Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Monica-291280 said: Are Frank and I the only ones who had a parent that wasn't a cradle Catholic? Its startling to me t...
(Quote) Monica-291280 said: Are Frank and I the only ones who had a parent that wasn't a cradle Catholic? Its startling to me that people much younger than me are inflexible about this. Oh, absolutely, you want to be with someone who shares your faith, but there is more than one way to go about it, as is obvious if you look at the number of Catholics who were born into a different religion, but had a friend who showed them the way.
--hide--

My Dad converted when he met Mom, and my grandfather converted when he met my grandmother. The funny thing with my grandparents was he was English (immigrated from England) and my grandmother was French Canadian (obviously Catholic). My grandfather was very smitten with grandma since the moment he met her! One of grandpa friends said to him "You know you're going straight to hell if you marry that Catholic French girl", my grandfather without missing a beat (as was his style) simply replied "Well it's good to know where I'm going!" 60+ years of happy marriage, and the model of true love, and a comvert who was very active in his faith.

May 8th 2013 new

And so he should. All that pain from being wrenched apart by teeth and claw might suffice to skip Purgatory and go straight to Heaven.

Or sump'n like that.

Posts 141 - 142 of 142