Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Jan-803232 said: Yes, I think so judging from the number of men on this site that state "NO" to the questi...
(Quote) Jan-803232 said:

Yes, I think so judging from the number of men on this site that state "NO" to the question about whether or not they agree with the Church's teaching on premarital sex. I always try not to speak too long or in too much detail about religion or politics until I really get to know the person. Keep the conversaton light for awhile. Take your lead from him.

--hide--

I totally disagree with your advice. Not that you should pick a fight on a first date but if you don't agree with a man on the basics of religion and politics, why waste your time? We are not talking about a work situation but potential spouse. I was going to type that I am way too old to be wasting time with morons but I didn't put up that garbage when I was 20 so apparently I haven't changed :)

Apr 19th 2013 new

I wonder if the ones who are "turned off" by it are the ones I really don't want to attract to begin with.

Apr 19th 2013 new

I wonder if the ones who are "turned off" by it are the ones I really don't want to attract to begin with.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-106 said: I totally disagree with your advice. Not that you should pick a fight on a first date but if you don&...
(Quote) Mary-106 said:

I totally disagree with your advice. Not that you should pick a fight on a first date but if you don't agree with a man on the basics of religion and politics, why waste your time? We are not talking about a work situation but potential spouse. I was going to type that I am way too old to be wasting time with morons but I didn't put up with that garbage when I was 20 so apparently I haven't changed :)

--hide--

I agree. I think you should stay that way too! wink

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Reena-961146 said: I wonder if the ones who are "turned off" by it are the ones I really don't want to...
(Quote) Reena-961146 said:

--hide--

Yes! Whenever someone is turned off by that in me I say a quiet "thank you" for letting me know it's time to move on.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Frances-955369 said: Hi everyone, I work as a full time youth minister and am very faithful to the Church. Sometimes...
(Quote) Frances-955369 said:

Hi everyone, I work as a full time youth minister and am very faithful to the Church. Sometimes when I meet new people, I tend to talk about my job (which is, of course, ministry) and I have gotten the impression that it makes me seem "too religious". Truth is, I have many interests just like everyone else. My job and ministry are a very big part of my life. Should I tone down discussion about that? Does it make me seem like a nun and push men away? Would love your opinion. Thanks!

--hide--

I don't think there is such a thing as being too religious. This is Jesus we are talking about. His love, His ministry, His Church. I find that attractive. Totally. Don't stop! Sure you should be able to converse about other things, the news, etc. But if anyone walks away from you because of being "too religious" they have done you a favor. That's my not so humble opinion!

Have a great day!

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Andy-89677heart broken 4 times on account of her wanting to be a nun and have been sad because holiness is *such* an import...
(Quote) Andy-89677heart broken 4 times on account of her wanting to be a nun and have been sad because holiness is *such* an important quality in a match and I'm just not attracted to any non-enthusiastic Catholics. So short answer is: nuns are attractive, lol :)

--hide--

I had a F2F LDR-attempt w/ a woman who became a nun. Our friendship involved the entire process she travelled before entering the Nunnery. We ever communicated after that, and I can still contact her.

Apr 19th 2013 new

(Quote) Frances-955369 said: Hi everyone, I work as a full time youth minister and am very faithful to the Church. Sometimes...
(Quote) Frances-955369 said:

Hi everyone, I work as a full time youth minister and am very faithful to the Church. Sometimes when I meet new people, I tend to talk about my job (which is, of course, ministry) and I have gotten the impression that it makes me seem "too religious". Truth is, I have many interests just like everyone else. My job and ministry are a very big part of my life. Should I tone down discussion about that? Does it make me seem like a nun and push men away? Would love your opinion. Thanks!

--hide--
Ask yourself which kind of men do you think might be pushed away, feeling intimidated, by you talking about your ministry, faith or other parts of your religious life?

Apr 20th 2013 new

This has been one of the more informative forums I have read recently--there's been a lot of feedback from both the ladies and gentlemen. The "too religious" brings to light how varied we are as Catholics.....and how we choose to celebrate and grow in our faith or experience it in our daily lives. I believe sharing how you desire to live your life on your spiritual journey is like God's light shining through you. The discernment of finding a "match" for life should be based on God's effort to grow you into the person He desires you to be. He will provide the right man (or woman--for the gents reading this) at the right moment. Until then, be the witness and woman of God you are. And Bless you for all of the efforts you do to minister to the people in your church.

Apr 20th 2013 new
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:I think that too much talk about one's job -- ANY job -- is a turn off for either sex. I want to talk about so...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:I think that too much talk about one's job -- ANY job -- is a turn off for either sex. I want to talk about some interest we share.

--hide--

That's a good observation. Unless two people do the same sort of work, talking about work can get one-sided. Even if two people do the same sort of work, talk about work can get wearying. My brother-in-law quickly grew tired of talking about work with my sister; they both worked for the same employer (in different areas). When he came home, he wanted to forget about work.
Posts 61 - 70 of 81