Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I was asked to start another thread here so we can continue our discussion of how does one practice the VIRTUE of chastity when you are not a teenager, but a mature adult (whether never married, or single after being married).

This tread is to encourage and support those who are striving to live chastely in their state of life. Share your ideas on how to do that below!

I'll go--

Focus on this--you have to have "custody" of youself to be chaste:

Custody of the eyes

Custody of the memories

Custody of the imagination

Custody of the heart (one's hopes, longings, secrets)

All this will lead to chastity.

Apr 13th 2013 new

Listen to ...

1 - "I Would Cry" by Amy Dalley

2 - "They Call It Makin' Love" by Tammy Wynette

Apr 13th 2013 new

3 - "When I Think About Cheatin" - Gretchen Wilson

4 - "On the Other Hand" - Randy Travis

These 4 secular songs, w/ a Christian message, if practiced, sould keep a Soul on the Right Road.

Apr 13th 2013 new

Think about:

Your children (if you have them). I have a little girl who is 12 that I must set an example for. Chastity is a virtue that gets much discussion in my household.

The issue of chastity gets me dumped every time, but I believe that indicates a superficial investment in the relationship, which is not what I am looking for. There is a world of difference between struggling and failing and using the Sacrament of Confession as fire insurance.

Apr 13th 2013 new
Yes true true.
Apr 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: You have to have "custody" of yourself to be chaste: Custody of the eyes
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

You have to have "custody" of yourself to be chaste:

Custody of the eyes

Custody of the memories

Custody of the imagination

Custody of the heart (one's hopes, longings, secrets)

All this will lead to chastity.

--hide--

Well said Pat! You get a Gold Star!

I'd like to add, custody of the ears. The conversations we partake in, or the music we listen to makes a difference.

And..... it's a way of life. It's something that you strive to be all the time, not just on Sundays/on occasion.

Apr 13th 2013 new
Great Topic Pat, It's actually perfect timing. Just last week, one of my childhood friends Made it known to me of his interest and how I would make his "perfect wife...made to be together...". So I agreed to talk with him. When his side of the conversation turned sexual, I shut it down, saying I had decided no sex till after marriage and did not respond well to that talk. He then proceeded to tell me that I was crazy, old fashioned and no one did that anymore. Also accusing me of holding back. I tried telling him it was my own personal decision and while I respected his decision to have sex before marriage, he needed to respect mine to not. It has been a long time since I've felt so disrespected and not even been on a 1st date yet. Needless to say, I have no interest in pursing that kind of relationship, as I want someone to really get to know me and be committed (married) to me before sex enters our relationship. Am I crazy to think this is possible?
Apr 15th 2013 new

Jason Evert speaks to Pure in Heart America on Chastity.

Great talks, insightful and also amusing!

www.youtube.com

he also talks about his own engagement, recorded by a British TV as if it was something weird in today's world because they were chaste. It is amusing but also makes me think why it is so hard nowadays when in the past was as he says "In those days chastity was a given" theheart

Apr 17th 2013 new

I would encourage anyone who is interested to refer to this wonderful book by EWTN priest Benedict Groeschel, The Courage to be Chaste.

books.google.com

Apr 17th 2013 new

Jason & Crystalina Evert also have a book called How to Find Your Soulmate without losing your soul (21 secrets for Women). Although I have not finished the book the message is about purity, honoring ourselves, and growing in our relationship with God.

Posts 1 - 10 of 33