Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 2nd 2013 new
(Quote) Francine-132290 said: Hi Dan. I am sorry if I burst your bubble. She is at her place of employment, working. You are a cus...
(Quote) Francine-132290 said:

Hi Dan. I am sorry if I burst your bubble. She is at her place of employment, working. You are a customer. She is friendly with you because that is part of her job, being in customer service. It's business, whether or not she is this way all the time in real life.

This happened to me once when I was working as a cashier in my mid twenties. A guy came up to me and told me he thought I was very attracted and that he would like to get to know me. It creeped me out. I found myself wondering how come he was not aware of professional boundaries.

I know that many women do not feel the same way as I do about this, but I think those who take their work seriously and do not wish to jeopardize it will tend to agree with me.

Why don't you join a club or take a course to meet women with whom you would have something in common and you could get to know them while sharing in the same activity?

--hide--

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
May 2nd 2013 new

(Quote) Francine-132290 said: Hi Dan. I am sorry if I burst your bubble. She is at her place of employment, working....
(Quote) Francine-132290 said:

Hi Dan. I am sorry if I burst your bubble. She is at her place of employment, working. You are a customer. She is friendly with you because that is part of her job, being in customer service. It's business, whether or not she is this way all the time in real life.

This happened to me once when I was working as a cashier in my mid twenties. A guy came up to me and told me he thought I was very attracted and that he would like to get to know me. It creeped me out. I found myself wondering how come he was not aware of professional boundaries.

I know that many women do not feel the same way as I do about this, but I think those who take their work seriously and do not wish to jeopardize it will tend to agree with me.

Why don't you join a club or take a course to meet women with whom you would have something in common and you could get to know them while sharing in the same activity?

--hide--

This borderlines on rude. Francine, you have no clue as to Dan's and this woman's interaction and chemistry. You're almost telling Dan you know more about what their interactions have been than he. May I remind you that you were not there? I think Dan knows the difference between a friendly clerk and chemistry and I'm certain you did not 'burst his bubble...'

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: I agree wholeheartedly with this.
(Quote) Paul-302787 said:

I agree wholeheartedly with this.
--hide--

Thank you Paul. angel

May 3rd 2013 new
(Quote) Patrick-955401 said: Hi Dan: If I may, I think you're going at this the wrong way. In my opinion, you're ...
(Quote) Patrick-955401 said:

Hi Dan:

If I may, I think you're going at this the wrong way. In my opinion, you're giving too much importance to your feelings of attraction and not enough on the reality that this is a flesh and blood woman you're talking to. If I may be blunt, a man can fall in love with a woman every 5 minutes on a warm summer night on a busy street. It's not really "love," of course; it's just a natural reaction to seeing beautiful women.

If I were you, I would simply continue to strike up little conversations and develop a friendship with the person. Over time, if there's anything there, you will have your question, and many others, answered. Don't be too hasty to find the answers to these questions. Have faith that God will bring to you the woman he desires you to be with - or not! The most important thing is to put God first, deepen a real relationship with Him, and trust that he will satisfy your deepest desires. It takes trust and self denial, developed through prayer, to walk with God, but this is the only way to find faith, hope, and love. And these three things are very attractive.

Patrick

--hide--

I agree with Patrick, it may be that God has put that person in your life for a reason whether it's to strengthen her faith by your example or for her presence to affect you in a positive way as well. The person you are meant to be with isn't going to show up all wrapped up in a pretty bow ready for you to have.......many times the goal of a relationship is to work together toward a common goal and for most of us it is to live according to God's will and to help each other to get to heaven.

I have just begun this journey but wonder if we are allowed to have more than one soul mate during our time here on earth. My husband of 25 years died of cancer almost 8 yrs ago, I loved being married to him and in looking back practiced poor judgement by entering into an unhealthy relationship too soon afterward and recently broke away from that.

I thank God for my family and friends who provide unconditional love and support which gives me strength.

It is very important to be active within your church community to make friends.

And on a lighter side.....think networking people! The person that peaks your interest initially may not be the ONE.....remember that smiles and friendship spread quickly. Such as the bonds and friendships I have seen on these forums.....just sayin'
May 3rd 2013 new

Age is of no relevance to a Christian approaching a lioness' den. Nor should it be.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Roystan-340472 said: Age is of no relevance to a Christian approaching a lioness' den. Nor should it be....
(Quote) Roystan-340472 said:

Age is of no relevance to a Christian approaching a lioness' den. Nor should it be.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

--hide--

Yeah, but what if the lioness pounces me and kills me? eyepopping sad laughing

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Yeah, but what if the lioness pounces me and kills me?
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Yeah, but what if the lioness pounces me and kills me?

