Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said: Cooking a meal together and sharing it with a nice glass of wine on the patio in the bac...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Cooking a meal together and sharing it with a nice glass of wine on the patio in the backyard while just enoying each other's company. ( With someone I know well enough to invite to my house)

Dinner at a place with good food and wine followed by a hike through the park or the woods where we get to talk and get to know each other better.

--hide--
Shara -- you would ask your date to take a hike???? shhh laughing

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Chelle -- You're being much too picky!!!
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Chelle -- You're being much too picky!!!

--hide--

So they say, Ray! boggled

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Shara -- you would ask your date to take a hike????
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Shara -- you would ask your date to take a hike????

--hide--

Well, Beverly is thinking about shooting hers...or holding him hostage!!! eyepopping

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Good thinking about the shooting. If the date isn't going well, you can always get rid of the guy earl...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Good thinking about the shooting. If the date isn't going well, you can always get rid of the guy early....

Also, I'm trying to figure out how you shoot with a picnic basket. Sounds like a good trick.

--hide--

gangster Oh, Mr. Game Warden, I hope you can help me. I've been told I can shoot wabbits, and goats, and pigeons, and mongooses, and dirty skunks, and ducks. Can you tell me what season it weawy is?

Apr 13th 2013 new

Dang it, Ray, you keep beating me to the punch line! irked

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Shara-929649 said:...followed by a hike through the park or the woods
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:...followed by a hike through the park or the woods
--hide--

Umm, no. Not unless it's a well-traveled path and I know the guy really well. rolling eyes

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: My ideal date would be having dinner at a place conducive to talking, then maybe a walk...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

My ideal date would be having dinner at a place conducive to talking, then maybe a walk at the duck pond and more talking, sitting on the tailgate of truck in a pasture watching the stars and talking. . .even perhaps playing putt putt golf or bowling where you can be a little carefree.

--hide--

I like to be able to talk without being heard by other patrons of the establishment. This can be challenging to find. In my age group it can also be tricky. Let me explain why:

One shy and educated man I have dated has trouble hearing. He is 63 or so. He also does not want to admit to it. On our second or so date, We went out to dinner on a Saturday night and it was so noisy in the restaurantirked that we could not hear each other unless we yelled. Needless to say it is not conducive to getting to know someone when having to yell. Now I have been watching for quiet places to eat since that night so that I can always suggest a little hole in the wall where we (or my friends and I)can talk without being overheard. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the place but it is a very popular elegant restaurant.

Then we went out to another restaurant on what turned out to be our last date up to now. That restaurant had fallen into the hands of people who had removed the best dishes from the menu and who did not have true culinary knowledge even though they claimed they did when I complained to them and to the health department about the hairs of the mussels still being present on the shellfish. The place was shut down and is under new ownership I believe.

Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: (Quote) Shara-929649 said: Cooking a meal together and sharing it w...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Quote:
Shara-929649 said:

Cooking a meal together and sharing it with a nice glass of wine on the patio in the backyard while just enoying each other's company. ( With someone I know well enough to invite to my house)

Dinner at a place with good food and wine followed by a hike through the park or the woods where we get to talk and get to know each other better.

Shara -- you would ask your date to take a hike????

--hide--

Many of my first dates have been a hike and have been very enjoyable but since these are different times, It now depends on how well I know the man.

Apr 13th 2013 new

I think a really good date is to go to Sunday Mass together and have brunch! Helps to keep God as the main focus of the relationship. :)

Apr 13th 2013 new

The noisy popular restaurant I mentioned is PF Chang's. It is very noisy on Saturday night. I tend to avoid noisy places.

Posts 41 - 50 of 151