Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri. Allow at least two days for this escape. The employees, the atmosph...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri. Allow at least two days for this escape. The employees, the atmosphere, live music shows (included), skilled craftsmen demonstrating their art, the variety of things to learn, observe and do...More than anything though, I always leave there with a warm heart and a bigger smile.

At Christmas, you think you have gone back in time. Christ's name is proudly used and Christmas greetings come from all the employees. Many are retired and now work here and it is because they love being a part of Silver Dollar. The shows, costumes, carolers and lights are outstanding.

The owners of Silver Dollar City are pro-life and have publicly stated so. This is a great destination but, an absolute must during the Christmas Season. http://www.silverdollarcity.com
--hide--

Emerald Isle/island North Carolina in June

Apr 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Emerald Isle/island North Carolina in June
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

--hide--

I haven't googled that yet....what do you like about being there?
Apr 18th 2013 new

Santa Rosa Beach, FL to visit my granddaughter and some fun in the sun, Massachusettes and NY to visit my cousins and Aunts.

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I haven't googled that yet....what do you like about being there?
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I haven't googled that yet....what do you like about being there?
--hide--

I don't know yet, this will be my first time there. We generally just go to our cabin at Lake Texoma in the summer, and I love it because there is no television, no phone, just lots of fun, water, sun and good food :-)

Apr 18th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Emerald Isle/island North Carolina in June
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

--hide--

I have friends that vacation there annually... about 30 years now! Have a great time Lauren!

Apr 18th 2013 new

Travel! My favorite subject. Well I just got back from New Zealand, so money is tight. But, maybe hiking the El Camino if I can get past my injury.

Apr 18th 2013 new

I have more travel ideas than vacation time! This July I'm headed to San Fran/San Jose to check the place out and see if this is somewhere I want to move. While there, I will be attending a Marian conference over the weekend.

Fast forward to the holiday season - hopefully I'll be going to the Cayman Islands to visit a friend there, and to Iowa/Chicago to visit family. Then I also really want to go on a mission trip to one of the third world countries (I found some programs ran by various Catholic religious). God willing, I will have an opportunity to do that next summer. And in the spring, I still haven't been all the way down to Colorado river in the Grand Canyon, so I'll be working on getting those permits. So many places to go, so little time!

Apr 19th 2013 new

I'm going next month with a couple of friends to Chicago-St.Louis-Memphis-Nashville. I've never been to these places. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Apr 19th 2013 new
(Quote) Reena-961146 said: I'm going next month with a couple of friends to Chicago-St.Louis-Memphis-Nashville. I've never been to...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

I'm going next month with a couple of friends to Chicago-St.Louis-Memphis-Nashville. I've never been to these places. Any suggestions? Thank you.

--hide--

The Cathedral, St. Francis de Sales Oratory (2653 Ohio Ave, St Louis, Missouri smile ), the Brewery tours, going up in the Arch and Six Flags.

I have spent a small amount of time in Chicago and I know the museums are wonderful. I hear there are many, many other things to do there also. Walking downtown was nice and on the waterfront too...
Apr 20th 2013 new

New Orleans, May 17-24, followed by Memphis, May 24-28.

BTW, Meg, I went to Silver Dollar City last year when I was vacationing in Branson. I'm sure the owners are wonderful people. But the place is so hilly, I spent more time struggling with my Rolling Along on the hills than seeing stuff. The only thing that really made it worthwhile was the fact that bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent was playing there. (And in fact she was the reason I went in the first place.)

Bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent and me, after Rhonda's performance on May 11, 2012 at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missouri.

"Bluegrass singer Rhonda Vincent and me, after Rhon..."

Posts 11 - 20 of 45