Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Marge = Chickens ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Marge = Chickens ...

--hide--

Marge is correct. She's publicly stated her Father was 20 years older than her Mother.

Go for it Dan !!! IRL I am friends w/ a 42-yo, yes - 27+ years younger. IF I asked her out, guess what - she'll say Yes.

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-529855 said: "Ashley" hmm...I used to photograph newborns about 20 years ago and Ashley was a really ...
(Quote) Joan-529855 said:

"Ashley" hmm...I used to photograph newborns about 20 years ago and Ashley was a really popular name for newborn girls back then. She is likely closer to 20 than 30 years old. Look for a "Sarah" or "Amy" or "Rachel"; they were more popular names 30 to 40 years ago, closer to your age.

--hide--

I think a "Madison" or "Brittany" might be cause for concern too! cool

May 1st 2013 new

Date someone from this site and you know her age right away and what kind of catholic values she already has!!!!

May 1st 2013 new

Hola: May I suggest you something?

Well: In that situation you could ask for her advice because you have to buy a gift for someone who may be could has in her age...or look like her...then is not so embarassing to ask how old is her. In other hand, that is a good icebreaker to start a conversation,you know.

In the second, is very thoughtful when a man is considering about the big differences in ages.
Sometimes men are looking for a girl who looks very young just for feed his self esteem and sometimes although that looks ridiculous, nobody advices him about it.
Different stages in life means more than years,means different dreams,goals,perspectives,feelings,experiences,and at the end of the way, these are very,very,very important to consider.
When the first impact passes, the real life,ordinary is very important.
I wish you have success in dating a great (inside/outside) and gorgeous girl.
Blessings

May 1st 2013 new
I agree in part that I would prefer to be with a Catholic.

BUT... and heres a couple big buts

1. Two Catholics can marry and not stay on the same path of growth in faith and spirituality. Marrying or dating only a Catholic is no guarantee of anything. Your partner has to be of strong moral fiber and determination; and not all Catholics have that, or keep that in the face of difficulty.

2. MANY of us are like me.. the offspring of when a Catholic dated and married a Protestant or a member of another religion, or someone who never went to church much. In my case, my mother became a Catholic when she married my dad. What if he decided to only ask fellow Catholics out for a cup of coffee? My mother is a devout Catholic ; she changed religions for my father but continued to grow in the faith on her own and together with Dad as they journeyed life together. I don't think they are unusual either.

I think you are slamming doors and locking them up when they should be at least left ajar

I think if you are a good practicing Catholic the joy, strength,and serenity that your faith gives you will be attractive to someone who also has that or who wants that and doesn't know how to find it.
May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: Marge is correct. She's publicly stated her Father was 20 years older than her Mother.
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Marge is correct. She's publicly stated her Father was 20 years older than her Mother.

Go for it Dan !!! IRL I am friends w/ a 42-yo, yes - 27+ years younger. IF I asked her out, guess what - she'll say Yes.

--hide--

Yes! Dan? Just do it! Even you said God threw her right at you twice last night. Someone closer to Dan's age = Dan has no real chance at having a family of his own. Run the numbers - dating, engagement, scheduling the wedding day in the Church, etc. That's at least two years...probably three before you're even trying to conceive...and that's if you met that woman 'closer to your age' tomorrow. Heck, I hope she asks you out.

May 1st 2013 new

Okay, I won't be as blunt as Marge, but I think that she has a very valid point, which is it appears instead of making the effort to talk to her you decided that she was too young so you didn't have to. I've been plenty guilty in the past when I've wanted to ask someone out then "found" a reason why I shouldn't. I can always find a reason why not.

Just making sure you realize that you aren't asking to marry her at the register! You don't even need to ask her out or even find her age. Just say "hi, how you doing?" first, than say something that you really like that she might respond to. Such as when she asks how you are doing say "Yeah I'm doing great, I'm getting this stuff for a party." (make sure it's true) She'll either start a coversation (bonus) or not. If not then she might not be a fun person to date. It might take 2 or 3 trips to get a date. or realize she's not the one.

jsut some thoughts....

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: I have to agree. In a sense, online dating "spoils" us, and I use that term...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

I have to agree. In a sense, online dating "spoils" us, and I use that term loosely. When people try to set me up and aren't even sure if the guy goes to church, I'm I can't tell you how many people are like, "Why are you online? Just date locally!" Yeah, I'm sure good Catholics meet in youth groups, Theology on Tap, etc., but I'm not sure what my chances are that I'll meet a Catholic guy in a coffee shop or something. Unless, it's like a Bible study going on at the coffee shop; and then he'd probably be Baptist.

That's why Tebow and I didn't work out; he's Baptist.

--hide--

I feel the same way, at least online I have 'some background' on him compared to a 'cold meet' LOL...

May 1st 2013 new

What a cool idea. scratchchin

Why don't any of the other gents do stuff like this? mischievous

May 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Wow. Lots o' responses. Thank you everybody for all your input. It's greatly appreciated!
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Wow. Lots o' responses. Thank you everybody for all your input. It's greatly appreciated!

So, I'm yet to go back, but I plan on going tonight and God willing she'll be working and I'll just ask her out for coffee, if she's not working, then c'est la vie. I know not everyone is the same and she might not appreciate it if a customer asked her out, but I've heard from women (outside of CM) who've said they wouldn't mind being asked out on a date by a customer. So, I figure I'll go for it..........that's if I conjure up the guts. I'm not one to just walk up to a woman and ask her out, so it's going to be tough, but I'm praying for courage.

--hide--

This has been the most fun post to read! Dan, I think it's wonderful that you are asking her out! I may have missed an update, but I pray for God's will!! And good on ya, not letting everyone scare you one way or another.

I will say that in my own experience, I have often wished to be asked my age. I am sometimes thought to be a bit younger than my 39 years and it has led to some funny (if awkward) moments.

I recently had the experiences of buying wine and being carded. The cashier, a guy biggrin , was kind of "chatting me up" very smoothily asking where I was from, and my opinion on the wine I'd selected (uh, it was under $15 and had enough sugar to stun a horse- cause my momma likes her wine sweet, and yeah we're classy like that!) Generally being cute and flirty. Well in the course of the transaction he makes a face and sheepishly says, "Sorry I have to card you cause my manager is all about that." The best part is he looks at my card all casual and does a double take...sees the year of my birth....looks up at me...looks back at my DL....and quietly does the math in his head (I'd like to take this opportunity to say that based on the amount of time it took him to do the math...we are really doing our young people a discervice academically speaking) then looks up to study my face again....hands the card back to me, along with my purchase, and murmurs, "Thank you ma'am." LOLOL!!

Posts 101 - 110 of 142