Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Once our kiddos were old enough to stay at the house by themselves for a bit, Pete and ...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Once our kiddos were old enough to stay at the house by themselves for a bit, Pete and I would go to the store together we called it our mini-date lol. If the entire family went, Pete would make the kids link arms with him and they would do the Wizard of Oz skip with the kids behind me, singing lions, tigers and bears oh my. If I turned around to glare at them they all froze lol. Could have killed them half the time back then but miss it now :-)

--hide--

Lauren, what a sense of humor & good will Pete must have had. No wonder you miss him so much. theheart

Apr 20th 2013 new
I not easy to be by myself just doing things of life and i don't want to spend the rest of my days without a family , kids etc and travel alone most of the time.
Apr 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Lauren, what a sense of humor & good will Pete must have had. No wonder you miss...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Lauren, what a sense of humor & good will Pete must have had. No wonder you miss him so much.

--hide--

He was a handful lol. But he could be a lot of fun. He was super good with kiddos. He used to tell everyone he was nine years old with 35 years of experience lol. I asked him if his next birthday he could jump to sixteen and he said how about twelve LOL.

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Myriam-344031 said: Please tell me if I';m dreaming or asking too much?
(Quote) Myriam-344031 said:

Please tell me if I';m dreaming or asking too much?

--hide--

Myriam, you're not asking for too much!! hug

Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-771269 said: I not easy to be by myself just doing things of life and i don't want to spend the rest of my days ...
(Quote) Monica-771269 said: I not easy to be by myself just doing things of life and i don't want to spend the rest of my days without a family , kids etc and travel alone most of the time.
--hide--

Just a thought based on my own experiences, don't do the "bucket list", live in the moment and make the most out of the life you have. If you want to travel, and can aford the time / money, etc. don't worry about what friends & family might say ... pack the suitcase and go! Afterall it's your life!

I also find this simple prayer "His will be done" is the easiest way to remind myself that there is some master plan why some of these gifts may not be attainable by all. Of course it's not always easily understood, but I trust in time it will be revealed. theheart

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.Anything else, guys?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

the kitchen's a mess and the laundry isn't folded.

Anything else, guys?

--hide--

I'll do your laundry and clean your kitchen if you put together this outdoor sectional sofa I just bought at Pottery Barn eyepopping
Apr 21st 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-793888 said: Myriam, you're not asking for too much!!
(Quote) Peter-793888 said:

Myriam, you're not asking for too much!!

--hide--

Thanks!

Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Jim-397948 said: Yes. I wish I was married I miss someone waking me up 3 o'clock in the morning just to say she loves me...
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

Yes. I wish I was married I miss someone waking me up 3 o'clock in the morning just to say she loves me
--hide--

Give me your number and I'll call you at 3 am!
Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: What's the difference?
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

What's the difference?

--hide--

It might be cheaper to hire a cleaning lady . . .
Apr 21st 2013 new
(Quote) Monica-771269 said: I not easy to be by myself just doing things of life and i don't want to spend the rest of my days without a ...
(Quote) Monica-771269 said: I not easy to be by myself just doing things of life and i don't want to spend the rest of my days without a family , kids etc and travel alone most of the time.
--hide--

Yes, Monica, we are wired that way, by God and, if it is our vocation, we are meant to be married. These can be hard times, to find a good spouse but God will provide if it is HIs will for us and we trust.

Easier said than done, I know.
Posts 171 - 180 of 200