Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

04/13/2013 new

oops i didn't meant to write that there

04/13/2013 new

Well said. You helped me understand a personal dilema.

04/13/2013 new

I have returned after a long absence from CM. I had met someone on here a few years ago, but the relationship did not work out. In fact, it was terrible. When your fellow parishoners tell you that they are glad he is gone, that really says something lol.

But here I am again. I feel like I have an obligation to at least try to date while I am still young. I do wish I had a family and more children, but it is a disappointing process.

On a positive note, one of my friends met his wife here, and after a (very) long distance relationship they were married last fall. They are both awesome people, so it isn't for lack of good guys or gals on here.

04/13/2013 new

I have not had any luck yet but it has only been a month. I am finding is that most of the men on this site are either very shallow or are looking for "perfect woman" which we all no know does not exist. Only God is perfect.

04/14/2013 new

(Quote) Kim-959385 said: DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCCESS ON THIS SITE????
(Quote) Kim-959385 said: DO PEOPLE HAVE SUCCESS ON THIS SITE????
--hide--

YES.. but as some posters have already pointed out, success is quite subjective and depends on what one defines it to mean:

Have I met some really wonderful guys on here?.. Yes.

Am I married yet?.. No.

The truth is dating on here is just like dating in the real world.. it takes time, and the exact moment one will meet the right person isn't gauranteed. So, one will probably date a few from here before finding "the one".

Well, that's my opinion which could be uninsightful since I've only been on here for a few months. However, the important thing is, I think very positively about this site and the guys I have met here, which to me is a sign of success. smile

Blessings! theheart

04/14/2013 new

I am wondering this myself! Also wondering about....courtesy. I was always taught that if someone takes the time to write you, its is polite ot reply, even if it is to say "thank you, no."

Are there any genuinely interested men in my area who are not afraid to move forward with a relationship...at our age? Why not fall in love....for the last time in our lives...a good 25 years left it we're lucky!

Saying some prayers that God has a big plan which I and some very special man are a part of. And praying the same for all of you as well!!! :)

Apr 20 new
Hi Kim, My name is Denise. I believe that God does not always give us what we want, but gives us what we need. I pray for his will to be done in my life. And to accept his will. I have been on many first dates. But, no love connection on my end. I pray that God will place positive people in my life. Or people that I can learn from or become friends with. Be patient. He will Bless you. Everyone has different ideas of success. Yes, I have success everyday. It is my choice to be happy & make the most of my life. Being single or in a relationship! Take care. Best wishes. God Bless.
Apr 22 new

Yes Kim, they do, very much so. I have been on this site, on and off, for years. I would go away for a long time, but I always kept in touch with the many friends I met on here. Many have met a wonderful person from this site, and they are very happily married!

Apr 22 new

I'm a success story in the making. The catholic match portrait did a wonderful job. My membership will expire by the time we are officially engaged but we'll send a success story at that point. Perhaps I was lucky, I met my match only a month or so after I started a paid subscription.

Good luck everyone and don't get discouraged.

Apr 22 new

I've conversed with a people from here who've said they're here because of success stories they know from real life friends, real life friends who didn't email their success stories. So, it probably increases the 50 -80 couples a month.

Given the size of the membership pool, I think its not likely to be statistically accurate to go by what people are saying on the forums about their lack of succes. I've spoken to a lot of fellows who have no interest in posting in the forums.

Anyway, I've been here off and on for about two years. I was under no illusion that I'd find some fellow in the first few months. God's timing and all. But I've had better luck than I have in real life.

Try living in New Zealand. We don't exactly have an exploding Catholic population.

Posts 41 - 50 of 50