Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Why are you retired?

Apr 11th 2013 new

And, for how long? scratchchin

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: And, for how long?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

And, for how long?

--hide--

Ohhh Marge, I wish lol. I joke all the time that I'll finish this dissertation in time to retire :-). Not quite but close lol. If I won a lottery or had a bit more stashed away I would in a heartbeat, there are so many things I want to do that always have to wait a bit, because they aren't priorities for the here and now :-(

Apr 11th 2013 new
I wish. Technically, IF my state doesn't drastically change retirement eligibility, I have 4 more years, BUT could not afford to live on that so .... Who knows when.
Apr 11th 2013 new
I always look longingly at those who are retired and compare their age to mine. Often they are younger, sometimes they're my age. Those who are older than me are almost always retired. I never really thought much about it until my late husband died a year ago. Now I think about it a lot. Ironically we talked about it occassionally and looked forward to the pleasure of spending that time together. But of course that can't be now. My first concern when he died was whether I could afford to support myself. During this past year I have determined that I can. I guess the next step will be to determine if and when retirement can happen. So I guess what I am saying is that right now, I don't have a concrete date. Being a teacher, I think having the summer to look forward to helps until then, however.
Apr 11th 2013 new

I am re-tired because I got up this morning -- refreshed-- and had to go to work at a CPA office (ummmm tax time!) Now I am home and re-tired all over again..... laughing laughing I know this is not what you meant but my brain is fried and just wanted to make someone--- anyone---- laugh. Lord knows I could use one! So tonight I will retire to my bed and tomorrow, about this time, I will re-tire once again.

Thanks for putting up with my sillyness................... wave

Apr 11th 2013 new

laughing laughing
I needed that.

Apr 11th 2013 new

I started this because I've been surprised at how many profiles I'm seeing of men ages 52-57 who are retired.

Apr 12th 2013 new

When I moved to California, I guess I retired because I don't have a job! I am also retirement age. Before I moved here I worked at a job that was considered temporary/part-time/seasonal. I enjoyed being busy when we had a project to work on. And I tend to waste time when I don't have a set schedule of a job that I need to get to. I came out here thinking I would help out in my son's business but that hasn't been worked out yet. My daughter-in-law said she wanted me "to enjoy retirement." And now she's asking when I will come into the office to help! Soon.....I like to keep busy!!!

Apr 12th 2013 new

I will re-tire to my bed very soon but I do not think retiring from my job will happen for years. I wondered the question you asked also.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I started this because I've been surprised at how many profiles I'm seeing of men ages 52...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

I started this because I've been surprised at how many profiles I'm seeing of men ages 52-57 who are retired.

--hide--

Marge, I think it is another word for unemployed.

Posts 1 - 10 of 44