Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I was asked to start another thread here so we can continue our discussion of how does one practice t...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I was asked to start another thread here so we can continue our discussion of how does one practice the VIRTUE of chastity when you are not a teenager, but a mature adult (whether never married, or single after being married).

This tread is to encourage and support those who are striving to live chastely in their state of life. Share your ideas on how to do that below!

I'll go--

Focus on this--you have to have "custody" of youself to be chaste:

Custody of the eyes

Custody of the memories

Custody of the imagination

Custody of the heart (one's hopes, longings, secrets)

All this will lead to chastity.

--hide--

+ modest dress (helps others to avoid the temptation and frees you from any guilt in the matter)

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Prayer is, I think, the best defense we have against impurity...and one that I know I have often ...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

Prayer is, I think, the best defense we have against impurity...and one that I know I have often neglected. I just found this prayer and it really strikes me as a strong defense against impurity.

The Three Hail Mary Devotion

With all my heart I praise Thee, Most Holy Virgin
above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, Daughter of
the Eternal Father, and I consecrate to Thee
my soul with all its faculties.
Recite a Hail Mary (In Honour of the Father)
By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy; preserve me this day (this night) from mortal sin. Amen.

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, beloved Mother
of the Son of God, and I consecrate to Thee my body
with all its senses.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Son)
By thy Holy and Immaculate Conception, O Mary, make my body pure and my soul holy; preserve me this day (this night) from mortal sin. Amen.

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise,

Beloved Spouse of the Holy Ghost,

and I consecrate to Thee my heart with all its affections,

and beseech Thee to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity

all the graces necessary for salvation.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Holy Spirit)

--hide--

I do just three Hail Marys every morning and night "in honour of Our Lady's purity".

May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Felicity-929402 said: (Quote) Naomi-825244 said: Prayer is, I think, the best defense we have...
(Quote) Felicity-929402 said:

Quote:
Naomi-825244 said:

Prayer is, I think, the best defense we have against impurity...and one that I know I have often neglected. I just found this prayer and it really strikes me as a strong defense against impurity.

The Three Hail Mary Devotion

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, Daughter of
the Eternal Father, and I consecrate to Thee
my soul with all its faculties.
Recite a Hail Mary (In Honour of the Father)

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise, beloved Mother
of the Son of God, and I consecrate to Thee my body
with all its senses.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Son)

above all Angels and Saints in Paradise,

Beloved Spouse of the Holy Ghost,

and I consecrate to Thee my heart with all its affections,

and beseech Thee to obtain for me from the Most Holy Trinity

all the graces necessary for salvation.
Recite a Hail Mary (In honour of the Holy Spirit)

I do just three Hail Marys every morning and night "in honour of Our Lady's purity".

--hide--

These are both beautiful prayers.

Posts 31 - 33 of 33