Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Dan number 1 I'd ask her if she had a profile on CM and start there. What's the point of asking ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Dan number 1 I'd ask her if she had a profile on CM and start there. What's the point of asking a woman her age if she doesn't share the same views?
--hide--

I have to agree. In a sense, online dating "spoils" us, and I use that term loosely. When people try to set me up and aren't even sure if the guy goes to church, I'm boggled I can't tell you how many people are like, "Why are you online? Just date locally!" rolling eyes Yeah, I'm sure good Catholics meet in youth groups, Theology on Tap, etc., but I'm not sure what my chances are that I'll meet a Catholic guy in a coffee shop or something. Unless, it's like a Bible study going on at the coffee shop; and then he'd probably be Baptist.

That's why Tebow and I didn't work out; he's Baptist. sorry

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-355103 said: Have you worked here very long?
(Quote) Kathy-355103 said:

Have you worked here very long?

--hide--

Since yesterday when I turned 16! wide eyed

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said: Hi Dan It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I...
(Quote) MaryAlice-97161 said:

Hi Dan

It's considered very impolite to ask a lady her age ... I wouldn't if I were you ... if you two seem to have a number of things in common (values, interests, etc.), then keep it going!

Good luck ...

--hide--

A roundabout way is to ask which high school she went to, if it's locally, then maybe find a graduation year and do the math. Like, Oh, my cousin went there and graduated in '95.

Apr 14th 2013 new

Dan you've gotten some good advise from Frank and Monica and a few others. If your goal is to marry a faithful catholic woman follow those advise. Good luck :)

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: A roundabout way is to ask which high school she went to, if it's locally, then maybe find a grad...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

A roundabout way is to ask which high school she went to, if it's locally, then maybe find a graduation year and do the math. Like, Oh, my cousin went there and graduated in '95

--hide--

I think that's the first thing the Green Berets learn. Lol.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: (Quote) Tara-916865 said: A roundabout way is to ask which high school she went ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:
Quote:
Tara-916865 said:

A roundabout way is to ask which high school she went to, if it's locally, then maybe find a graduation year and do the math. Like, Oh, my cousin went there and graduated in '95

I think that's the first thing the Green Berets learn. Lol.
--hide--

Awesome.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: One woman asked me out one time and I asked her if she agrees with Jesus and Catholic teaching a...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said:

One woman asked me out one time and I asked her if she agrees with Jesus and Catholic teaching and she laughed at me and walked away. This is because we were in a secular environment. Same environment you're speaking about. So think about that. Unless you two were already discussing the faith.
--hide--

Terrible. irked

Now, obviously, we Catholics go to Target and Home Depot (where I just saw a couple from my church today at BOTH places - I was like, I guess I'm following y'all), but I would say God has a pretty good sense of humor if I find my devout Catholic husband at Target or Home Depot!

Apr 14th 2013 new

If you want to ask out women you meet out in the world, you have to take your chances.

I would just say, would you like to get some coffee, and see what she says. If she is willing to go, she doesn't think you are too old.

If she is working she is over 16. It's not a crime to have coffee with someone who is young.

Apr 14th 2013 new

I met a lady whose age I thought I knew from how long she had worked in her industry. I told her my age, but didn't ask hers because I thought she was fairly close to my age. We went out a couple of times and seemed to get along well. I got an email one day saying she didn't think we would work out. She later told me her age, and it turns out she was 11 years older than me.

Apr 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Dan number 1 I'd ask her if she had a profile on CM and start there. What's the point of asking ...
(Quote) Frank-410833 said: Dan number 1 I'd ask her if she had a profile on CM and start there. What's the point of asking a woman her age if she doesn't share the same views?
--hide--

Not to mention she's a cashier, its her job to be cute, friendly and engaging. She's doing a job. She could even have a boyfriend/whatever. All you know about her is she works as a cashier. That's really not enough, not for Catholics true to their faith at least. If you see her at Church, well, that's another story.

I used to work as a cashier, when the customers hit on you, even just asking the innocent "how old are you question", it comes across as really, really creepy. Especially if they are, or appear older than you.

Posts 11 - 20 of 142