Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You must sign in before expressing interest in this event.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Apr 27th 2013 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: For me personally....I don't look to retire. I will work at something in some way, shape, fas...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

For me personally....I don't look to retire. I will work at something in some way, shape, fashion or form for as long as I'm healthy and productive.
Having said that, I will at some point I will not work nearly as much and will take off to do more of the things I enjoy. But work is enjoyable to me too.

--hide--
For those of us who are blessed with doing something we love it does not seem like work and to be able to set our own schedule and time frame, even better. When single, staying busy equals happy biggrin

Apr 29th 2013 new

Growing up on a farm there was no "retirement". I can't really wrap my head around the idea of "retirement". I am a school teacher and hope to one day leave the classroom, but I don't think I will ever be "retired". I love being productive, whether it be teaching students how to be life long learners, or refinishing furniture to sell or managing my investment properties. "Retirement" doesn't really exist in my vocabulary. I would like to tour the country in a motor home for a couple of months but I don't consider that retiring. I will always "work", whether I am paid for it or not doesn't matter as much as keeping my mind sharp and my body active.

Apr 29th 2013 new

(Quote) Ann-307059 said: For those of us who are blessed with doing something we love it does not seem like work and to be a...
(Quote) Ann-307059 said:

For those of us who are blessed with doing something we love it does not seem like work and to be able to set our own schedule and time frame, even better. When single, staying busy equals happy

--hide--
That's very true Ann. I generally only work 4 days a week. However, I have been known to put in 12 hr days M-Th. Sometimes when work dictates...I will go in on a Friday. sad

Apr 29th 2013 new

I took an Early Out from the Postal Service; My wife and I planned on doing a bunch of traveling etc etc but she died from cancer about 1 year after I retired.

Apr 29th 2013 new
Fred, Sorry you lost you wife. Before I retire, I hope to write my autobiography...I wrote a bit yesterday but it might take me until I retire before it gets finished and published.
May 1st 2013 new

I've been retired for almost 2 years, but have kept busy with various volunteer activities in the church and in the community. There are so many things I'd still like to do, to try, to experience.
I've just returned from my first CM get-together. I certainly would recommend this to everyone!

Retirement is a time to experience life at a different pace(you have more control over the clock!)

Of course, if I had know retirement was this good, I would have retired at 25 and gone back to work at 50! laughing laughing

May 1st 2013 new

Thanks Donna, that did make me laugh. biggrin

May 6th 2013 new
Marge I have also noticed the same. Why be retired so young at the most profitable time in your career. That is why I view persons with this in their profile with caution
May 6th 2013 new

I'm retired because my job was eliminated 5 years ago by the company I was working for! I had worked for them for almost 16 years and had hoped to work until I was 70. The "see ya package" was quite good so I had lots of time to figure out what to do with the rest of my life biggrin The transition from workaholic to lady of leisure(?) was rough at first but turned out they did me a favor by forcing me to stop and smell the roses!

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: And, for how long?
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

And, for how long?

--hide--
I retired a couple of years ago. Why? I didn't want to work anymore. I reached my goals years ago and I found no pleasure in my work. If I find a good reason to get back in there again I might. But I don't see any chance for that to happen on the horizon. I have way too much freedom as it is right now.

Posts 31 - 40 of 44