Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Dave-146273 said: "Wearing the Moderator hat" --> Excellent advice from Bahar, both about Photos and ...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

"Wearing the Moderator hat" --> Excellent advice from Bahar, both about Photos and and representing your lifestyle and interests. It opens more avenues for building Conversation.

--hide--

Dave, is that the Moderator hat you're wearing in your photo? Lol. laughing
Apr 14th 2013 new
Thank you Dave.
Apr 14th 2013 new

wave Hi! I often wonder the same thing, or why a conversation gets started and someone suddenly just disappears. scratchchin

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Tom-169708 said: Hi! I often wonder the same thing, or why a conversation gets started and someone suddenly just disappears. ...
(Quote) Tom-169708 said:

Hi! I often wonder the same thing, or why a conversation gets started and someone suddenly just disappears.

--hide--

Often it's because of something the other person says in the forums. Something that differs from the impression one got from a profile.
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Dave, is that the Moderator hat you're wearing in your photo? Lol.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Dave, is that the Moderator hat you're wearing in your photo? Lol.
--hide--

actually the Mod had is one of those Yellow Construction job site hardhat things.. i'll let you come to your own conclusion why scratchchin biggrin

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Bahar-937890 said: You are welcome dear Yes you can search women too. I...
(Quote) Bahar-937890 said:

You are welcome dear

Yes you can search women too. I think you should review your own profile too, make sure that you have written everything in brief about yourself, don’t write too long, people get tired of reading.

But upload photos which represent your lifestyle and your interests, if you are interested in travelling, upload photos of the places you have travelled, if you are interested in nature, animals, arts, cinema, sport, cooking, children, family gatherings, Church, Holy places...etc, upload photos related to them and write explanation for each photo.

By these photos people get a whole idea of what you really are. It’s so important.

--hide--

Thanks. I think mine is too wordy too hmmm...

Apr 14th 2013 new
test the waters
Apr 14th 2013 new
I am so lost....
Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-924030 said: I feel that I am a good person, with a great heart & faith. Why is it so hard to meet anyone to eve...
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: I feel that I am a good person, with a great heart & faith. Why is it so hard to meet anyone to even be friends with or date on CM? Isn't this the purpose that we all joined this site? To meet new people..... I am just curious of anyone's experience that cares to comment or offer suggestions. Thank you. God bless.
--hide--

Denise, I understand completely what you're going through. I can't tell you how many messages I've sent to ladies here at CM and heard absolutely nothing at all back. There are some reasons for that, though, and they have nothing to do with you or any of the rest of us. You ARE a good person, and hearing nothing back is NOT a reflection on you at all, so please don't think that.

Mostly, it's because there are a ton of people with profiles here on CM that are not paying members. There have been requests before to CM staff about having some way to tell if a person is a paid member or not, but CM will never do that. Let's face it, the site is in existence to make money (among other goals), and the way to do that is to entice people to be paying members. If a paid member sends an unpaid person a message, that unpaid person might become a new member as a result (otherwise, they can't communicate with the paid member who sent them a message). I'm not saying that that's wrong or right. It's just the way it is.

Unpaid people will not have the ability to read your messages unless they join CM. The only things they can do are browse your profile and/or send you a blank emote with no message attached. Those blank emotes are a dead giveaway that the person sending it is not a paid member.

Over time, I've also found other things that unpaid people at CM seem to have in common (there are exceptions to these, of course):

1) They only have a profile pic and no scrapbook pics (or they have a profile pic and only one scrapbook pic which is the same exact picutre as their profile pic).

2) They write very little in their profile and leave whole sections blank.

3) They are very general and have very few specifics in their profile.

4) They never visit the forums, the blogs, or the chat rooms (you can tell in their profile what "site activities" they've participated in recently).

5) They write at the beginning of their profile that they are only filling the profile out in order to browse the website (I know, I couldn't believe it either when I saw a profile that said that -- she's never going to get a browse from anyone at CM).

I'm sure others here can relate other dead giveaways that they've found.

Also, many profiles belong to past paying members who are now taking a break from CM for one reason or another (I've done that myself at times).

And, even though this a Catholic website, there are members who don't answer messages. I always try to because I think it's common courtesy, but everyone is different and not all believe that that's common courtesy.

A couple of extra ways to meet friends on CM is to do what you've done here -- post in the forums. You can make some great online friends that way.

And of course, you can attend events like the one the Tampa crew and I are planning for mid-June (check the member meet-ups section soon) -- OK, you knew I'd get a shameless plug in here somewhere, right? wink laughing

Anyway, CM does work. I have real-life buddies who found their spouses on CM. Just keep on sending messages and don't let it get you down if you don't hear anything back from some people. Remember, it only takes one! And keep on praying!

God Bless,
Steve

Apr 15th 2013 new
So sweet of you Steve! I thank you so much for taking your time & putting thought into your response. I agree, that its a common courtesy to respond weather your interested or not..... But I only am responsible for my own actions. I look forward to meeting you in the near future at one of our next meet ups! Take care. Peace
Posts 11 - 20 of 41