Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 15th 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Denise, I understand completely what you're going through. I can't tell you how many messages ...
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Denise, I understand completely what you're going through. I can't tell you how many messages I've sent to ladies here at CM and heard absolutely nothing at all back. There are some reasons for that, though, and they have nothing to do with you or any of the rest of us. You ARE a good person, and hearing nothing back is NOT a reflection on you at all, so please don't think that.

Mostly, it's because there are a ton of people with profiles here on CM that are not paying members. There have been requests before to CM staff about having some way to tell if a person is a paid member or not, but CM will never do that. Let's face it, the site is in existence to make money (among other goals), and the way to do that is to entice people to be paying members. If a paid member sends an unpaid person a message, that unpaid person might become a new member as a result (otherwise, they can't communicate with the paid member who sent them a message). I'm not saying that that's wrong or right. It's just the way it is.

Unpaid people will not have the ability to read your messages unless they join CM. The only things they can do are browse your profile and/or send you a blank emote with no message attached. Those blank emotes are a dead giveaway that the person sending it is not a paid member.

Over time, I've also found other things that unpaid people at CM seem to have in common (there are exceptions to these, of course):

1) They only have a profile pic and no scrapbook pics (or they have a profile pic and only one scrapbook pic which is the same exact picutre as their profile pic).

2) They write very little in their profile and leave whole sections blank.

3) They are very general and have very few specifics in their profile.

4) They never visit the forums, the blogs, or the chat rooms (you can tell in their profile what "site activities" they've participated in recently).

5) They write at the beginning of their profile that they are only filling the profile out in order to browse the website (I know, I couldn't believe it either when I saw a profile that said that -- she's never going to get a browse from anyone at CM).

I'm sure others here can relate other dead giveaways that they've found.

Also, many profiles belong to past paying members who are now taking a break from CM for one reason or another (I've done that myself at times).

And, even though this a Catholic website, there are members who don't answer messages. I always try to because I think it's common courtesy, but everyone is different and not all believe that that's common courtesy.

A couple of extra ways to meet friends on CM is to do what you've done here -- post in the forums. You can make some great online friends that way.

And of course, you can attend events like the one the Tampa crew and I are planning for mid-June (check the member meet-ups section soon) -- OK, you knew I'd get a shameless plug in here somewhere, right?

Anyway, CM does work. I have real-life buddies who found their spouses on CM. Just keep on sending messages and don't let it get you down if you don't hear anything back from some people. Remember, it only takes one! And keep on praying!

God Bless,
Steve

--hide--

Wow, good book Steve.
Apr 15th 2013 new
@ Dave....... I am not so lost anymore after I reread your post. You meant hard HaT. Not construction hard HaD Duhhhh. On my part! Hahaha!
Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Wow, good book Steve.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

Wow, good book Steve.
--hide--

I try... laughing

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-924030 said: So sweet of you Steve! I thank you so much for taking your time & putting thought into your respons...
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: So sweet of you Steve! I thank you so much for taking your time & putting thought into your response. I agree, that its a common courtesy to respond weather your interested or not..... But I only am responsible for my own actions. I look forward to meeting you in the near future at one of our next meet ups! Take care. Peace
--hide--

You have such a nice way of saying "long-winded", Denise. laughing

Apr 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-924030 said: @ Dave....... I am not so lost anymore after I reread your post. You meant hard HaT. Not construction h...
(Quote) Denise-924030 said: @ Dave....... I am not so lost anymore after I reread your post. You meant hard HaT. Not construction hard HaD Duhhhh. On my part! Hahaha!
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing -- that was meant for Frank.... wink

Apr 15th 2013 new

Hi Denise,

My advice is don't worry about it. It happens. Also keep in mind that some of the profiles are, let's just say transient. Sometimes people's entire profiles disappear a day or two after they contact you. Sometimes things come up in people's lives. The reasons really don't matter.

Be confident in yourself no matter what happens. You're very pretty and you seem very nice. You also still have the option of starting a family, which a lot of guys are looking for. I'm sure that there is someone great for you out there. The right person will make the effort. Anybody who disappears on you is not the right person.

Good luck!

John

Apr 15th 2013 new
Aww John, Thank you! Your so right. I pray that God's will be done in my life.... And for acceptance of his will. I am very happy. Very positive person. I would be happy to make friends with the same Morals & values as well! Thank you again John. I appreciate it! Take care.
Apr 15th 2013 new
I know.. Was just following along! Very funny!
Apr 15th 2013 new
Don't worry about the men's action. Just be your beautiful self, be available and ready. Why you may ask? Your husband has to find you at the appointed time and place. Remember Ruth!!! She was in the fiekd fiest
Apr 15th 2013 new
Oops. ..I meant she was first available in the field before she went out glamorous to keep her man. So like I said "Fret not beautiful one, your man just discovered YOU!".
Posts 21 - 30 of 41