Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bradley-266389 said: Hi Andy, I was just thinking...I have noticed that INTJ is among one of the more "serious" temperaments in Myers-Briggs. I suspect the Four Temperaments test gave you some combination of "choleric/melancholic". Personally, if I had two words to describe each temperament, it would be: choleric = serious, extroverted, melancholic = serious, introverted, sanguine = lighthearted, extroverted, phlegmatic = lighthearted, introverted; therefore, "melancholic/choleric" are among the more 'serious' people. I believe that one may find a high probability of dating rejection among the melancholic/choleric (or in general "serious") people. Presumably, someone of the "serious" temperament would be attracted to women who are just as serious, and therefore can understand them better. However, that "seriousness" in their temperament can strongly incline them to "tense up" when asked out, and take the "asking out" very seriously, causing them to default to "reject, in order to avoid leading them on or hurting them".

So, don't feel bad if you've been friend-zoned lately--men who are of the "serious" temperament will take their mission to imitate Christ and "be friends" with women, cherishing their souls, very seriously...and inadvertently be friend-zoned. It has happened to me countless times, and I am beginning to believe it is just a cross that "serious" people must carry, and in no way says anything about our value : )
oops, I meant to quote this ^ ^
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Justin-949667 said: Wrong button, fat fingers little screen. Lol. I have the extreme version of the INTJ personality, so I doomed to be a misunderstood hopeless romantic in life. What I have found in alot of research is the positive version, we are the intense version of true love and devotion that isn't for the faint of hearts. Guess that is why all the greatest of saints, all have tje same personality type? Lol.
Justin, I am a part of the INTJ Facebook group and someone posted a quote that said "INTJs do not love broadly- they love specifically and intensely" I find this to be so true. Whatever woman we end up loving will be glad knowing we love them deeply and them specifically!
Jul 28th 2013 new
(quote) Gina-972555 said: What planet am I on? Has anyone heard of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit where the Fruits of the Holy Spirit are nurtured and become evident in our demeanor and responses to others......Where am I?

What happened to 'yes' means 'yes' and 'no' means 'no' and being straight and honest about our thoughts, words and actions.....this over-analysing a persons personality is crazy stuff.....

The Fruits of the Holy Spirit have nothing to do with what individual personalities we have. It is the use and development of those gifts to transform us into the image and likeness of Jesus and to serve His Church. Knowing someone's personality is what helps us to understand what motivates them, where they place their importance, it is how the Members of the Body of Christ work together with all of their differences to further the Kingdom of Heaven.

I would be willing to place a very large wager that you are predominately a choleric. So my response will generate a challenge to you biggrin The reason I know this is because I am a choleric too. laughing
Jul 29th 2013 new
I don't get along well at all with INTJs. I'm ENTP and INTJs scare me.
Jul 29th 2013 new
For years, I tested as ENFP, but most recently, and with deeper, more honest thinking, I came out ESTP. I think I was answering for my best friend, who really is EXFP. So that explains my serious side, and why I love to talk about MBTI and theory and stuff. I also get fed up with "the life of the party" types, and don't have patience for the person who has 500 best friends.

Jul 29th 2013 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said:  My previous commentary was meant only to suggest that these things could be used as contributing information in our decisions on how to interact with a person. 
I have had my teenage sons take the MBTI, with great results for our family dynamics and getting along with one another. Temperament is inbred. I knew this boy was choleric from in the womb. Shortly after birth, definitely choleric. The boy is an ESTJ. Oh.my.gosh!

My sons were easy to raise, but my daughter, Oh my! Gave her the MBTI last week, what an eye opener. I'm ENP, she is ISJ. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

The purpose of MBTI is to teach people how to get along together. Already I am appreciating my daughter more, and she is learning that I'm not wrong, just different. wink
Aug 1st 2013 new
That's funny! One of my closest friends is an ENTP and he and I get along great with me being INTJ. The relationship type between INTJ and ENTP is referred to as "Contrast". The description of contrast relationships is a natural nemesis of sorts in which one has a point and the other has a counterpoint. contrast relationships can either get along great or get along horribly. In my case, my ENTP friend naturally is dominant in the relationship and tends to take control of our conversations but I don't mind in the least because I'm always interested in what he has to say so that I can be proven wrong and correct my mistakes :)
Aug 1st 2013 new
That's funny! One of my closest friends is an ENTP and he and I get along great with me being INTJ. The relationship type between INTJ and ENTP is referred to as "Contrast". The description of contrast relationships is a natural nemesis of sorts in which one has a point and the other has a counterpoint. contrast relationships can either get along great or get along horribly. In my case, my ENTP friend naturally is dominant in the relationship and tends to take control of our conversations but I don't mind in the least because I'm always interested in what he has to say so that I can be proven wrong and correct my mistakes :)
Aug 6th 2013 new
(quote) Andy-896770 said:  my ENTP friend naturally is dominant in the relationship and tends to take control of our conversations but I don't mind in the least because I'm always interested in what he has to say 
Please be patient with your friend. ENTPs love to think and talk about themselves. I'm working on this myself.
Note to self: Listen 70%, Talk 30%.

Aug 6th 2013 new

Having taken the extended test and chatted with a licensed practitioner, I discovered myself to be INfj (softer on the f and j; modes depend on the situation). It fits various elements of my personality, others less so; I don't consider myself to be much of a psychic, for example.
Posts 41 - 50 of 54