Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I feel that I am a good person, with a great heart & faith. Why is it so hard to meet anyone to even be friends with or date on CM? Isn't this the purpose that we all joined this site? To meet new people..... I am just curious of anyone's experience that cares to comment or offer suggestions. Thank you. God bless.
Apr 11th 2013 new

Hmm... I guess it depends on the guy. I always answer messages even if I'm not interested. In fact, most of the time it's the women who don't respond to my messages so it goes both ways I guess. Not that what I'm saying helps much, but misery like company.

Apr 11th 2013 new

Denise welcome to the forums wave

I've been on this site for quite a while and just rejoined after being away for a little while. Participating in the forums helps. But also realize some people are not members and cannot respond to messages that are sent and there is really no way to know if they are members are not unless they answer.

Also, don't think of this site as just a dating site. It offers much more than that. There is fellowship and friendships that have been made that never would have been made if people had not joined this site. If there are CM get together's in your area that have been planned, take the time to join. You will meet many new people that way.

Apr 12th 2013 new

My Dear

Well I didn't have this problem, first I joined CM, I received many messages (men/women), and I checked their profiles to see if we have something in common or not. I don’t think that it’s a good idea to look for love on Internet; at least for me it takes too much time to know and trust a man and fall in love with him even in real life eyebrow

But I found many good friends (men/women) through the Search, if you want to find good friends, go to the search and click the options:

Education, age, profiles with photo, country, ethnicity, faith ...etc

At the end there will be a few people who are your type or what you want. Write to them and tell them that you have many things in common (in detail) and you will appreciate it if they accept to be your friends. They will check your profile too and interested ones will answer for sure.

crossfingers lovestruck!

Apr 12th 2013 new
Oh, thank you so much! I had no idea actually how the search actually works & that we could search women as friends as well! I agree with you about looking for love part. I am actually just looking for friends with similar morals and interests. Thank you for your response. God Bless!
Apr 12th 2013 new
Thank you Rhonda for your response. We are actually having our first local meet up soon. I am just becoming more familiar with CM and the forums etc. I am truly looking to make new friends with similar interests and values. Thank you for your suggestion! God Bless!
Apr 12th 2013 new
Thanks for your response Andy! God Bless
Apr 12th 2013 new

You are welcome dear

Yes you can search women too. I think you should review your own profile too, make sure that you have written everything in brief about yourself, don’t write too long, people get tired of reading. scratchchin

But upload photos which represent your lifestyle and your interests, if you are interested in travelling, upload photos of the places you have travelled, if you are interested in nature, animals, arts, cinema, sport, cooking, children, family gatherings, Church, Holy places...etc, upload photos related to them and write explanation for each photo.

By these photos people get a whole idea of what you really are. It’s so important. tongue

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: Thanks for your response Andy! God Bless
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: Thanks for your response Andy!

God Bless
--hide--

Don't get discouraged. You are a beautiful woman and a beloved daughter of God. Just pray for His will everyday and He will send your spouse in His time. I've learned that online dating is perceived differently than the "real world" as far as courtesy and manners go. It used to bother me if I wouldn't hear back from someone if I'd taken the time to write but after being on here awhile I take everything with a grain of salt. And I must admit now that I've also been guilty of not responding to everyone... It started to seem that no reply was better than the out and out rejection sometimes. I thought guys would appreciate the response but the vast majority of the time it seems to upset them. I suppose our preferences are all different. Best of luck! When you find your spouse you will be glad that it didn't work out with anyone else. God really does know what He is doing! hug
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: You are welcome dear Yes you can search women too. I think ...
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said:

You are welcome dear

Yes you can search women too. I think you should review your own profile too, make sure that you have written everything in brief about yourself, don’t write too long, people get tired of reading.

But upload photos which represent your lifestyle and your interests, if you are interested in travelling, upload photos of the places you have travelled, if you are interested in nature, animals, arts, cinema, sport, cooking, children, family gatherings, Church, Holy places...etc, upload photos related to them and write explanation for each photo.

By these photos people get a whole idea of what you really are. It’s so important.

--hide--

"Wearing the Moderator hat" --> Excellent advice from Bahar, both about Photos and and representing your lifestyle and interests. It opens more avenues for building Conversation. Praying biggrin

Posts 1 - 10 of 41