Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 22nd 2013 new

I am in need of a hug. hissyfit

Apr 22nd 2013 new

Carl; If you can let that thought go, keep your mind on other thing's like Jesus and prayer, involvement in church related functions or volunteering at events etc, etc. you are sure to find someone. A man in his 40's is still very young. Don't give up but don't dwell on it!

Apr 22nd 2013 new

(Quote) Francine-132290 said: I am in need of a hug.
(Quote) Francine-132290 said:

I am in need of a hug.

--hide--
Let's all send Francine a "BIG Hug!"

Apr 23rd 2013 new

Love ya. biggrin

Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Oh, my gosh you made me laugh..."the miscellaneous table"! Been there. Done that. Then ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said:

Oh, my gosh you made me laugh..."the miscellaneous table"! Been there. Done that. Then spent the evenings ducking "Mr. All Wrong" and "Mr. I Understand Why You are Still Single". Oh, I have one more to add to the list... "Mr. Married who calls himself Mr. Single."
--hide--

laughing laughing laughing Yes, feeling like you are being 'picked up' at coffee at doughnuts after Mass...interesting feeling...I didn't need a doughnut anywyay. rolling eyes laughing
Apr 24th 2013 new

I am in need of a hug.

--hide--

hug hug hug
Apr 24th 2013 new

I am in need of a hug.

--hide--
hug smile

Apr 24th 2013 new

- Need a husband who will be there when I need a shoulder to cry on. sad

- Someone who will give me emotional support when I'm stressed. boggled

- Someone who I can express my feelings and problems to without being judged. hug

Apr 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Susan-898689 said: - Need a husband who will be there when I need a shoulder to cry on. - Someone who will gi...
(Quote) Susan-898689 said:

- Need a husband who will be there when I need a shoulder to cry on.

- Someone who will give me emotional support when I'm stressed.

- Someone who I can express my feelings and problems to without being judged.

--hide--

Susan, these are perfect additions to all the other suggestions!

I especially like the last one about being judged. When we can't share our truest feelings, needs & problems with someone that denotes a lack of intimacy & signals the downfall of a relationship. To actually experience non-judmental listening, well...that's when love is truly expressed.

Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving solutions. All we women need is to vent sometimes, know that someone is empathizing with us, will give us a warm hug when we need it, the assurance that it will work out (without condensation), showing confidence that we have the knowledge, experience and/or power to persevere all the while letting us know that we can rely on them for whatever help we need.

Apr 24th 2013 new
(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving ...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Sometimes men like to "fix things" & haven't learned how to really listen without giving solutions.

--hide--
That's because most men are goal oriented and view helpfulness as being able to fix something. It's not that we don't want to listen, it's that we want to be useful, and accomplish something! I do understand though because some of my guy friends are clueless and if they don't have the solution (eeks in some cases it's unsolvable) they bury their heads in the sand.
Posts 181 - 190 of 200