Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match"

The link under this goes to my profile directly!

What is this all about? Who can do this?

I am very upset over this, I want this removed in any search for Catholic Match it should only go to the site not to my profile along with an insult to me!

Has this happened to anybody else and what to do about this?

There is a safety issue here.
Apr 14th 2013 new
Before I leave here, I want some answers, and also a refund.
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match"

I am very upset over this, I want this removed in any search for Catholic Match it should only go to the site not to my profile along with an insult to me!

--hide--

Cindy relax, wink

1. I opened "BING" typed in "Cindy Catholic match" and it came up to the title "still another on Catholic Match" but when I went to the link, it went to my profile; not yours, even though I had typed in "Cindy Catholic match" scratchchin .

2. Next I again opened "BING" typed in my name, "Pauline Catholic Match" and the link led me to my profile scratchchin .

3. Next I logged off Catholic match and went to "BING again" Typed in the same, "Cindy Catholic Match" and the link led me to the "log in" page of Catholic match. No profile was seen wink

4. Then I typed my name in the BING search, "Pauline- Catholic match' it led me to the "login page". No profile. biggrin

So I tested it out and to me it seems perfectly OK - no one can log into or see our profiles unless they come to Catholic Match. wink

Hope this helps clear your anxiety. I am only a member here, if you have any further questions, go to "Freqently asked Questions", then contact admin with a ticket and they usually respond by the next day.

Apr 14th 2013 new

To me, its sounds like a problem with Bing and not necessarily with CatholicMatch.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match"

--hide--

Cindy, Please use the "Help Ticket" and send a request to the Staff to address your concern. They will be glad to help and explain any issues you're having.

I don't use Bing, but did a Google search for "Cindy CatholicMatch" and No profiles showed up, yours or anyone elses. Were you logged into CM at the time you did the search? If you were logged into CM on 1 page, and open a new 2nd  "Tab or Page" and do a search it could be possible to click on a CM link on the new page and it will automatically log you in, since you're actively logged in on the first page.

Whatever the case, I'm sure the CM staff will have the correct answer for you. smile Praying

Apr 14th 2013 new

Sounds to me like Bing has some "cookie" from when you were on here, and takes you back to that result, like others are saying.

Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Dave-146273 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title...
(Quote) Dave-146273 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match"

Cindy, Please use the "Help Ticket" and send a request to the Staff to address your concern. They will be glad to help and explain any issues you're having.

I don't use Bing, but did a Google search for "Cindy CatholicMatch" and No profiles showed up, yours or anyone elses. Were you logged into CM at the time you did the search? If you were logged into CM on 1 page, and open a new 2nd "Tab or Page" and do a search it could be possible to click on a CM link on the new page and it will automatically log you in, since you're actively logged in on the first page.

Whatever the case, I'm sure the CM staff will have the correct answer for you.

--hide--

Oh thank you, yes I was already logged in, and I don't sign out, since it is easy to just reconnect again.

But, when I come back on I go in the search to get in the site, and that was the first time I saw this.

Then I did go and try the google, and there was nothing found.

I also signed out, after all of your help, and then went to the bing search, the same title and link was there, but when I hit on it, it went to Catholic Match page, not my profile.

I don't understand why this link is even there?

Last night I did send a help ticket in.
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the ti...
(Quote) Pauline-931463 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: appears on the third one down on the search page on Bing is the title , "still another on Catholic Match"

Cindy relax,

1. I opened "BING" typed in "Cindy Catholic match" and it came up to the title "still another on Catholic Match" but when I went to the link, it went to my profile; not yours, even though I had typed in "Cindy Catholic match" .

2. Next I again opened "BING" typed in my name, "Pauline Catholic Match" and the link led me to my profile .

3. Next I logged off Catholic match and went to "BING again" Typed in the same, "Cindy Catholic Match" and the link led me to the "log in" page of Catholic match. No profile was seen

4. Then I typed my name in the BING search, "Pauline- Catholic match' it led me to the "login page". No profile.

So I tested it out and to me it seems perfectly OK - no one can log into or see our profiles unless they come to Catholic Match.

Hope this helps clear your anxiety. I am only a member here, if you have any further questions, go to "Freqently asked Questions", then contact admin with a ticket and they usually respond by the next day.

--hide--

Thank you for trying all of this, it has certainly made me feel a lot better. It really scared me, thinking anyone in the world could go to my profile. I also started to try the different ways like you did.

God Bless,

Thanks for your help

Cindy. biggrin
Apr 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Brett-848238 said: To me, its sounds like a problem with Bing and not necessarily with CatholicMatch.
(Quote) Brett-848238 said:

To me, its sounds like a problem with Bing and not necessarily with CatholicMatch.

--hide--

So, you think Bing did this? Wonder how they can do this?

Thanks for posting.

God Bless,

Cindy
Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Sounds to me like Bing has some "cookie" from when you were on here, and takes you back to ...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Sounds to me like Bing has some "cookie" from when you were on here, and takes you back to that result, like others are saying.

--hide--

There's no cookie involved: the URL the seach result returns ( www.catholicmatch.com ) doesn't contain a member ID parameter, so it displays the profile of the user who views that page.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11