Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Ideal Date (Realistically)

Apr 12th 2013 new

What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let's be realistic here and not fly to France or something. laughing

Apr 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let&...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let's be realistic here and not fly to France or something.

--hide--

Hi Tara! Because someone has to say it, I'll start...

1. Man must be breathing and be in the same room as me! wink

Next for #2!! Chelle

Apr 12th 2013 new

A nice first day would be something fun and interactive like miniture golf, county fair, skating, bowling...

I heard this mentioned on the Steve Harvey show once too. I guess it helps you get to know the person in a low pressure environment so your both more apt to just be yourselves!

Apr 13th 2013 new
Lol!
Apr 13th 2013 new
Good point!
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Michelle-930023 said: A nice first day would be something fun and interactive like miniture golf, county fair, skati...
(Quote) Michelle-930023 said:

A nice first day would be something fun and interactive like miniture golf, county fair, skating, bowling...

I heard this mentioned on the Steve Harvey show once too. I guess it helps you get to know the person in a low pressure environment so your both more apt to just be yourselves!

--hide--

Ditto!!! thumbsup

Apr 13th 2013 new
Gosh, there are so many ways I can envision a realistic good first date.

1. I still like the old stand by of dinner and a walk along the riverfront.

2. Going to the zoo!

3. Something really low key that I would enjoy is a stroll through a bookstore. There is so much to talk about at a bookstore that would be a good way to get to know each other's interests.

4. The art museum!

5. A Reds game!! I would totally love that, even sitting in the cheap seats would be good.

6. Bowling would be good too, provided that it isn't a smoke filled environment and I'm feeling confident (I'm a terrible bowler but I can have fun being silly about it while he shines.)

Just few that came to mind. biggrin
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said: Ditto!!!
(Quote) Rosemarie-744159 said:

Ditto!!!

--hide--

Well, if I had to pick one . . . hmm let's see . . . I'd say June 15, 2014 laughing

More seriously though, I think if there is a good flow of conversation and both people are genuinely interested in learning more about the other, then things are off to a good start. I think it's nice if (maybe not for the first date, but could depend on the people) there is a main activity (i.e., bowling) as well as time to talk (more of a sit down thing, like coffee).

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let&...

What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let's be realistic here and not fly to France or something.

--hide--

Let's see.......fly to France, candlelight dinner by the Eiffel Tower and getting lost in her eyes. Oh, realistic. *l* wink

I would agree with the others, something active and light, so it's reduced pressure and fun and gives an opportunity to talk.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I enjoy any date in which I learn more about the lady, we enjoy a fun activity and no one does anything immoral. Anything more specific will depend on the people involved.

--hide--

Posts 1 - 10 of 151