Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Sometimes one finds good information in unusual places. Just wanted to share it.

www.jidaily.com

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Ria-570234 said: Sometimes one finds good information in unusual places. Just wanted to share it.http://...
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

Sometimes one finds good information in unusual places. Just wanted to share it.

www.jidaily.com

--hide--

Rea, all I can say is that article points out how much private charity does for the poor and needy and sick.

When Uncle Sam gets involved, corruption ensues, and less help becomes available for the needy.

Thank you for the article on atheists. I saw something different though. But it is certainly true
about atheists.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Rea, all I can say is that article points out how much private charity does for the po...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Rea, all I can say is that article points out how much private charity does for the poor and needy and sick.

When Uncle Sam gets involved, corruption ensues, and less help becomes available for the needy.

Thank you for the article on atheists. I saw something different though. But it is certainly true
about atheists.

--hide--
All a matter of interpretation, Marianne, but so many argue how unnecessary & unproductive religious beliefs are. This goes to directly contradict that ideology. Were it left to the atheists, many would suffer want and need, due to that philosophy's more egocentric nature. We've all heard stories of those whose spiritual lives were dramatically changed when their physical, financial, or medical needs were resolved by the charitable actions of religiously based social service networks. I've never heard of any similar occurence due to atheistic intervention.

This was not meant to be a commentary on government involvement, as I totally agree with your opinion in that regard. It's actually supporting just the opposite point of view.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Ria-570234 said: All a matter of interpretation, Marianne, but so many argue how unnecessary & unproductive reli...
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

All a matter of interpretation, Marianne, but so many argue how unnecessary & unproductive religious beliefs are. This goes to directly contradict that ideology. Were it left to the atheists, many would suffer want and need, due to that philosophy's more egocentric nature. We've all heard stories of those whose spiritual lives were dramatically changed when their physical, financial, or medical needs were resolved by the charitable actions of religiously based social service networks. I've never heard of any similar occurence due to atheistic intervention.

This was not meant to be a commentary on government involvement, as I totally agree with your opinion in that regard. It's actually supporting just the opposite point of view.

--hide--

Is that were atheists argue--that religious beliefs are unnecessary and unproductive? I did not realize that. I only
thought they did not believe in a god.

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Is that were atheists argue--that religious beliefs are unnecessary and unproductive? ...

Is that were atheists argue--that religious beliefs are unnecessary and unproductive? I did not realize that. I only

--hide--

Modern atheists tend to be very aggressive and unspeakably uncivil in pushing their agenda.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Is that were atheists argue--that religious beliefs are unnecessary and unproductive? ...

--hide--
Take a look around, Marianne. Why else would we be fighting to keep "Christmas' and "Easter" in those celebrations? How many schools now have 'Holiday Pageants' and "Spring Eggs"? Take 'Under God' out of the Pledge of Allegiance? Our public schools have been infiltrated and brainwashed to get those things taken out of the curriculum under the false guise of 'separation of church and state'. A few have managed to exert control over the rest of the population on these issues, and for the most part this country has capitulated to them. And yet, they offer nothing substantive in return. They ridicule not only Catholic beliefs, but every other faith as well. That article was posted in the Jewish Ideas Daily! Yet you won't read anything like it in the mainstream media, or hear it discussed on the 'alphabet' networks. It's more than their ridicule of religions in general, it's the superimposition of THEIR beliefs - or lack thereof - to the detriment of all who provide such needed and welcome service to any and all, and have done so for centuries. Atheists have done nothing, given nothing...it's up to us when confronted by their ignorant statements to rebut them with known and proven facts. They can't prove God DOESN'T exist...we can offer good examples to the fact that He DOES indeed, and that is very evident in those who work in His Behalf for the good of all mankind.

Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Ria-570234 said: Sometimes one finds good information in unusual places. Just wanted to share it.http://www.jidaily....
(Quote) Ria-570234 said:

www.jidaily.com

--hide--
Thank you, Ria.

The examples of religious organizations offering services and goods to those in need are endless. One such example is the Catholic Charities Free Health Care and Dental Clinic in Pittsburgh for those who do not have medical insurance and meet certain criteria. Doctors and dentists from our community volunteer their professional services.

Catholic Charities Free Health Care Center Pittsburgh www.youtube.com
Apr 13th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Modern atheists tend to be very aggressive and unspeakably uncivil in pushing their agenda.
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Modern atheists tend to be very aggressive and unspeakably uncivil in pushing their agenda.

--hide--

And also very uninformed about what they think they are arguing against.

edwardfeser.blogspot.com
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: And also very uninformed about what they think they are arguing against. http://edward...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

And also very uninformed about what they think they are arguing against.

edwardfeser.blogspot.com
--hide--
Hi Charles, fascinating discussion ! Thanks for posting this.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9