--hide--

Then you will die with a smile on your face wink laughing

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-958996 said: This borderlines on rude. Francine, you have no clue as to Dan's and this woman...
(Quote) Thomas-958996 said:

This borderlines on rude. Francine, you have no clue as to Dan's and this woman's interaction and chemistry. You're almost telling Dan you know more about what their interactions have been than he. May I remind you that you were not there? I think Dan knows the difference between a friendly clerk and chemistry and I'm certain you did not 'burst his bubble...'

--hide--

To quote former Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Tice after the Vikings failed to make a pick in the first round of the NFL draft and allowed the next two teams to pick in front of them. He addressed a crowd present for a Vikings sponsored draft party who were booing at him by saying, "OK everybody, calm down, calm down". Thank you for the support, Thomas, it's appreciated. I hear what you're saying Francine and yes, it's a gamble to hit on somebody while they're working. Not everyone is OK with it and so, it's possible this young lady would have been mad at me had I made a move. It's a risk, but life if full of risks. I understand she was doing a job and being friendly is part of it, but I liked that she was friendly b/c not everyone I come across in the retail industry is friendly and some act like you're a burden to them. So it showed me that she takes her job seriously and has a good work ethic which are attractive traits to me. Although, Thomas was right in that there was something more there b/c I looked her straight in her eyes with a big smile and noticed a change in her expression from smiling to starting to blush. Now, I could have misread it and could be wrong. I do thank you, Francine for the advice on joining a club that I'm interested in, so I can meet women with similar interests. I must admit that I should be more social and get involved with a club of some type.

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Then you will die with a smile on your face
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Then you will die with a smile on your face

--hide--

Yeah, baby!!!!!

May 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-964923 said: I agree with Patrick, it may be that God has put that person in your life for a reason whether i...
(Quote) Maria-964923 said:

I agree with Patrick, it may be that God has put that person in your life for a reason whether it's to strengthen her faith by your example or for her presence to affect you in a positive way as well. The person you are meant to be with isn't going to show up all wrapped up in a pretty bow ready for you to have.......many times the goal of a relationship is to work together toward a common goal and for most of us it is to live according to God's will and to help each other to get to heaven.

I have just begun this journey but wonder if we are allowed to have more than one soul mate during our time here on earth. My husband of 25 years died of cancer almost 8 yrs ago, I loved being married to him and in looking back practiced poor judgement by entering into an unhealthy relationship too soon afterward and recently broke away from that.

I thank God for my family and friends who provide unconditional love and support which gives me strength.

It is very important to be active within your church community to make friends.

And on a lighter side.....think networking people! The person that peaks your interest initially may not be the ONE.....remember that smiles and friendship spread quickly. Such as the bonds and friendships I have seen on these forums.....just sayin'
--hide--

I agree with you both and there's a balance to it all. I mean, I'm not going to go chasing after every woman I find attractive, but some just have the extra "uumph" to them that pulls me in. I would agree that what starts out as a friendship can develop into something more and I've experienced that. I would agree that it's wise to take things slow and get to know the person first, yet then there's my parents. My dad and mom met at a dance club and my dad fell instantly for my mom, granted it was lust, but still. He took her home after the dance, but went to a drive-in (food - think waitress coming to car, taking order and bringing out food) first and then dropped her off home. He was Lutheran and she was a cradle Catholic. He was madly in love (maybe some lust) with her and couldn't get her off his mind and pursued her in their dating. He fell in love with the Catholic church (he states, "I was a Catholic born into a Lutheran family") and became Catholic while they were engaged. Eventually they married. Like I say, there's a balance to it all. Sometimes it develops slowly and other times it's clear as day and you pursue it wholeheartedly. That's my thoughts on it all. Yes, it's nice to date a Catholic and it's my preference and it's nice to know someone is Catholic and that's my preference, but then again, I wouldn't be around if my mother had the attitude of dating only Catholics she met at a Catholic dating function. Neither would my goddaughter and two nephews be around if my sister had the same attitude. My brother-in-law joined the Catholic Church this past Easter Vigil after being married to my sister for nine years. I'm just saying that some people have their prerequisites and for good reason and God will lead them to their spouse, others have wider prerequisites and God leads them to their spouse. I think it all works out in the end.

Posts 121 - 130 of 142