy. For me it was finding the reason. I don't even really "crave" it, except when I have a few beers. So now I know to just have 1 beer if at all. I've found wine to be tasty.
Good Luck

--hide--

Judy, everybody has a reason for smoking, better not to think about that reason. I drink beer every 2 weeks (it’s myself-party; I make popcorn, fresh fruits tray, cold beer, and I watch a Ghost Horror Movie- my favorite genre!). In myself-party I used to smoke too but from now on I’ll smoke e-cig with beer, or I might not, but I don’t want to put myself under too much pressure by saying: No You Won’t! lovestruck!

Apr 24th 2013 new

Thomas-Yes it is the toughest part. I hope that I never think to try one; I know what it's like. I was always ashamed of cigarette smell. Praying

Ronald-I have heard about hypnotize therapy but the hypnotist must be so professional and It’s a very expensive progress. The problem is both physical (nicotine addiction) and mental (the habit to keep a cigarette in your hand).

Donna-You have already helped me by that prayer: "Lord, remind me that nothing is going to happen to me today, that You and I together can't handle." I can’t believe how powerful this prayer is! I have a Christ Statue in my bedroom and a Picture in my kitchen, whenever I say this prayer and I look at His Face, I see that Lord smiles at me and I smile back! angel

Mary dear thanks for prayers, almost 4th day, no smoking, no temptation. It was not possible without your prayers and supports. I mean it. theheart

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-924030 said: I was gonna ask you how things were going girl! Good for you! I will keep you n my prayers, as I have b...
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: I was gonna ask you how things were going girl! Good for you! I will keep you n my prayers, as I have been. I am going to try myself. I am in the proper mindset. I will feel sad like you, I love to smoke. It's a part of my routine. And a good friend...that's killin me! Tense..... I just hope I don't bite someone head off! Haha. We can do it together, with God. & the support of our CM friends, Amen! Talk soon. Don't be hard on yourself! Xo
--hide--

Denise, for 15 years every morning I used to wake up, drink coffee and smoke one cigarette, but last 3 days I woke up and I was only thinking of coffee; cigarette was not on my mind anymore! But still sometimes in the afternoon I wanted to keep a cigarette in my hand (Habit- but I don’t want a real cigarette, so the e-cigs are there for emergency situations when I feel so sad and helpless. First 2 days I smoked them 3-4 times a day but since yesterday I’m not interested in them too. Denise, habit is gone! Still I can’t say I have stopped smoking, its 4th day. But I know, this time I will do it.

Denise do you know why I bought E-cigs? Because I was so scared of quitting smoking; I was scared of myself too, I didn’t know what was going to happen. If I liked to smoke again, I would get mad without cigarettes. When e-cigs were with me, although I was not smoking them but I was feeling that everything is ok. They worked.

I loved to smoke too, still I love it but for thousands of reasons I hate smoking too!

Join me, I’m a good friend. hug We can do it together, with God, prayers & the support of our CM friends; I hope other CM smokers join us too. Amen!

rosary Praying

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:I haven't read through all the replies, but I know a co-worker that quit smoking after sever...
(Quote) Ronald-937125 said:

I haven't read through all the replies, but I know a co-worker that quit smoking after several sessions with a hypnotist.

I didn't think that it would be possible since I always believed that smoking was physically addictive...but it turned out that it was a mental problem.

--hide--

Update

Ronald, seems you are right. Addiction to cigarette is more mentally than physically! I had ordered e-cigs with 18% nicotine, but today the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal appeared ;dryness of the throat, shaking hands, alternate periods of extreme chilling and sweating, my body is shaking and my heart is beating too fast!

I checked the e-cig package: It is 0% nicotine! a mistake that the website has made! For four days I was thinking that I'm getting enough nicotine, but now I see that I have quited nicotine too! It's a miracle. My body had accepted the e-cigs even with no nicotine, only because I was thinking they contain 18% nicotine!

BS: I was not feeling well today and my heart was beating too fast, so my doctor gave me a patch of nicotine. Today was the worst day. Praying

Apr 25th 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Update Ronald, seems you are right. Addiction to cigarette is more mentally than ...

Update

Ronald, seems you are right. Addiction to cigarette is more mentally than physically! I had ordered e-cigs with 18% nicotine, but today the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal appeared ;dryness of the throat, shaking hands, alternate periods of extreme chilling and sweating, my body is shaking and my heart is beating too fast!

I checked the e-cig package: It is 0% nicotine! a mistake that the website has made! For four days I was thinking that I'm getting enough nicotine, but now I see that I have quited nicotine too! It's a miracle. My body had accepted the e-cigs even with no nicotine, only because I was thinking they contain 18% nicotine!

BS: I was not feeling well today and my heart was beating too fast, so my doctor gave me a patch of nicotine. Today was the worst day.

--hide--

After three days without nicotine the physical withdrawal symptoms have largely subsided, and they are completely gone within two weeks. I am not aware of a rapid heartbeat being a symptom of nicotine withdrawal, so I question why your doctor gave you the patch. Trust me on the website I mentioned earlier. It proved an invaluable resource to me when I quit cold turkey. Now when around people who smoke I have virtually no desire to join them. Continued best wishes to you in your efforts to quit.

Apr 26th 2013 new

(Quote) Patrick-872788 said: (Quote) Bahar-937890 said: Update Ronald, seems you are ...
(Quote) Patrick-872788 said:

Quote:
Bahar-937890 said:

Update

BS: I was not feeling well today and my heart was beating too fast, so my doctor gave me a patch of nicotine. Today was the worst day.

After three days without nicotine the physical withdrawal symptoms have largely subsided, and they are completely gone within two weeks. I am not aware of a rapid heartbeat being a symptom of nicotine withdrawal, so I question why your doctor gave you the patch. Trust me on the website I mentioned earlier. It proved an invaluable resource to me when I quit cold turkey. Now when around people who smoke I have virtually no desire to join them. Continued best wishes to you in your efforts to quit.

--hide--

Update

Today the physical nicotine withdrawal symptoms were less, but mental temptation was more. I was so angry, short tempered and scared. Even now as I'm writting this update, still a voice inside my head is asking me: "What is your reason for quitting smoking? For what? For whom?!!!". Fighting with physical symptoms was much easier than fighting with mental temptations!

Pat I used to smoke 5-10 Cigarettes a day. Doctor said that my skin color was too reddish last night and my heart was beating 110 times a minute, so he said that I should not stop nicotine suddenly, for my body has got used to it for 15 years. I have no idea about it. I didn't use it today.

Thomas-You were right; "Somewhere down the road you may even think, 'Oh, I'll just try one...!" Today I thought about it! It was not me, since I don’t like to smoke again, something inside my head said it! But I said prayers.

Posts 41 - 50 of 56