Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

There are so few times that I can find to support our president, I just wanted to get this out so that no one misses it.

This morning (4/11/13), President Obama awarded the posthumous medal of honor to Fr. Emil Kapaun, Catholic priest and U.S. Army chaplain for his extraordinary and heroic service during the Korean War. Fr. Kapaun did not make it back home. After being taken prisoner, he later died in captivity.

The video(below) is of the entire White House ceremony this morning. I was happy to see that the entire ceremony was covered live on both CNN and FOX. The story of Fr. Kapuan, his life, his inspiration to fellow soldiers and POWs, and his eventual death by the prison guards is quite impressive and moving.

I recommend that you watch/listen to the story of Fr. Kapuan, as delivered by President Obama. It was nice to hear him have so many good things to say about a Cathoic priest and U.S. Army chaplain. The president even mentioned, among many other heroic deeds, how Fr. Kapuan would say the Rosary with the prisoners, deliver the sacraments and preside over Mass in the prison camp... providing great inspiration, comfort and encouragement to the other prisoners. As Fr. Kapuan finally was being led away (by the guards) to his death, he blessed the guards saying... "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

See the video >>>> www.youtube.com

Ed

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: There are so few times that I can find to support our president, I just wanted to get this out so tha...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

There are so few times that I can find to support our president, I just wanted to get this out so that no one misses it.

This morning (4/11/13), President Obama awarded the posthumous medal of honor to Fr. Emil Kapaun, Catholic priest and U.S. Army chaplain for his extraordinary and heroic service during the Korean War. Fr. Kapaun did not make it back home. After being taken prisoner, he later died in captivity.

The video(below) is of the entire White House ceremony this morning. I was happy to see that the entire ceremony was covered live on both CNN and FOX. The story of Fr. Kapuan, his life, his inspiration to fellow soldiers and POWs, and his eventual death by the prison guards is quite impressive and moving.

I recommend that you watch/listen to the story of Fr. Kapuan, as delivered by President Obama. It was nice to hear him have so many good things to say about a Cathoic priest and U.S. Army chaplain. The president even mentioned, among many other heroic deeds, how Fr. Kapuan would say the Rosary with the prisoners, deliver the sacraments and preside over Mass in the prison camp... providing great inspiration, comfort and encouragement to the other prisoners. As Fr. Kapuan finally was being led away (by the guards) to his death, he blessed the guards saying... "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

Ed

--hide--

Over 2 hours have gone by and no responses to this great post......unbelievable.

Thanks, Ed, for the topic and the video. Fr. Kapaun...a great hero and possibly a saint. I believe there is a movie coming out about him in Dec. This video has been sent to friends and family.

Apr 11th 2013 new

Thank you Ed. We need to know this.

Apr 11th 2013 new

Great story and news; did hear of Father Kapaun in my reading of some Korean War histories

Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said: There are so few times that I can find to support our president, I just wanted to get this out so tha...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Ed

--hide--

Ed.. Thanks for sharing. smile thumbsup

Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Fred-828727 said: Great story and news; did hear of Father Kapaun in my reading of some Korean War histories
(Quote) Fred-828727 said:

Great story and news; did hear of Father Kapaun in my reading of some Korean War histories

--hide--

I just watched it on TV. He was inspiring.
Apr 11th 2013 new
(Quote) ED-20630 said: There are so few times that I can find to support our president, I just wanted to get this out so that no one misse...
(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Ed

--hide--

Thank you Ed.

theheart
Apr 11th 2013 new

(Quote) ED-20630 said:

Ed

--hide--

Father Kapuan was a truly astonishing, religious man. I am so glad we were made aware of him in this present day
since he died so many years ago. I heard about it on the news tonight.

Apr 11th 2013 new

This is a great story about Fr Kapaun printed in the LA Times today:

They have a great color photo of Fr. Kapaun offering Mass on the front lines in Korea, using the hood of an army jeep for an alter... crucifix in the center of the windshield. The photo was apparently taken shortly before they were overrun and captured by the Chinese and North Koreans.

See the article >>> www.latimes.com

Ed

Apr 12th 2013 new

The LA Times articles says that Fr. Kapaun is being considered for sainthood in the Catholic Church.

Copied from the news story >>> www.latimes.com

"Stories like Gillespie's have made Kapaun a candidate for another distinction: Catholic sainthood."

"Father John Hotze is investigating Kapaun's canonization case. Hotze has interviewed 55 people and reviewed many documents, compiling 8,000 pages of information he sent to the Vatican."

Ed

Posts 1 - 10 of 19