Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 18th 2013 new

I've also read that it's important to make sure that you have some "good, clean" fun in your life while you are trying to be chaste. All work and no play tends to make one cranky...

Apr 18th 2013 new

My personal favorite...WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! but seriously, I do have a personal philosophy or saying, basically REGRET IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW...so....I believe one needs to live life thinking about the consequences of foolish unGodly behaviour, do we really want to let the Lord down, yeah we are human but in surrounding ourselves with God's word, and friends with similar values and always keeping the focus on living a chaste life would help us along the way.

Apr 19th 2013 new

1.Say the Rosary
2.and the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
3.Read about and meditate on the Scourging at the Pillar.
4.Meditate on the Annunciation...
5.the innocence and purity of the Holy Virgin Mother.
6.Pray for God to help you redirect your thoughts.
7.Go to confession.
8.Imagine having to confess this yet again.
9.Think of it (chastity)as a sacrifice for the love of God which when pursued is transformative.
10.Think of your body as a temple of the Holy Spirit and think of offering yourself as a living sacrifice to God.
11.read the letters of St Paul
12and the Acts of the apostles to see the zeal of the Apostles as they were led by the Holy Spirit to preach the Good news of Jesus.
13. Ask God for strength and resolve to resist temptation.
14. Ask God to change your heart and draw you to Him.

Apr 19th 2013 new

Marian and Jacki, you two really sum it up! Thank you for adding to the conversation!

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Marian and Jacki, you two really sum it up! Thank you for adding to the conversation!
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Marian and Jacki, you two really sum it up! Thank you for adding to the conversation!

--hide--

Thank you. I will add to it if I can think of other ways. God is very faithful to answer those prayers and to respond to those efforts.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: My personal favorite...WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! but seriously, I do have a pe...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

My personal favorite...WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! but seriously, I do have a personal philosophy or saying, basically REGRET IS A BITTER PILL TO SWALLOW...so....I believe one needs to live life thinking about the consequences of foolish unGodly behaviour, do we really want to let the Lord down, yeah we are human but in surrounding ourselves with God's word, and friends with similar values and always keeping the focus on living a chaste life would help us along the way.

--hide--

I appreciate this too and Regret does put it all into perspective as well. One can make choices every day to redirect one's mind to holy pursuits.

Apr 20th 2013 new

This is a very difficult issue. I wonder why more persons are not posting. This is tough for singles and perhaps for married people as well, I would not know.

Apr 26th 2013 new

St. Mary of Egypt - Patron of Chastity (warfare against the flesh; deliverance from carnal passions); Demons (deliverance from); Fever; Skin diseases; Temptations of the flesh

www.catholic.org

Apr 26th 2013 new

1 Thessalonians 4:3-8 states it quite clearly. theheart

Apr 26th 2013 new

I agree with all. And add:

Confronting the "lower self", the desire nature in us that constantly wants to be pleased. Confront and name it for what it is at the outset of sexual ideation. The conflict and eventual victory becomes heroic as it lays before the feet of Jesus, which He sees in secret.

Pray to belong to Jesus , Mother Mary or whatever Saint you might pray to, with everything you possess in mind, body, and spirit. All the 'saints religious' had to deal with this challenge, so we have them to look to in their writings on the subject also. I love the dramatic , and fierce, confrontations St Theresa of Avila recounts in her diary/letters.

Posts 11 - 20 of 33