Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

en.wikipedia.org

This is a light and refreshing topic. I hope you enjoy it.

I was teaching my art class about how the fashion, art, and floral world all coordinate the lastest fashion
colors to sell.

They all seem very interested to know how it was done.

The reference above is for the Pantone Company, in NJ. It is a very famous and influential company regarding colors
and color coordination for manufacturing and productions. This tells about the conferences in Europe that Pantone
sponsors to pick colors.

So what is the new color for 2013?

04/13/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: en.wikipedia.org is a light and refreshing topic. I hope you e...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

en.wikipedia.org

I was teaching my art class about how the fashion, art, and floral world all coordinate the lastest fashion
colors to sell.

The reference above is for the Pantone Company, in NJ. It is a very famous and influential company regarding colors
and color coordination for manufacturing and productions. This tells about the conferences in Europe that Pantone
sponsors to pick colors.

--hide--

emerald wink

04/13/2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: emerald
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

emerald

--hide--

Did you know it, Marian, or did you read it? Truthfully, I would not say that I see that much Emerald around.

Last year, there was plenty of orange though.

04/13/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: en.wikipedia.org is a light and refreshing topic. I hope you e...

en.wikipedia.org

colors to sell.

sponsors to pick colors.

--hide--
Ahem... I don't mean to brag, but I got a perfect score today on the following (Pantone) color perception test:

www.xrite.com

Any one can take it. "0" is perfect, 99 the worst. I worked with color imaging software at my job, and was given the same test in my fifties. I was the only one to get a perfect score at that time. We had to calibrate our monitors weekly for uniformity of color at everyone's workstation.

Lastly, I must apologise for getting slightly off-topic, but I think it will be a deep cobalt blue.

04/13/2013 new
(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Ahem... I don't mean to brag, but I got a perfect score today on the following (Pantone) color perception t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Ahem... I don't mean to brag, but I got a perfect score today on the following (Pantone) color perception test:

www.xrite.com

Any one can take it. "0" is perfect, 99 the worst. I worked with color imaging software at my job, and was given the same test in my fifties. I was the only one to get a perfect score at that time. We had to calibrate our monitors weekly for uniformity of color at everyone's workstation.

Lastly, I must apologise for getting slightly off-topic, but I think it will be a deep cobalt blue.

--hide--

Don't you mean Pantene? Lol.
04/14/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: emerald <...

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

emerald

Did you know it, Marian, or did you read it? Truthfully, I would not say that I see that much Emerald around.

Last year, there was plenty of orange though.

--hide--

I went in and read it...

04/14/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: (Quote) Marianne-100218 said: en.wikipedia.org.

Quote:
Marianne-100218 said:

en.wikipedia.org

colors to sell.

sponsors to pick colors.

www.xrite.com

--hide--

Peter Thank you for that. I took the test. Very interesting.

04/14/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Don't you mean Pantene? Lol.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

--hide--
Nope, Pantone- check out the link.

04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Ahem... I don't mean to brag, but I got a perfect score today on the following (Pantone) colo...

www.xrite.com

--hide--

Wow, Peter, I am truly impressed. I am going to take the test.

Maybe I can give it to my art students.

Maybe next year will be deep cobalt blue. Pantone says it is Emerald Green. I don't see to much evidence of that this
year, except many of the spring magazines do bright green and yellow. So maybe that is emerald green.

04/15/2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Don't you mean Pantene? Lol.
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

--hide--

I thought someone would think it was Pantene, the hair company.

Posts 1 - 10 of 18