Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 26 new

(Quote) Kristine-450998 said: Jason & Crystalina Evert also have a book called
(Quote) Kristine-450998 said:

Jason & Crystalina Evert also have a book called How to Find Your Soulmate without losing your soul (21 secrets for Women). Although I have not finished the book the message is about purity, honoring ourselves, and growing in our relationship with God.

--hide--

I loved this book! It really put my past relationships into perspective and left me wanting a truly chaste relationship. I am a Catholic school teacher and when a lot of guys find that out they are intrigued for the wrong reasons. Then they find out how I feel about premarital sex and they try telling me that it's not really a big deal, but I must disagree. I suppose it is better to clear the air right away, but it would be nice to find a man who shares my beliefs (hence joining this site).

Apr 26 new

Prayer is, I think, the best defense we have against impurity...and one that I know I have often neglected. I just found this prayer and it really strikes me as a strong defense against impurity. Praying

The Three Hail Mary Devotion rose

With all my heart I praise Thee, Most Holy Virgin
above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, Daughter of
the Eternal Father, and I consecrate to Thee
my soul with all its faculties.
Recite a Hail Mary (In Honour of the Father)
By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy; preserve me this day (this night) from mortal sin. Amen.

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, beloved Mother
of the Son of God, and I consecrate to Thee my body
with all its senses.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Son)
By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy; preserve me this day (this night) from mortal sin. Amen.

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise,

Beloved Spouse of the Holy Ghost,

and I consecrate to Thee my heart with all its affections,

and beseech Thee to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity

all the graces necessary for salvation.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Holy Spirit)

Apr 29 new

When you talk to people use this line "I love chastity, but then again I'm normal..." I use it when I present and people get these strange looks.

Apr 29 new

(Quote) Lisa-962589 said: The issue of chastity gets me dumped every time
(Quote) Lisa-962589 said:

The issue of chastity gets me dumped every time

--hide--

I know you're telling the truth, but its something I can still never get my head around.

Apr 30 new

(Quote) Roy-964611 said: (Quote) Lisa-962589 said: The issue of chastity gets me dumped every time
(Quote) Roy-964611 said:

Quote:
Lisa-962589 said:

The issue of chastity gets me dumped every time

I know you're telling the truth, but its something I can still never get my head around.

--hide--

How so?

May 01 new

Because I don't really understand how somebody can claim to love someone else, and then "dump" them because the person refuses to sleep with them. In what possible sense could you really care about someone you treat that way?

May 02 new

(Quote) Roy-964611 said: Because I don't really understand how somebody can claim to love someone else, and then "d...
(Quote) Roy-964611 said:

Because I don't really understand how somebody can claim to love someone else, and then "dump" them because the person refuses to sleep with them. In what possible sense could you really care about someone you treat that way?

--hide--

Well yes this happens all of the time out there.

May 06 new

It seems I am the thread killer....

May 06 new

(Quote) Roy-964611 said: Because I don't really understand how somebody can claim to love someone else, and then "d...
(Quote) Roy-964611 said:

--hide--

This is a problem that many of us have lived with through our entire dating experience, Roy.

May 06 new

I'm a member of the Angelic Warfare Confraternity and have found great help in its graces!

Posts 21 - 30 of 33