Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 5th 2013 new

I agree with Monica. My Father, may God rest his wonderful soul, wouldn't have been my father if you coudn't talk to non-Catholics about dating and marriage.
My Mother, may God rest her wonderful soul, was God's instrument to halp bring my Father into the Holy Roman Catholic Church....and like many converts, my Father was a terrific Catholic....never missing Mass, a member of the Holy Name Society whne there was such a thing, and so on and so forth.

My Father was a plumber, and when I came home one day, in eighth grade, and said I wanted to go to the seminary (back when there WERE minor seminaries, he asked me what I wanted to go to the cemetary for....I still laugh when I think of his sweet innocence in so many areas.

Anyway, I spent my High School years in St Francis Seminary on Staten Island NY...Conventual (black) Franciscans...and my Father, when I was home in summer or at Christmas, would take me to coffee shops in the mornings...his only vice...coffee...black and hot....and introduce me to his cronies as his "son Francis who is going to be a priest."

Needless to say, with 4 kids, I didn't finish, but it was a wonderful time in my life, and I've always been grateful to God that HE gave me the parents HE did.

So when you ask a girl's age, do it with a smile, and say you're just curious.....you've got a nephew who would like her....yeah, I know...prevarication....or literary license....too many things that aren't "creepy" are considered so today.

No wonder nobody's having kids here or in Europe....everybody's afraid to be politically incorrect.

ASK already. She'll take it as a compliment if you do it respectfully.

May 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Frank-797076 said: I agree with Monica. My Father, may God rest his wonderful soul, wouldn't have been my father if you coudn...
(Quote) Frank-797076 said:

I agree with Monica. My Father, may God rest his wonderful soul, wouldn't have been my father if you coudn't talk to non-Catholics about dating and marriage.
My Mother, may God rest her wonderful soul, was God's instrument to halp bring my Father into the Holy Roman Catholic Church....and like many converts, my Father was a terrific Catholic....never missing Mass, a member of the Holy Name Society whne there was such a thing, and so on and so forth.

My Father was a plumber, and when I came home one day, in eighth grade, and said I wanted to go to the seminary (back when there WERE minor seminaries, he asked me what I wanted to go to the cemetary for....I still laugh when I think of his sweet innocence in so many areas.

Anyway, I spent my High School years in St Francis Seminary on Staten Island NY...Conventual (black) Franciscans...and my Father, when I was home in summer or at Christmas, would take me to coffee shops in the mornings...his only vice...coffee...black and hot....and introduce me to his cronies as his "son Francis who is going to be a priest."

Needless to say, with 4 kids, I didn't finish, but it was a wonderful time in my life, and

I've always been grateful to God that HE gave me the parents HE did.

So when you ask a girl's age, do it with a smile, and say you're just curious.....you've got a nephew

who would like her....yeah, I know...prevarication....or literary license....too many things that aren't "creepy" are considered so today.

No wonder nobody's having kids here or in Europe....everybody's afraid to be politically incorrect.

ASK already.

She'll take it as a compliment if you do it respectfully.

--hide--

I enjoyed reading your post, you have such wonderful memories, they are meant to be cherished.

rose
May 6th 2013 new
Are Frank and I the only ones who had a parent that wasn't a cradle Catholic? Its startling to me that people much younger than me are inflexible about this. Oh, absolutely, you want to be with someone who shares your faith, but there is more than one way to go about it, as is obvious if you look at the number of Catholics who were born into a different religion, but had a friend who showed them the way.
May 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: ....I should be more social and get involved...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said: ....I should be more social and get involved...
--hide--
Have you attended a CM event?
If not, start one. Invite the cashier. wink
(Don't worry, you could always hand her a note.)

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Have you attended a CM event?If not, start one. Invite the cashier. (Don't worry, you...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Have you attended a CM event?
If not, start one. Invite the cashier.
(Don't worry, you could always hand her a note.)

--hide--

I'm yet to attend a CM event, but will be this June when I go down to La Crosse, WI to vist the Shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe. There's about a dozen of us going and possibly more b/c there are still some "maybe" status.

*l* Yeah, invite the cashier. *l* Hey, my name is Dan, I think you're cute and oh, by the way, would you mind going down to La Crosse, WI to visit a shrine with me and a dozen others from CM? *lol* Think she'd say, "yes"? *l*

May 7th 2013 new

I would.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: I would.

I would.

--hide--

You'd ask Ashley (young lady's name) to go to the CM event in La Crosse? That's awefully sweet of you to do that. *l* Although, flying in from Maine seems a bit much, but who am I to say? *l* wink

May 7th 2013 new

Don't be coy, cheeky. This is why you're single. No fair playing dumb.

DUH, I would accept if you invited me to a CM event, and I think your cashier would do the same.

DUH, I would fly in from Maine to meet you or any nice CM gent in MN or wherever. When I lived in San Francisco I attended CM events in San Antonio, Boston, Philadelphia, Memphis, St. Augustine, and I can't remember the rest. Everywhere but Chicago (missed that somehow).

You are bailing out, ducky, and it's making me mad because you deserve better than that. Stop being your own worst enemy.

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Don't be coy, cheeky. This is why you're single. No fair playing dumb.DUH, I woul...

Don't be coy, cheeky. This is why you're single. No fair playing dumb.

DUH, I would accept if you invited me to a CM event, and I think your cashier would do the same.

DUH, I would fly in from Maine to meet you or any nice CM gent in MN or wherever. When I lived in San Francisco I attended CM events in San Antonio, Boston, Philadelphia, Memphis, St. Augustine, and I can't remember the rest. Everywhere but Chicago (missed that somehow).

You are bailing out, ducky, and it's making me mad because you deserve better than that. Stop being your own worst enemy.

--hide--

What happens if I'm not playing dumb and I'm just dumb? eyepopping shhh scratchchin mischievous laughing
What happens if I'm a cheeky monkey? laughing laughing

OK, I hear what you're saying and yes, I should step up to the plate and do something when it comes to women. In all honesty, I'm not going to ask Ashley her age, b/c she appears to be in her early twenties and it's a far stretch for her to actually be at an age (30) I would be comfortable dating.

I would agree that I'm just hurting myself and missing out on some wonderful women in life by giving into fear. Thank you for the pep talk.

One last question, you said I'm bailing out, but what happens if the ship is sinking, should I bail out then? laughing

May 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said:.... if the ship is sinking, should I bail out then?
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:.... if the ship is sinking, should I bail out then?
--hide--
Well, they say that you'll know that the ship is sinking when the rats jump overboard... rolling eyes duck

Posts 131 - 140 of 142