Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let&...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let's be realistic here and not fly to France or something.

--hide--

My ideal date would be having dinner at a place conducive to talking, then maybe a walk at the duck pond and more talking, sitting on the tailgate of truck in a pasture watching the stars and talking. . .even perhaps playing putt putt golf or bowling where you can be a little carefree.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I'd even go for a burger and sitting at the park talking lol

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My ideal date would be having dinner at a place conducive to talking, then maybe a walk...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

My ideal date would be having dinner at a place conducive to talking, then maybe a walk at the duck pond and more talking, sitting on the tailgate of truck in a pasture watching the stars and talking. . .even perhaps playing putt putt golf or bowling where you can be a little carefree.

--hide--

And talking?!?! wink

Apr 13th 2013 new

Somewhere quiet where we can talk, eat something simple, and a jukebox where we can play music.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I'd prefer to initially meet by doing something like serving in a soup kitchen or other volunteer work. (direct from my profile) thumbsup

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Wendy-387654 said: I'd prefer to initially meet by doing something like serving in a soup kitchen or other...
(Quote) Wendy-387654 said:

I'd prefer to initially meet by doing something like serving in a soup kitchen or other volunteer work. (direct from my profile)

--hide--

Wendy that's a great first date idea.

My idea of a good first date is doing something, anything, where we could also talk. I would be fine with taking the dog for a walk, or sitting down for a dinner somewhere.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let&...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

What's your ideal date (and I'm not talking about the default CM interview question)? Let's be realistic here and not fly to France or something.

--hide--

A modest dinner and a walk in the park. Maybe swinging on swings in the park; playing on all of the children's rides and acting silly. Not stupid silly but having fun silly.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I like the idea of something interactive like mini golf or skating where you can talk but are not compelled to fill up the silence. Talking on the first date is great but sometimes when you are in silence and you feel like you have too it can be uncomfortable.

Apr 13th 2013 new

Low key, encouraging a natural flow of conversation, interesting visuals and opportunity to casually move around

I'll go with museum coffee shop. FTW has a coffee shop inside one of the museums that has glass walls, which allows view of art pieces while sipping coffee. Makes me smile.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: "What's your ideal date (Realistically)"
(Quote) Tara-916865 said: "What's your ideal date (Realistically)"
--hide--

OK, I like to think outside the box. Here is my realistic ideal date. This would never be a first date scenario but a good option for a third or fourth date. This date would be considered a "power date" that you could do spur of the moment and midweek. This type of date would only work if you live in close proximity to each other. The date should only last only an hour. The purpose of the date is so the two can be physically together to talk to each other while accomplishing a task. No formal dress required. Food or beverage consumption is optional.

Example: Going to Home Depot to purchase supplies for a DIY project. You treat your date to a hot dog and soda from the hot dog vendor located just outside the entrance. You and your date leisurely stroll the aisles while talking and laughing together. You can brush up on your Spanish while reading bilingual signage. You purchase DIY supplies while firming up plans to meet on the weekend for a more formal date. Elapsed time: 45 minutes.

Posts 11 - 20 of 151